Dexcom and water

Martina's profile photo   03/18/2012 1:53 p.m.

Good afternoon,

Those who carry dexcom bomb you shower, bath or you do with it?In his propaganda it seems that he can get wet.

Martina's profile photo
Martina
03/18/2012 1:53 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Yes, without any problem, the sensors are water resistant.

The receiver, of course, is not aquatic and you have to protect it from water.

JSS's profile photo
JSS
03/21/2012 12:23 p.m.

What do you mean to the pump or continuous glucose meter?

Epic2008's profile photo
Epic2008
03/23/2012 5:20 p.m.

The insulin pump dexcom, this is what interests me to know, can you bathe or put in the water with the Dexcom pump?

Martina's profile photo
Martina
03/25/2012 5:27 p.m.

Dexcom is not an insulin bomb, it is a continuous meter.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
03/25/2012 5:29 p.m.

What a mistake mine, I mean the animas pump, do you get into the water: bathroom, shower .. with the Animas pump?I think the one in the Spanish market is the 2020 Animas.

Martina's profile photo
Martina
03/26/2012 12:45 a.m.

I have the Dexcom for almost 2 years, I bathe and shower with it without problems, the only thing you cannot wet is the receiver! But the patch with the sender, without problem, as much you have to try to put some reinforcement type typeStar Tac or Fixomull to protect the patch and keep it stuck, also keep in mind that if you bathe in the pool, you will not receive the signal while submerged in the water, but otherwise without problems, so, to enjoy thewater!!

fer's profile photo
fer
06/04/2015 5:18 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

You encourage you if you can get wet in the pool, in the beach and in the shower, in the jacuzzi too, ha ha ha.I am looking forward to me that at the end of the month they put it on me, I am already with a doctor during this month controlling HC and others, I am looking forward to going the beach with my microinfusora and bathing with it, and when I finish theBathroom to put on a bolus, two or 10 and to the bar to take a reed and a lean lid, ha ha ha.Stop it or reduce the basal when I do sports, what savings will I have from glucose gels.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
06/04/2015 7:04 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Jconegar,

You will tell us how you are doing with the Vibe when they put it on you.I have been in a month and for the moment I am happy, I thought it would consist more to adjust but it has been everything quite easy.I keep carrying the Dexcom receiver almost always on top but the truth is that when I go to run a pot less is very good :-).I haven't tried to bathe her yet!

Inday's profile photo
Inday
06/10/2015 7:54 p.m.

Without problems in pool, jacuzzi, spa, ... yes, then well washed and dry so that it does not have much chlorine and deteriorates.
Confirm that, if you carry the sensor in the arm and the pump in the rear, when swimming does not lose the signal.
;)

miguelten's profile photo
miguelten
07/07/2015 6:13 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.