Are there needles less than 8 mm for insulin feathers?

juanqui2791's profile photo   02/23/2012 9 a.m.

Hello, for a long time that I did not enter here, and I would like to ask if there are for the bowling, needles of less than 8 mm.
I have a 6 -year -old boy and they have changed us from the Insulatard, and Actrapid, the Levemir and Novo Rapid, and now instead of
Syringguilla is Com Boli.But the needles tell us in the health center that are 8 mm long and the ones we have in the syringes are 6.

juanqui2791's profile photo
juanqui2791
02/23/2012 9 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Yes, there are also 5 mm, which for children are the most appropriate.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/23/2012 9:48 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

<BLOCKQUOTE JUANQUI2791 "" = "" REL = "" Hi, for a long time I did not enter here, and I would like to ask if there are for the bolis, needles of less than 8 mm.
I have a 6 -year -old boy and they have changed us from the Insulatard, and Actrapid, the Levemir and Novo Rapid, and now instead of
Syringguilla is Com Boli.But the needles tell us in the health center that are 8 mm long and the ones we have in the syringes are 6.

The needles of 8 for a child is as if an adult clicks with a needle for horses.
For a child you have to use the little ones;whether 6 or especially from 5. But even certain adults (depending on your BMI) are more appropriate than 6 than 8, since if you are of thin or fat complexion, the one of eight canpenetrate too much (for example I am better six).

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
02/23/2012 10:30 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

The latest needle size recommendations say that the size of 5 or 6 mm is sufficient for any person except great obesity.

Here: <!

Gondurulo, you could ask the lords of Becton Dickinson if they have already had the 4mm needle to market ??????

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
02/23/2012 1:19 p.m.

Owash, I use the 4 mm of the BD company.

DiabetesForo
02/23/2012 4:32 p.m.

Angela always used 5 mm and they went well for us, but the other day at the Lasenfermeras hospital they had their doubts about the effectiveness of the injections with those of 4mm (they even spoke of babies).Not only are they shorter, but finer, which could cause the needle not to be introduced correctly.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
02/23/2012 4:59 p.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Both my son and I use 5 mm.I only use the 8 mm, for the less in the culete, in arms, belly use the 5 mm, because I am of skinny arms, and with those of 8 mm, I always wore the arms full of bruises

pepi's profile photo
pepi
02/24/2012 2:59 a.m.

The latest recommendations in needle size say that the size of 5 or 6 mm is sufficient for anyone except great obesity.

Here:

I didn't know anything about these needles, and seeing your message I have written to you via web.They have answered at the time saying that they redirected my comment to the corresponding department.And after ten minutes I had a message responsible for the area to tell me to call him on the phone to comment on my needs.:?:?:?:?So ... what do you want to know?

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
02/24/2012 8 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

Well, know if 4mm needles sell in Spain

Forero Haribita confirms that he uses the 4mm, but in my hospital they don't know anything about those needles and I see that you didn't know anything.

Nor on the official BD website put anything: Link ... 6 & amp; id = 31877

But almost 1 year ago they announced their implementation: Link ... 9 & amp; comments

DiabetesForo
02/24/2012 noon

There I leave the link with the needles that I have been using for 1 year: Link ... 3 & amp; id = 32475

DiabetesForo
02/24/2012 1:39 p.m.

Thanks to everyone, I have already achieved the BD needles, 5 mm. I had to go back to the health center and ask for them, as they did not have them and orders say they make them from month in month.They have given me a leaf sealed by the health center, and with that we have gone to the polygon where from there they supply the centers.In the warehouse they said that they had never seen that it was no one to collect material, since the center by urgent mail has it in 24 hours.
But what matters is that they have given them to me, that for the next one they already have them in the Center of my health.And thanks to the ATS that has given me the role in an hour I had them at home.

juanqui2791
02/24/2012 3:32 p.m.

Another thing, regarding the change of the insulating with the Actrapid, to put Levemir and Novo Rapid.We have started removing the actrapid.And we are with the Insulatard and the Novorapid.
For the weekend I already changed Levemir and Novorapid.
I would like to ask how do the beak is the one with the one?Since the reason for the change was for the great NPH peaks.

juanqui2791
02/24/2012 3:36 p.m.

Helloaaaaaaaaaaaa,
Until recently I used the 8 mm, but they hurt me a lot, now I use those of 5 of BD, and I am delighted, I did not know that there were 4
Greetingsssssssssss

anabeg's profile photo
anabeg
02/24/2012 6:01 p.m.

Hellooo!Before I used the 8mm, and they hurt me a lot.I had no idea that there were smaller, since my mother who is also diabetic used 8mm.When I went to the health center for more, there was a new nurse and was scandalized when I told her that I used those.He told me that for me physique I had to be 5mm, and since I am with them, they do not hurt me and my insulin levels have improved a lot.He also told me that with babies they were used in 3mm, but I have no more information about it.
The truth is that you have to touch a good nurse and that you are interested .. because otherwise .....

raquelpvdiab28's profile photo
raquelpvdiab28
11/04/2016 11:09 a.m.

Diabética Tipo 1 desde Noviembre de 2015.

I use them from 8mm;But there are several sizes, I even think 4mm. I use BD

rafaelcaballero's profile photo
rafaelcaballero
06/14/2017 10:43 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.