{'en': 'Novorapid or Humalog', 'es': 'Novorapid o humalog'} Image

Novorapid or Humalog

geminis247's profile photo   02/02/2012 11:16 a.m.

Hello,

I need to know what insulin is better, the novorapid or the humalog ... what differences do you have?

What is fast or ultra fast corrective insulin for you?

What if a rapid ultra is better than the fast?

Thank you so much!

geminis247's profile photo
geminis247
02/02/2012 11:16 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

It's like asking if the Campofrío turkey breast is better or El Pozo ... :?:?:?What to answer?

Personally, based on my experience and that of other people who have coincided with me, I would say that Humalog has a curve with some more power and somewhat less duration than the novorapid, which is a little less strong and more lasting.But it is my opinion and that of several more people who have also said that.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
02/02/2012 11:40 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

The good one who sends the doctor.I always (since I leave the regular) I have used Humalog ... an objective advantage is that they sell it in vials and you can load the bomb easier ... Of course I do not know whether or not you are in vials ...

tica's profile photo
tica
02/02/2012 11:50 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

I self -care what I put in another thread:

The differences between the 3 ultrarapid insulins can be significant, an example is that of excipients.
Excipient comparison of the 3 ultra -upstyle insulins:
Apidra
Metacresol, sodium chloride, trometamol, polysorbate 20, hydrochloric acid, sodium hydroxide concentrate, water for injected preparations

Novorapid
Glycerol, phenol, metacresol, zinc chloride, dysóic phosphate dihydrate, sodium chloride, hydrochloric acid (for pH adjustment), sodium hydroxide (for pH adjustment), water for injectable preparations

Humalog
M-Cresol [3.15 mg/ml] Glycerol Dibasic sodium phosphate.7H2O Zinc oxide Water for injectable preparations may have used hydrochloric acid and sodium hydroxide to adjust the pH to 7.0-7.8.

Being the 3 very similar insulins, they do not stop having their differences, so the assimilation of each one can be different.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
02/02/2012 1 p.m.

thank you

geminis247's profile photo
geminis247
02/02/2012 8:49 p.m.

In a 5 -year -old girl we have used Apidra and Novorapid.The difference is brutal.Apidra is a Ferrari the curve of the food, very softened, with novorapid the curve is larger and after eating at two hours if you have finally lowered something.
Slowly we have used NPH, years ago, Lantus, Levemir and now about two years the swallow.
We have deposited our confidence in Novonordish, although it is difficult to believe in them for the events that occurred and uncovered.
greetings

hoyos9's profile photo
hoyos9
06/01/2017 11:19 a.m.

They changed my novorapid to Humalog because of the half units that the "junior" has and has been a total disaster.I had the glycosylated in 5.9 and without any hiccups and in three weeks of Humalog I can't take the point.The same gives me hiccups after clicking at the hour and a half or so I go all day very high.I will return to Novorapid, who already had the point, really.I have gone from having an average of 135 to 24 h.to one of 175, and if I say to click a little more, hypo insured.

Jose71's profile photo
Jose71
03/24/2022 11:24 a.m.

Like Jose71 I have changed Humalog's novorapid for the half units.I have been doing the point very well either.The pen seems weird, it has a spring at the base and when you squeeze you do not know if the dose has entered or not, because it returns to its initial position.Therefore, I suspect when I am high that has not entered liquid, I don't know, it causes me insecurity.I wear 1.5 units at night and sometimes I stay high and sometimes at 12 I'm almost in hiccups.
I will give you some time of adaptation, I suppose it will be a matter of taking the trick.

Ensalada's profile photo
Ensalada
03/24/2022 2:27 p.m.

LADA desde septiembre de 2021
Toujeo y Fiasp
Aprendiendo

@Jose71: I use the Novopen that allows half units with novorapid cartridges.This rechargeable boli is expensive but it is reusable. When you finish the insulin novorapid you do not throw the ball, only the cartridge.

Ricki21's profile photo
Ricki21
03/26/2022 7:31 p.m.

DM1 desde 1982: Toujeo+Novorapid

I use the same ball with cartridges and it works very well.The half units are an aid, for which we make very precise calculations of carbohydrates and factors.As is my case.Sometimes my doctor opens my eyes and tells me, what a barbarian!

Of course, you have to be aware of which the Bol works well and always purge a couple of units.I recently asked for a new ball because I checked that the old one did not work well.He let out less insulin than usual.I always purged two units, I look at what comes out, and I get an idea if the amount that comes out is the usual.

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
03/26/2022 8:58 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Is there any insulin that begins to act in 15 minutes?Novorapid?

Before I was with Humalog and now with Fiasp, at first well but then it seems as if my body gets used to it and takes me average 40 min to take effect 🤦🏽‍♂️

Thank you!

mrastra's profile photo
mrastra
03/27/2022 3:01 p.m.

Jose71 said:
They changed my novorapid to Humalog for the half units that the "junior" has and has been a total disaster.I had the glycosylated in 5.9 and without any hiccups and in three weeks of Humalog I can't take the point.The same gives me hiccups after clicking at the hour and a half or so I go all day very high.I will return to Novorapid, who already had the point, really.I have gone from having an average of 135 to 24 h.to one of 175, and if I say to click a little more, hypo insured.

There is the Novorapid version to be able to load 1/2 units, they gave me a reusable pen of the Novopen Echo brand, wears glass cartridges (but they are well protected by the pen).In addition, the last amount of insulin that you administer is registered in the pen and how much insulin effect time it remains in the body.
Novorapid is the only one I have used, I've been very long for months, but for the moment, I am doing well.

Cassie's profile photo
Cassie
07/07/2022 1:13 p.m.

For my novorapid it is more powerful than Humalog and yes, I have more hypos than with Humalog although when I used Humalog, I always put 10 units before each meal and outside, in the end with a 7.8 glycWith Novorapid and Tresiba I go with a 6.6 glyc

Rogerix's profile photo
Rogerix
07/09/2022 12:38 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.