What explanation do you have?

Borgia's profile photo   02/03/2012 4:48 a.m.

Friends:
A moment ago, hardly wake up, I measured my sugar with the Onetouch Ultraeasy glucometer and gave me

148/159/160 and 179;All measurements carried out in less than five minutes.

And how should I intrepreter that?Cordial greetings.

Pedro

Borgia's profile photo
Borgia
02/03/2012 4:48 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

No case.It is normal.These measurements are kept in the range.The meters are not perfect and have a margin of error.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
02/03/2012 5:14 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

Do not worry in excess for that, even with two identical glucometers using strips of the same lot and with the same drop of blood you have different measurements and if that occurs (bone with all or almost all identical conditions) by having other easier conditionsHave different measurements.

The glucometers have a margin of error (allowed by law) and as Gondrullo says those measurements you have made are "within rank".

The interpretation that I would take is: you have got up with a 150+ mg/dl glycemia, if you see that it is repeated for 2 or 3 days the dose of the slow insulin that you put on at night (either lantus, Levemir, Insulatard ...).

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
02/03/2012 7:14 a.m.

Thanks to both for the answer.

I see that I do not have to call "firefighters" I barely find that the measurement has risen, hope to see how measurements evolve in 2/3 days and then solve on increasing and/or decreasing the application of insulin.

It is that with this matter I take every scare ....... "

Salu2
Pedro (Gran Canaria)

Borgia's profile photo
Borgia
02/03/2012 11:46 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.