How you tell the paella hydrates

DiabetesForo's profile photo   03/27/2012 5:16 a.m.

Hello everyone, I have a 4 -year -old son since I had 1, and still today when we eat paella, it bothers me a lot because he loves him, but I have tried to count the rice as 15 gr/RACAs they told me in the hospital, to tell it as 33 gr/RAC that is supposed to be cooked and washed rice, and there is no way or it is short or I pass.

Normally it is with good or low figures until 2 hours or 3 after having eaten it and then it gives it an exaggerated rush, he carries the bomb and use the square bolus the same at 2 hours, 3 to 4.

How do you do it?

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
03/27/2012 5:16 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I don't know if I will be confused but I think 33gr of cooked rice is not the equivalence.I understood that the proportions of rice are 15g raw and when cooking it increases its weight by 3 = 45gr.
I really don't know how the pump theme works, I use a pen but when I make a palellita ..... weight raw rice and then cook it.When I have finished it with all his little things in the paella I imagine a cheese and I tell for rations what I would touch me, (I 5 rations and my wife 3 portions) Therefore I imagine an 8 -port cheese.It is difficult to explain it, I hope you get you to understand me.
I don't know if it will be the most correct but the important thing is that it works for me.
Hugs, Quim.

Quim's profile photo
Quim
03/27/2012 8:21 a.m.

I prefer dual bolus for the paella;The square is "small", it is as if I had less hypoglycemic power.
But well, each one is a world

Paella must be the most difficult food to succeed ... In the end it is a matter of experience.
What I usually do is put the rice on a flat plate first, cover the bottom without making mountains;) and then put all the vegetable or chicken you want.
Thus, more or less, I always wear the same amount, eat at home or outside ... I have it more measured.

For me, 35 g of paella are 1 ration of HC ... always calculate on already cooked foods.

DiabetesForo
03/27/2012 3:26 p.m.

hello!How can I calculate the portions.greetings

Victoriadonoso's profile photo
Victoriadonoso
06/29/2016 3:16 p.m.

I have a Bayer meter vessel, where the rice measure and already cooked pastes comes.Anyway, my daughter always puts one unit more because she raises more than another type of rice and when she has already started eating to avoid hiccups and because the rush also does it for two hours.

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
06/29/2016 3:28 p.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

After my debut (a year and a half now), 15 days ago I ate paella (ñam with what I liked) and I was right ... I still don't believe it.
I was in Denia and we asked for the typical paellera for 2. I served about 5 ladders (which are not like home, smaller) and put 4 of insulin, quadruple my dose and on the first day it does not pass from 150 and at twohours was below 120;The second I set 3 for the same of HC (the ABANDA rice had to be tested) and it did not reach 115;The slow one did very well, I did not even have to snack.
In fact I am hallucinating ... since then I never get out of 130 in any food, except 140 in breakfast, I think it is because of the heat because at the same time I have stopped exercising, so the sport sure is not.

The advice that the nurse gave me is to measure me at 3 hours of the fast effect in case I need to put a supplementary dose to lower the blood glucose.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
06/30/2016 4:13 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I love paella, but that is a whim of 1 time a week/two weeks, because whenever I get up.

Alvarozuma's profile photo
Alvarozuma
07/01/2016 12:16 p.m.

─ DM1 desde Enero 2015. 18 años.
─ Novorapid y Tresiba
─ HbA1c: 6,5% ✔
❝Es duro fracasar en algo, pero es mucho peor no haberlo intentado❞

@alvarozuma always happens to me, it still does not hit the formula for me to always work well.The last time I comment with the endo told me to try to eat the meat or seafood that he carries and then to eat the rice, I do not know if it will be ... but with what I like we will have to try, and if not for one daythat uploads something else I will not give more importance, it is corrected and ready haha;)

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
07/01/2016 1:26 p.m.

Conviviendo con la diabetes desde 1986
Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

The raw rice is 15 grams an HC and cooked unit are an HC unit.The more cooked more glycemic index, therefore, the more it will rise.

In the end with as much as it has a paella is to make a visual calculation that cannot always be hit, so it is time to see the levels then and be corrected

DiabetesForo
07/02/2016 7:06 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.