Orientation on antibodies.

DiabetesForo's profile photo   03/31/2012 3:17 a.m.

If some anti-ga, insulin and islet results come out, but the patient has all the very marked symptoms of diabetes and especially loss of weight that can be thought of that?He is a thin 25 -year -old, a athlete, but has all the fasts between 120 and 150.
He is being treated with 10 units of Lantus and little by little the fasting glycemia have decreased.
Normal glycosylated.
Normal ego.
BH and normal Qs.
Normal lipid and thyroid profiles.
Normal microalbuminuria.
But in the tolerance curve it rises to 250 at the time and fasting hyperglycemia.

Can it be that laboratory says one thing but the clinic that presents is another?
Will it be related to Diabetes Modly or Lada?
I will be very grateful if you can guide me on this subject.Thanks and good day.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
03/31/2012 3:17 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Welcome to the forum

you should ask the doctors who treat you.
Here we are a group of patients, who in no case, we will replace the work of a doctor who has all possible data on the patient and is the one who must issue the diagnosis.

I imagine that BH and QS will be the hemogram and the biochemistry:-/ And the ego I suppose you will refer to the chemical study of urine (which includes glucose) and from what you say it comes out negative, there are no proteins or urea for what kidneyIt seems good.

In case of Diabetes Modly, a genetic study is essential and there should be some history of diabetes (or at least altered basal glucose) in father or mother.
If the results of all these tests have already come out negative, the logical thing is that it is not diabetes mody ... unless the genetic study says otherwise.
The genetic study is to see the mutation of certain genes that have found keys to diagnose MODY diabetes.
The one who is treated with insulin and responds well to the treatment, perhaps it would be a clue to discard MODY diabetes.

LADA diabetes is usually diagnosed with patients over 35 years and high GAD antibodies ... so we discard it.

Hyperglycemia can be caused by other factors (drug taking) Other diseases (hyperthyroidism, cushing, more or less serious dysfunctions of the pancreas ...)

I insist, that it is the doctor who must value and diagnose ...

DiabetesForo
03/31/2012 3:54 a.m.

If the antibodies are negative, it does not look like a thing of the autoimmune diabetes (type 1, lada).
Type 2 diabetes is rare in someone young who is also thin and athlete but ... namely.

It could be Diabetes Modly but they could also be other things as Owash comments.

DiabetesForo
03/31/2012 5:52 a.m.

In the analytics they made to my daughter in the debut, all the antibodies gave negative and, nevertheless, it was very clear that it was type 1. of course that the glycemia of the income was 360.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/01/2012 4:17 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

In my case, very clear type 1 with negative antibodies.

DiabetesForo
04/01/2012 5:21 p.m.

If the possibility of error in one of the analyzes (antibodies) is admitted, the possibility of error in all analysis must be admitted.

Of everything that has said if we remove the glycemia PQ can also be wrong (put to suspect you can suspect everything) the possibility of diabetes remains in the air PQ:
1) glycosilada is normal (although this data can also be suspected).
2) The value of the glucose tolerance curve it has given is one hour after intake, it is not the value of the intake, which we also do not know that glucose load has been done sinceIt can be done with different loads (50, 75 or 100 g of glucose) and you can also suspect if the test is well done.

It can be diabetes, yes, but they can also be other things ... By being able it can be a thyroid problem, no matter how much thyroid values ​​(TSH) are normal (another data that can be questioned ...).

If the closure is opened to question some data of the analytics that possibility is opened for all the analytics.

Anyway, as the doubt is raised, the student's question sounds more than a real case.

DiabetesForo
04/01/2012 5:40 p.m.

How many types of antibodies attack the pancreas in type 1 diabetes?Can it be more apart from the anti-gad?

Martina's profile photo
Martina
04/01/2012 7:22 p.m.

Yes Martina, here I leave this link

DiabetesForo
04/02/2012 4:39 a.m.

Yes, it looks like an exam question: Mrgreen:

Let's see what note they will have put us ...:-/:-/:-/

DiabetesForo
04/02/2012 12:45 p.m.

Yes, it seems an exam question: Mrgreen:

Let's see what note they will have put us ...:-/:-/:-/

It is not an exam question, it is the situation that my older brother is going through and obviously I am worried, I have read so much about diabetes and of course I have doubts because I am not an expert in the subject.Of course, they are questions that we will ask the doctor but his appointment is the next week.I am sorry to bother.

DiabetesForo
04/02/2012 11:47 p.m.

Alexx does not upset, raises all the doubts you have, although who can best answer you is the endocrine ... because here we are people with diabetes that we write from our own experience.
What really bothers me is to be judged without knowing ..... :(

DiabetesForo
04/03/2012 4:31 a.m.

Alexx doesn't bother, ask what you want.

I miss me a little that in a first post of someone without saying a simple "hello" comment everything you say, that in everything you say there are enough data but some of them I directly do not know what they are (bh,QS and ego) and directly I do not come to comment, in my case I only enter to talk about the data that sound to me or are more familiar (glycemia, glycosilada, glucose tolerance curve, ...).
Hence, I have made that comment that it sounds more about a student than a student than real case, if it is a real case and has bothered that comment, I'm sorry.

Returning to the "case" ... to diagnose diabetes these things usually happen:

"]
Diagnosis

It is based on the unique or continuous measurement (up to 2 times) of the plasma glucose concentration.The World Health Organization (WHO) established the following criteria in 1999 to accurately establish the diagnosis:

• - Classic symptoms of the disease (polyuria, polydipsia, polyphagia and weight loss) plus a casual or random blood intake with greater than or equal figures of 200mg/dl (11.1 mmol/l) L)

- Plasma glucose measurement in fasting greater than or equal to 126mg/dl (7.0 mmol/l).Fasting is defined as not having ingested food in at least 8 hours.

- The oral glucose tolerance test (glucose tolerance curve).Plasma measurement is made two hours after 75g glucose intake in 375 ml of water;The test is positive with figures greater than or equal to 200 mg/dl (11.1 mmol/l).

Other things that do not go there ... You can have tiredness, you can have temporary vision problems (blurred vision, problems to focus, ...)

Some of the things you have commented that your brother is happening are on that list but for example when a glucose tolerance curve is made there are several data (which is the load of glucose used and several glycemia values ​​(at 30/60/90/120/... minutes)), with a loose fact on the curve you cannot say much, you have to see them all.

Seeing the age your brother (25 years old) is and assuming that it was type 1 diabetes, it would be that in addition to the typical symptoms commented before, ketone bodies appear, which appeared somewhere (blood or urine) would be very a very decisive fact, but of course ... if the treatment with insulin has already begun it will be difficult for ketone bodies to now.

DiabetesForo
04/03/2012 7:06 a.m.

Alexx, apologize if my comment has bothered you ... at all tried to mofize a situation.
I was funny to TNT's comment that your question seemed taken from an exam, but nothing more, my comment does not go further.

I have insisted on the doctor, because as a moderator I think I must make clear this aspect before recently landed in the forum and for any other person who reads us (which is much) occasionally or frequently.

It is obvious that you do not bother, questions about a subject and we have answered you trying to clarify some aspects but from a distance, without knowing all the data and without being professionals of medicine it is difficult to go much further.

Tell us how the situation and the definitive diagnosis end ... I hope that in the end it is nothing.

DiabetesForo
04/03/2012 1:07 p.m.

Alexx, you will tell us what is the final diagnosis, I hope it is nothing.

Prado thanks for the information.

Martina's profile photo
Martina
04/04/2012 4:43 p.m.

Hello again ... I tell you something
At last the appointment arrived and they have given a definitive diagnosis: it is type 1 diabetes
There was doubt that the antibodies came out negative but the doctor explained something, that there are type 1a diabetes with positive antibodies and type 1b diabetes with negative antibodies and is the case of my brother.Already after a series of exams, monitoring for several days and the very clear symptoms came to that conclusion because the last days its glucose was above 160 in fasting.Today the Lantus has uploaded to 12 units and will continue to use it in the morning and also a quick before meals.

I thank all those who took the trouble to give their opinions and contribute some of their knowledge on the subject.
Nor had I had the opportunity to introduce myself, when I found this forum I did not understand that I was trying and it was easy for me to expose the case of my brother and fortunately I received many answers but I never thought they were such a united community.Anyway, I am Alejandro, I live in Guadalajara Jalisco, Mexico, I am 20 years old and I am the youngest of 3 brothers.I hope to return and share how little I have learned with this new experience in the family.

DiabetesForo
04/21/2012 12:05 a.m.

Well, at least there is already a clear and reasoned diagnosis.
So now it's time to work and control diabetes.

DiabetesForo
04/21/2012 2:08 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.