One more novatilla for the group :-)

Nisa's profile photo   04/15/2012 6:15 p.m.

Peptide C:

Basically, insulin and peptide C are produced 1 to 1, that is, for each insulin unit 1 peptide unit C.
Thus you can measure your own, endogenous amount of insulin, produced by the body.

Normally, the result is less than 1 if you have type 1 diabetes.
Although laboratory results are always individual and reference values ​​may change.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
04/20/2012 2:23 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Thanks Owash !!

Nisa's profile photo
Nisa
04/21/2012 8:10 a.m.

Here there are no gifted or people out of the ordinary, we have started as you, with the months you are handling it and over the years because everything is going, you stop weighing the food for an eye you already know how much are 100gr of pasta,40 bread, etc.It's all simpler.

It costs us all, but we all learn, some carry it better than others, but we are in the end that looks 3 times a day (and rectified), what needs and eats is click, it ends up carrying an acceptable hemoglobin.

aranzazuleg's profile photo
aranzazuleg
07/28/2015 11:38 a.m.

@owash, you have read my mind.@nisa we could say that my case is very similar to yours, I also debuted in 2011 or semi -numb with a glucose curve that K.O.And I have no positive antibodies so for my diagnosis we made two peptides C. The first 1.5 or 1.8 I no longer remember well and it is seen coming because when the concern begins with 2, the concern begins ... and at 2 I did another one, I did another one,0.78 (which downturn me) was so silly that I had a stupid hope, I was taking care of me to the extreme and nothing ... DM1 diagnosed but still 4 years later I continue with 8 points of Lantus and not quickly use, except in special moments.Simply taking it so in time gives us a little advantage to adapt to the new circumstances, but one thing is clear we must accept them.It is rare that you get so slow and so fast .. the truth.But I would not always eat the same thing, you would go crazy.You must experience and if you get so much between meals, try very slow hydrates that combined with a little fat extends that curve.For example, if I accompany the protein with integral paste and some stir -fry or yogurt with dessert nuts, it endures all afternoon, not high above 140 but I do not lower me like other days that I must snort.
Finally tell you that I wear the lantus at 2 in the afternoon and I am going wonderinfusion and be wonderful all morning.Greetings, welcome and thinks that here everyone as the same, some take longer and others start.

pochola's profile photo
pochola
07/28/2015 7:13 p.m.

DM1 desde 2011 8 puntos Lantus. Todo esfuerzo traerá su recompensa ♥ Hemo 5.7

My case is similar to yours, my peptide C fell into minced ,,, the increase in glycemia is sudden?Do you get up one day with glycemia through the clouds or is it gradual and is increasing little by little?In your case, how was that giving ??

I am in a postpartum, so everything is still unleashed, but the truth is that I have a PEPC less than 1 but the glycemia are normal/low (silly pancreas that is squandering insulin, as if we were left over !! =) byWhat I still can't start with insulin and I am waiting for laboratory results that also included a glucose curve, to forecast how this will evolve ...

I think that when I have the dreaded "hypos" I will at least know what it is since I have measured 48 and without using insulin still !! ,, Puffffff what awaits me!

Anitaz's profile photo
Anitaz
07/28/2015 7:34 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.