{'en': 'Wine and diabetes', 'es': 'Vino y diabetes'} Image

Wine and diabetes

geminis247's profile photo   03/21/2012 6:33 p.m.

How dulcillos?:)

My question is whether Argentina's wine goes up or down the blood sugar?

Since I have a Colombian friend who tells me that there the wines of them rises their glucose.

Anyone who has taken wine from Argentina and knows from experience?

Please, because I don't want to kill him when he comes to visit XD

Thank you!

geminis247's profile photo
geminis247
03/21/2012 6:33 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Well, the truth is that I don't know Argentina's wine but it has to be delicious.
I believe that the wine is wherever it is still fermented grape juice.
The fruit has enough sugar and also in a liquid state its absorption is very fast and the rise peak can be quite high.On the other hand it has the alcohol that can act as "hypo-glycemic".
I love the wine and to be able to take it I do the following.
Always accompanied with food and thus its absorption is slower and alcohol makes less effect.I usually don't take more than one glass.
I hope this gives you clues.
Hugs, Quim

Quim's profile photo
Quim
03/22/2012 8:12 a.m.

Antioxidants are beneficial to control cholesterol, in any case.
Wine (fruit, beer) contains polyphenols, which are antioxidants

This review:
dated 2011, concludes:

Intervention studies with different antioxidant combinations have not demonstrated a beneficial effect on cardiovascular and global morbidity and mortality in different populations, including patients with diabetes mellitus.Nor has these studies demonstrate a beneficial effect of these substances on diabetes prevention.Current scientific evidence supports that these substances can decrease lipid peroxidation, oxidation of LDL-Colesterol particles and improve endothelial function and vasodilation dependent on endothelium, without significantly improving the metabolic control of these patients

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
03/25/2012 4:36 a.m.

As far as I know, red wine is better than white (the white grapes contains more sugar).The grape that is why the fruits that have the most sugar, and also depends on the type of grape with which it is made.In moderation, no problem.

all the best.

DiabetesForo
09/15/2014 12:35 p.m.

In my opinion, I do not think there is great difference between the different types of wine, except for sure, the alcoholic graduation of each one.
A little vinito or two, eating, does not usually give problems and I consider that the glucose increases they produce are invaluable.Those of beer are higher.
But be careful, alcohol can produce strong hypoglycemia in insulin -dependent, especially if you eat little when ingested.They have given me decreases to 50 with two glasses of wine and a snack.
As you know, the glucose is produced by the liver.And the liver is metabolized, that is, alcohol is eliminated.Well, the liver does not do two things at the same time and when alcohol has been drunk, it gives preference to eliminating it, ceasing to produce glucose at that time.In a healthy person, the pancreas in that situation detects the decrease in glucose and lower the insulin level.But a diabetic has it injected and continues to make its effect, with the consequent risk of hypoglycemia.Once the liver has metabolized alcohol, he launches a glucose torrent and an important increase occurs.I have gone from those 50 to 200 in two hours.
This is the mechanism explained in a simple way.Therefore, if you have drunk, pay more attention to the declines than to the increases.

DiabetesForo
09/16/2014 4:18 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.