Hello!!I am new

soledad10's profile photo   02/10/2012 9:40 a.m.

Hello everyone, I write to Raiz a study of glycemia curve that my clinical doctor has requested.

I tell you that I am 30 years old, I have no children and I take care of me at meals for approximately 5 years, I am not overweight since I am 1.65 and 55kilos weight and blood glucose seemed to stay at 110 on an empty stomach.

It turns out that the values ​​of the curve they gave me are:
Fasting glycemia 130
at 210 and 2 hours 70

In my family I have a history of type 2 diabetics (my grandmother, my grandfather, my father, my uncle, cousins ​​and children of cousins ​​too: twisted :)

Today he saw the gynecology and took his studies because she also controls me the sugar and told me that with these values ​​it was already type 2 diabetes, before I took Yasmienlle (contraceptive) but for heaviness on my legs I take them off ...

Well the issue is that I have a turn with my clinic recently on the 29th of this month and I am half dizzy, will I give me a pill to lower the sugar?I already find myself in a diet and I know I shouldn't eat but hey ... Thank you all for reading.

Kisses: Mrgreen:

soledad10's profile photo
soledad10
02/10/2012 9:40 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

A blood glucose above 126 mg/dl on an empty stomach means diabetes.This is the theory.
In your case, with a glycemia of 130, touching the high value, with 30 years and without current overweight ... You would have to study your case very well.

The 210 mg/dl after 1 hour ... I imagine that after the intake of 75 or 100 mg of glucose ... they are revealing that something happens, because in normal conditions you should not exceed 190.

They probably request a test called glycosylated hemoglobin, which is the average of all glycemia of the last 3 months.
If the result is greater than 5.6% (depending on the laboratory) the diagnosis of diabetes can be confirmed.

The second part to find out is what type of diabetes
- Type 1 diabetes ... The symptoms are urinating a lot, eating a lot, drinking a lot and losing a lot of weight.
- Type 2 diabetes ... It is much more nonspecific, but in your case with the family history it would not be discharged either ... although it is normally associated with overweight and obesity.
- Lada type diabetes, which is a mixture of the previous 2.

If you are type 1 you would start with insulin, almost surely
-If you would start with a metformin pill
If you were a lada type, you would also start metformin, probably.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
02/10/2012 1:03 p.m.

Hello!!Thank you very much for your explanation, because the gynecology when I see the studies sent me a lot of blood tests (I don't understand the lyrics) but I think that within the list is glycosylated hemoglobin.
In my family all have been type2 diabetics, without taking insulin only diet control + pills.
We will see what the clinical doctor tells me.Thank you so much!

all the best!

soledad10's profile photo
soledad10
02/10/2012 1:56 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.