Canulas Specifications and Use

DiabetesForo's profile photo   03/03/2012 7:48 a.m.

Good in relation to other posts, including one of mine, I open this post in case you take good to summarize the use of cannulas in the function of your experience and physical characteristics, of the cannulas and the patient

I open my experience that it is the Medtronic Canulas that they have in my hospital:

The Standard QuickSet Paradigm MMT 397.Straight 9mm needle
I only use it in the belly and I have used it in gluteo, it has given me problems in some cases to move from its site.
Belly and gluteos with a lot of adipose tissue.But 90 and I measure 1.72m

That of children mmt 399.6mm straight needle
I have tried it on the legs where I have no fat.It does not admit insulin in any way.It is unfeasible to rotate the puncture to the legs so far.With pen this part has a fairly variable and insufficient absorption.

The oblique mmt 378, oblique (20 to 40 degrees) of 17mm
The one tested as an alternative to the standard only in a case in gluteo.The pain made me take it out.
I can basically rotate more than around the belly and gluteans. In arms and legs I don't see solution.

In my hospital there are no more guys for my bomb they tell me.
As an important anecdote I can say that once in the belly with the 9mm bleeding without stopping when you take out the cannula as soon as you insert it for feeling pain.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
03/03/2012 7:48 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Yes, the bleeding has also happened to me ... Once when insertThey were normal, glycemically speaking

In another case, I bleed a little when I took out the cannula ... During the 3 days the glycemia were somewhat higher and was a bit muskent for that;But I had no pain or discomfort or any other indication.

We are physically similar, I think ..:-/
I only use the 9 mm and in the belly .... My system is to start from one side and rolling to the other side.

They advised me to introduce the catheter in standing position, never sitting ... I don't know if this can influence something or not.

DiabetesForo
03/03/2012 4:49 p.m.

Hello greetings to all the truth is that I read you a lot but I participate little good to the fear ... Let's see bomb from Nov 2008 that of Medtronic and the canula is 9mm, I put it on me for two years in the abdomen,But then I never had problems with gluteo, the truth is that best in gluteYou could put it seems a bit weird, I am not super -contained with the pump, it is always well controlled and from the pump more and I have been with diabetes for 24 years, the last January hemoglobin was 6.2 I said greetings and I hope to participate more

scooterboy's profile photo
scooterboy
03/04/2012 2:52 p.m.

I use the quick set of 6mm, the one who says water for children;), I do not understand why only for children, to me the 9mm produced me bruises, I usually put it in my belly and in the buttock, I never tried in thearms, it seems to me that it is not a very comfortable place, but it will be a matter of trying .....:-/

DiabetesForo
03/04/2012 4:03 p.m.

I also believe that having the bomb you have to try to get the most possible ... Have you contacted Medtronic?They can give you a solution ... I approve and I already answered the post of the catheters ... It happened to us once that all the 6 mm catheters were folded ... it was a horrible streak, and above vacation... When we contacted the house, he offered the oblique 13 mm ... Angela continues to use them and they are going to fable.It also hurts to insert them, I imme that the others, I mean, some do not note them and others bother him something else.You could try ... that and the other recommendations that have given you the day catheter in addition to getting up at midnight to measure you until you take confidence and see that everything works correctly.
You comment that your hospital there are no other guys, so I tell you to speak directly with Medtronic, that they give you any test and then send them to your hospital, the cost is practically the same and I suppose there will be no problem in change.
Luck.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
03/05/2012 5:06 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

I reopen the post to tell my current experience:

Legs: They do not accept canula, it hurts there is no fat, the insulin does not pass
Back: Bad hurt, I'm not able to purge since my hands do not reach me
Abdomen: It is the only site I use and back where the 2 hands arrives

9 mm fatal straight does not enter insulin correctly
13 mm oblique to me little insulin or if it enters it lasts 1 day, if I do sports stops working
17 mm oblique, it lasts 2 days.

Definitely if I do sports on the 13th, there are no bubbles or bleedEnter the minimum.

I will call Medtronic my fat or whatever it is not going well.

If someone happens to him something similar and wants to contribute something ...

thank you

DiabetesForo
08/21/2012 7:11 p.m.

Good I use those of 9. It happened to me 2 or 3 times that when I changed it I have had something high, once I remove it the cannula to see if it had folded, and the only thing that in the middle of theCanula was a drop of blood (I say that if it would be so that insulin did not enter well).I have changed the pray to change it and for now it seems that everything is fine.By the way, it was not yet removed the previous cannula, I connect the bomb there (the educator told me that until I worked well, I would not take away what I knew that it worked especially if I caught me away from home).

samozeus's profile photo
samozeus
08/24/2012 7:24 a.m.

DM1 desde el 81 antes de naranjito.
Con bomba desde 2012
Minimed Veo parading
Minimed 640g desde 06/2015
Minimed 640g desde 19/03/2016 la 2a
Minimed 780g desde el 23/03/2021
Hemoglobina 12/01/2021->6.1
28/07/2021-> 6.4

Well I tell you what Medtronic tells me:

The catheter is only folded by the internal musculature at the time of insert.
The blows in the area does not affect him, he refers to martial arts and other dangerous activities to argue that he does not double.
Taking out the guide needle does not affect whether it becomes slow or fast.
Preferable to put a catheter with insert and standing, sitting with pinches of 1 inch.

Issues :

Without bubbles, without pulls, without a new cold insulin, at 14 hours of operation stop working, new catheter with the medtronic insert, I put 4 units of bolus and tells me that there is no infusion when it goes for 3uds.Another catheter again (they tell me that I use another) and so far.The one that does not work and is intact without folds, without blood, perfect.

It also tells me that the insulin 3 days at room temperature crystallizes enough so that the pump fails: "Let's see if that is going", that is, the lapaut should be: insulin in the fridge 12 h is removed for room temperature when putting reservoir, at 3 days the reservoir is thrown up or not?(I have the reservoir more than 3 days but it is spent, and the pen to recharge several days outside the fridge at room temperature)

How do you see it?It tells me that it works for me any other type of insertion that instead of Canula, wears needle .It refers to the Southern Systemfeature = player_embedded & amp; v = 7bcqffvfd4
do you have this needle system?Or does it do more damage to the skin?
Willn't the bomb have little pressure force? Mia's mother stand at 3 unds and leave me without infusion, thankfully it was in the afternoon.

Anyway, the suggestions are all welcome, the bomb is being very uphill.

I started this thread in August and even without definitive solution.
Thank you so much.

DiabetesForo
10/12/2012 6:30 p.m.

By the way to complete:

How often do you have an incidence with the pump?, I every 2-3 fell as an incidence and almost never complete the 2 days without infusion problems.In addition, the lack of infusion should have a stronger type of alarm than the others (independent) with this you do not find out.

Are you doing better with another bomb brand?

Thank you.

DiabetesForo
10/12/2012 6:34 p.m.

Let's see, I change everything, cateter and reservoir every 4 days if everything goes well, which is usually most of the time and I have no problems, crystallization or anything ... what I do is not fill the reservoir, I use 180 units, approximately 100 units charge which is what I usually need.
I've been using the Medtronic Pump since 2005, the first changed it to 5 years and never gave me infusion problems.Now I take it and I have jumped the alarm of no infusion ever and almost always because the catheter was bent when inserting it. What happens to me does not seem very normal ... have you changed the bomb?It seems more problem of your bomb than anything else .....

DiabetesForo
10/13/2012 7:07 a.m.

In 6 months I have had almost no problem.
1 problem already solved with the button that closes the battery and only 1 time has jumped the infusion problem alarm;It was when changing the whole system (I also changed all every 3-4 days), I had not closed the plastic tub cap that goes to the reservoir, I took it well I turned well and worked perfectly.

I think you should see yourself with the Medtronic Commercial of your area and examine everything, in person and from the beginning.
What you tell is not normal and possibly, as Prado says, whether the bomb is going wrong.

DiabetesForo
10/13/2012 7:23 a.m.

I have changed the bomb for the new model I see it but before you had problems with 722 and now too.
This morning I am topped I got up at 10 and morning with 225 I have 14 units with the pump, catheter change again and 4 with the pen and I still continue with 225h this is very rare.I raise the basal 50% even and blood glucose does not fall.
I have already tried 2 glucometers to see if it was the strip.The ketone at 0.3.

Pump change, that is, a pump brand change?

DiabetesForo
10/13/2012 7:23 a.m.

Water, I don't know if I'm going to help you.I use Roche's bomb and they happened to me "weird things" with her every time I changed Review and Canula.

I, change reservoir and catheter every week, which is what the insulin of the reservoir and the cannula lasts every 3/4 days.The problems arose with the changes of one and the other, that is to say that it was almost all week with problems.

I did not put the piston adjusted to the reservoir, I mean that if the pump marked 300 units and filled 250, for example, because not adjusting I spent one day I could put bowling and my blood glucose comes up ....: Oops: and with the changeFrom a cannula I did not make a barley of 1 unit, they taught me in Roche, in fact that I disconnect to shower, I must make a barley of a unit, today I have not done the barley and the glymia has uploaded me, that is,that the barley, instead of putting a bolus of 1 unit you have to do it always, at least I need it ...

Or I know if it has been understood, I have been only with the bomb for 2 months, I do not know if it is little or much, even with everything I do not change for anything in the world.;)

Those have been among others my adventures and misadventures with the bomb, bone basic failure, since profiles, adjustments of therapy etc, handling it well, I think:-/

romevila's profile photo
romevila
01/13/2013 5:13 p.m.

Bomba Accu Check Insight de Roche con Novorapid.
Usuaria de bomba desde 2011 ( lleve la Combo hasta el año pasado).

Thanks anyway.I have put the canula on my back.I think my belly does not absorb insulin properly.As for canulas, 2 days still work even in "virgin" areas of the back.As for the catheter, I continue with 17 mm but it is almost always bent in the first 1 or 2 mm of the tip so I imagine that it should be 15 instead of 17 mm or prick the Medtronic applicator more lifted so that it is more superficial.Anyway we are pulling ... although it is a stuck that last 2 days.

I still shuffle the idea of ​​making me a liposuction to see if the belly is regenerated, but nobody tells me anything about that subject.

DiabetesForo
01/14/2013 4:28 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.