My name is the private doctor

aurora2's profile photo   04/09/2012 4:41 p.m.

Well, that, which is called the doctor, who already warned me that I would do it to see how I was leaving;He does it with all the patients, and I tell him that fatal that I without fast, I cannot be, that they gave me many climbs, in short that he answers me Lantus and that I forget the fast.

I insist that that cannot be and tells me that yes, that it is so, that with the well -controlled lantus you don't need anything else, can you believe it?

That a head feeder, I, for myself, realized that as he says, I was not going well.Because I don't understand it ...

aurora2's profile photo
aurora2
04/09/2012 4:41 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

... Do not return to that doctor: shock:

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
04/09/2012 5:04 p.m.

hahahaha the truth that with the lantus you can have some good levels at 3 hours of eating but that implies that you eat and spend those 3 hours the levels can be high, apart would you would use a muuucha lantus and when the body needs more? xq eachonce one needs more, the good thing is to use the fast at meals and that it goes down quickly (not suddenly) the sugar and the lantus would keep the levels when you do not eat and thus you would have good levels throughout the day :) (sometimes prefer notUse the patient quickly if they believe that it is not suitable or that they could not learn to use the rapid insulin well)

geminis247's profile photo
geminis247
04/10/2012 11:25 a.m.

Lantus is a basal insulin, it serves to maintain glucose levels during the day but does not cover the meals, so you have to ultra -graph every time we eat.All patients with type 1 diabetes who use Lantus or Levemir need a ultra -grape, it is not that they are suitable, it is essential.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
04/10/2012 11:35 a.m.

Geminis, what you commit is totally incorrect.I do not usually address the forum users, but if someone believes that they can live only with lantus (patient type 1) poor of their kidneys and eyes (and all the body in general).He made it clear if someone is not very clear about this issue.
And Aurora goes from that doctor, and if you can put a complaint ...

tica's profile photo
tica
04/10/2012 11:55 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

Yes, if I plan to make echo fast I already put it on, and the doctor who was quoted on Friday by tlf, but not only the annul
I said (but with clear education) that it doesn't work for me and as I insisted that I climb Lantus 2 units
I told him that I could not pay 80 euros every time I needed more or less insulin than that more or less calculate it
So nothing more, for my part another disagreement but hey ... I thought that like that and "with less punctures"
Now with the fast and Lantus, I don't do very badly that we say because with Lantus if I get it, now it's the recipe
With the endocrine and this, I do not want to write much to not get bored but I have a list of pending things to consult the endocrine
Hahahaha, with continuous meter, bomb, the strips, we are, that I do not know the consultation until I clarify many things, in short ... Thank you for your answer
bye

aurora2's profile photo
aurora2
04/10/2012 12:49 p.m.

Geminis, what you commit is totally incorrect.I do not usually address the forum users, but if someone believes that they can live only with lantus (patient type 1) poor of their kidneys and eyes (and all the body in general).He made it clear if someone is not very clear about this issue.
And Aurora goes from that doctor, and if you can put a complaint ...

Tica, with your permission, I send you an MP to avoid liating Aurora anymore ..

olmo's profile photo
olmo
04/10/2012 3:53 p.m.

I have already launched the private;)

What Olmo told me that if you are on the honeymoon (for some patients a few MESE, for others they can be some year) it can be to dispense that some dose of insulin.The moment there are no reservations, a slow insulin to cover the basal and a quick insulin for each of the food (with the pump is the same, but only using ultrarapida)

But with a hemo of 9 and peak, Aurora is not on the honeymoon and the doctor should know: shock :: shock:

tica's profile photo
tica
04/10/2012 4:21 p.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

No, I'm not on a honeymoon because I've been with diabetes for almost 10 years, and just tell you that with Lantus and Rapida
I am quite better, go down 2 units of Lantus so I don't wake up so low thanks to you and also
I left that doctor who advised me so badly, now it's just, day by day and I hope little by little
I may have normal life, if I have no problem for now ... I will enter soon to tell you
What the endocrine told me, okay?Thank you all for everything.

aurora2's profile photo
aurora2
04/11/2012 8:30 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.