On measurements

Borgia's profile photo   02/26/2012 3:47 p.m.

To the group:
It will be a silly question, but it is my question:

When talking about measuring sugar two hours after an intake, how should I really understand it?

Is it the same to do it exactly at 2 hours, two thirty or three?

Greetings.

Pedro

Borgia's profile photo
Borgia
02/26/2012 3:47 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

On that subject I have another question.In case of a "Spanish style" comilona of those who last hours and almost mix with cafelito and desserts and dinner, when do you mediate?

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
02/26/2012 4:50 p.m.

Well, I usually measure myself from 2 hours or 2 and a half hours and if the food has a lot of fat or a lot of protein I measure me at 4 hours also because I usually have to correct or see if the dual bolus has worked for me.

DiabetesForo
02/26/2012 5:09 p.m.

To the group:
When considering that the responses of Haribita and Prado are very good, I think it would justify that someone with more experience will complement them ..

And I conclude: What is that of the dual bolus?

Salu2

Pedro

Borgia's profile photo
Borgia
02/27/2012 4:46 a.m.

The dual bolus is a possibility that gives you the insulin pump.The bolus is the amount of insulin that you put to cover a meal, if the food is composed of slow absorption hydrates, or it carries a lot of fat that slows the digestion the bolus can be programmed so that an amount between at the time and the restEntering for a while programs, for example I have to put 6 units in total, 4 of them at the time of starting to eat and two that enter in the following 2 hours.When I did not have a bomb what I did is that I punctured me twice, when starting to eat and at the time or an hour and a half the rest of the units.

DiabetesForo
02/27/2012 5:38 a.m.

My theory is that what is measured is the effect of insulin, not the effect of food.
So I usually measure myself at 3 hours of putting the insulin.

And this is because ultra -granted insulins come to have that duration approximately.

From that data, I know that I have almost no ultra -granted insulin and therefore if I am high or low I can make the decisions with more security than if I did the blood glucose at 2 hours.

DiabetesForo
02/27/2012 12:49 p.m.

Hello boy/as
I have another 2 more questions .....
In weddings, Christmas and other events, what takes 2 hours to eat .... how long are you looking at yourself?And when do you click the insu ??A girl in a course commented that it was medium normal and half of the insu was punctured and at the end of the food it mediated again and put the supplement.that's ok???????

And when you have eaten in a normal time (20 min), you measure yourself at 2 hours (and you are 140 for example) and at 3-4 hours you suddenly have 180 .... why is it?

Nisa's profile photo
Nisa
04/20/2012 1:37 p.m.

Possss of the BBC and festivals to save is complex .... My opinion is that you have to click 2 times insulin.
One in the middle and one in the end.

and when you have eaten in a normal time (20 min), you measure yourself at 2 hours (and you are 140 for example) and at 3-4 hours you suddenly have 180 .... why is it?

Great mysteries: Mrgreen:
Well, it depends ... you may miss basal insulin or that does not cover you so much time.
Fats may have done their effect and glymia uploads later ...
It may be for the nerves ...
It may be for hormones ...

DiabetesForo
04/20/2012 2:12 p.m.

ooooooooo!But how difficult this is!ha ha ha.I could not behave like any other disease, that a little collaborate is fucking diabetes, right?he he.

Nisa's profile photo
Nisa
04/21/2012 8:12 a.m.

It's that "Joia" so we don't get bored ...: Mrgreen:

DiabetesForo
04/21/2012 2:05 p.m.

There is an article published from a study by a University of England and revealed that the highest glucose peak in the body is between 71 minutes and 74 minutes after the first bite, I leave it again and share them again.
But there is nothing like the study of your body's behavior in reaction to what you eat, with a simple series of glucose readings that you do every 20 or 30 minutes you will realize if this data is reality.
On my own I already did it in normal conditions (food time 20-30 minutes) and it was very approximate, after the 75th minute, the values ​​began to go down.

Test and luck.

greetings....

zyand's profile photo
zyand
06/06/2012 4:55 p.m.

Thank you Zyand, ok .. If I find it I take a look.and I will do the test .. it has to have less than a year that you still don't know yourself much.

Nisa's profile photo
Nisa
06/06/2012 5:14 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.