{'en': 'Many bubbles with Medtronic bomb', 'es': 'Muchas burbujas con bomba Medtronic'} Image

Many bubbles with Medtronic bomb

DiabetesForo's profile photo   02/29/2012 4:59 a.m.

Hello,

My son carries the Medtronic bomb and changed the catheter and reservoir every 3 or 4 days as they told me in the hospital, because there is no time in those 3 or 4 days that do not appear bubbles and not a lot, I don't knowIf this is normal.

Insulin is at room temperature when I change it and check the reservoir to remove them before putting the catheter.

Does this happen to everyone?

Thank you!

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
02/29/2012 4:59 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

It happens to me.
Sometimes super bubbles, other times mini bubbles
And the times I do not have any.

Ana82's profile photo
Ana82
02/29/2012 5:04 a.m.

Exactly the same thing happens to me.

Nana's profile photo
Nana
02/29/2012 11:12 a.m.

Desde los 8 años con mi amiga Diabetes, llevamos de amistad 55 años...pa'lante siempre.

Hemo 5.9 enero 2014 Bombera 3 años.

Si algún día te sientes pequeño, inútil ultrajado y deprimido, recuerda que un día fuiste el espermatozoide mas rápido y victorioso de tu grupo.

Do you have caution before placing insulin on the deposit to temper it out of the fridge for a few hours?

Alberto P's profile photo
Alberto P
03/15/2012 8:33 a.m.

And how do you carry the reservoir?
Since I do it by extracting the insulin from the pen as if it were a road, we have improved infinitely.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
03/15/2012 10:26 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

I always do it from the pen ... curiously I never have bubbles when I start the pen, they always come out when I use it again.

DiabetesForo
03/15/2012 12:39 p.m.

Well, I have never had that bubble problem, but I have always loaded the reservoir as Velia says, even now that I charge it from the pen, I do it in the same way as when I used Humalog in vials.

DiabetesForo
03/15/2012 1:15 p.m.

What do you mean by Velia with what you load insulin as if it were a vial?

I click the pen in the reservoir and insulin position, I don't know that another way is to do so.

DiabetesForo
03/16/2012 7:50 a.m.

I charge her by pulling the reservoir plunger and thus taking out the insulin.As if you load a vial syringe ... it is that in Medtronic they taught us to load the reservoir carrying the 60 units of the pen and pressing this to introduce insulin into the reservoir and thus, 3 times, until it completes it, asEnter with a lot of pressure, many bubbles are formed ... In the other way, you can extract the insulin slowly and if a large bubble is formed in the head of the reservoir that is removed easy.
I don't know if I have explained correctly.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
03/17/2012 8:53 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

I had never thought about it, tomorrow I have changed and try it.

Thank you.

DiabetesForo
03/19/2012 4:24 a.m.

The bubbles will probably be done, they are because of the heat, because insulin is next to our body and we are 36º when the bolis are at room temperature.

My solution is that when a high figure comes out and what I do is do again as if I change everything but without doing it, to see how I explain.

Unplugged the boy, in the machine you give him the reservoir, you manually take out the bubbles from the reservoir and then follow the change procedure but do not take the passage of filling the canula.

I take out the bubbles, but whenever I get a high figure, because they stay in the reservoir and if they do not happen to the catheter nothing happens.

aranzazuleg's profile photo
aranzazuleg
07/01/2015 12:55 p.m.

We were told that bubbles, if they are not loading insulin, are produced with the temperature, in summer, taking the pump near the body and with the heat are generated more bubbles.

march's profile photo
march
07/30/2015 9:32 a.m.

Hello good morning, my son is now 14 years old and debuting with 9 years, he has for more or less 1 month the Medtronic bomb and we also have the problem of the happy bubbles of the reservoir, would it be so difficult for insulin to come in reservoirsalready preloaded?I think no, what happens is that I suppose it would be an economy problem due to the cost of containers.

Pachi's profile photo
Pachi
02/04/2016 10:04 a.m.

It is nonsense about the bubbles that happens to the Medtronic.They had to solve it at once, always with nonsense that if it is because of the heat of the body and others.The problem is the pump and this is, something happens.What happens that the body does not transmit the body to us?

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
02/04/2016 11:59 a.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

@jconegar I after all the problems I also saw with Roche's mine, I am clear that there has to be, because the animas never complain

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
02/04/2016 3:58 p.m.

Conviviendo con la diabetes desde 1986
Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

@Gemater I agree with @jconegar.I cannot be happier with my animas regarding bubbles.I have never had any problem with this issue, and that sometimes I forget to get the fridge's novorapid road a little earlier.

Inday's profile photo
Inday
02/05/2016 1:38 a.m.

Hello everyone!The big problem that my daughter is having with the Medtronic bomb is not that they are the bubbles.... They are the catheters.They are withdrawn very easily, especially when they are inserted into the gut.They obstruct themselves.According to the degree of acoding, sometimes the pump triggers the "blocked infusion alarm, verify the infusion equipment" and other times the acoding is mild and does not produce the increase in enough pressure to shoot the alarm, but the insulin does not happenAnd we find out about high glycemia and acetone in more than one occasion.This is frequently happening to us with the passage of the basal.The bolus passes, but the basal, which is light, no.Two nights ago it happened.I did a control at 4 in the morning and had 350, we looked at acetone and 1.1.However, the dinner bolus had had a good time, and dinner post was perfect.This issue has me fried.My daughter is very thin, barely has a chichilla in the gut.We have called Medtronic and his educators and we will try the oblique catheters to see how, because the 6 mm rectums are very much acodu and those of 9 mm somewhat less than those of 6 but they also give it problems.If this happened very occasionally, it would be passable, but it is already rare that they spend two weeks without having problems .... This issue is the only thing the bomb closes.Let's see if with the oblique we get some peace of mind!

Ainhoa's profile photo
Ainhoa
02/05/2016 12:55 p.m.

Dulce introducción al caos...
DT 3

Hello everyone,

Bubbles are the eternal problem of all those who carry a bomb.

From our experience:

1.- Before loading the pump insulin cartridge, insulin must be approx.24h.Outside the fridge, having the insulin greater density than other íiquides, the cold makes a kind of bubble foam form.

2.- When you are loading the cartridge and are forming small bubbles before loading it completely you take it out and load air, so that a large bubble is formed that absorbs the small ones, moving it a little and giving some taps the small bubbles are "" "They integrate "in the big one. Once you have the large bubble you focus on the cartridge and you are expelling it by pressing the plunger, but before you completely expel it again to prick the cartridge in the road or pen and end up expelling that great that greatbubble inside the vial.Then and without taking the pricked cartridge on the road, finish loading the missing insulin.The cartridges are usually 350 units.But you can load a little more, load it butt so that you can then expel something of insulin when making the last purge.

We work this form very well.

When you change the cartridge, once installed in the pump, you also have to purge the infusion set, take advantage of this purged to, while the insulin is expelled, hitting the pump so that the bubbles rise and goleaving the catheter.

As insulin is transparent and the cannula as well and the air too, it is recommended that the load be made on a color surface pulling dark, we use a green kitchen cloth, so that it is contrast.

As soon as I can hang a video.

On YouTube a video circulates from an American girl who does is extract the air from the road, so that insulin is "in the void".It is not a bad way, the problem is that when loading the cartridge, when pulling the plunger, as in the vial there is a vacuum surface it costs a lot of loading, it costs a lot to pull the plunger, but there are people to whom it works.

By the way, what they say that the heat of the body causes bubbles to appear ..... a fallacy, a lie, and if it were true, that it is not, go because it would be the device that has manufactured in Medtronic.If the cartridge is full and without air inside it is physically impossible for bubbles to appear, air cannot enter and air cannot be formed.Try to heat a cartridge without air in the microhonda, loaded with water at a temperature of 35ºC, nothing happens, only if we happen you can melt the plastic of the cartridge.

Monica_LTD's profile photo
Monica_LTD
02/06/2016 1:46 p.m.

www.latiendadeladiabetes.com
info.latiendadeladiabetes@gmail.com

El Libro Blanco de la Diabetes
La diabetes contada por diabéticos

The animas are dead our body does not heat the insulin hahaha.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
02/06/2016 8:02 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

@Monica_ltd because I use Roche's bomb and they did nothing to me for the second time, first it was a problem with the bubbles and the second with the battery.With the new one I am having the same problem as with the first, position and change everything without leaving a bubble, we go for what you say we use the same methods, but even and so, the subsequent days are formed alone.
I do not say that it is the heat, nor did it find explanation, but of course in my case I have the intuition that the Bolus do not enter correctly.This week I will comment with my nurse again.

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
02/06/2016 10:35 p.m.

Conviviendo con la diabetes desde 1986
Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.