Two more months, barracks

copiloto's profile photo   04/16/2012 2:52 p.m.

On Friday I went to the endocrine, after giving my glucose levels and seeing that I was quite controlled, except for a measurement after dinner that I said 200, but not reliable in case I had contaminated hands because I had been cooking and despite having washed my handsThey smelled of ham, he told me that I still did not prescribe insulin, that I continued with the diet that I was doing well (I had to buy some straps to hold my pants or they were going to denounce me for public esandal), which did not prescribe mepills because for the type of dibes that I have (lada) it was not pharmatologically demonstrated that they gave any result, and with respect to the insulin that having low glucose levels, which was not proven first to benefit me, since theBeing immune did not give me as they say rest to the pancreas, since the body would attack the Beta cells the same and also run the risk of hypoglycemia.
He also told me to continue with the diet avoiding the fats since he had the ferritin a little high (490), thus we cleaned the liver and discarded other types of problems or looking at if there is any relationship between diabetes and high ferritin.

copiloto's profile photo
copiloto
04/16/2012 2:52 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I don't understand anything about what the doctor has told you.

What diet are you carrying?If your levels are low, you would not have to lose weight, unless your diet is strict.

Health

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
04/21/2012 7:27 p.m.

If glycosylated hemoglobin is good and glycemia also there is no reason to give you anything, no pills (of doubtful efficiency in lada), much less insulin.

I had read something about hepatitis C and diabetes ... but not about ferritinin:-/

The low fat diet, I imagine that it has to do with maintaining acceptable weight ... but the liver:-/, unless you have a fatty liver

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
04/22/2012 3:36 a.m.

Indeed, I have the liver a fatty fuck, but for 14 years, so I have always been careful with fats and alcohol, I did regularly and transaminases always gave Buien, so doctors did not give it much importance,Even 3 years ago they made me a CT and everything was correct.

But as the diabetes diagnose, the alarms jumped in my family since my father died (young 61) heard 4 years of pancreatic cancer "I know they have nothing to do", but convinces my mother and my wife, and despiteThat all the doctors have told him, they forced me to go to an internist who explained that in principle I was not important but that given my family history, a specific study had to be done to rule out hemochromatosis made that if I could affect me the pancreas,And for the moment the tests have given that I am healthy.
The low fat diet is to see if the ferritin lowers me because otherwise they would have to do some genetic markers analysis to rule out some metabolic disorder (fuck, what happens to go to the doctor)
Regarding the weight I have already stabilized

copiloto's profile photo
copiloto
04/24/2012 7:59 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.