{'en': 'Lantus, how to know if it is working?', 'es': 'Lantus, ¿cómo saber si está funcionando?'} Image

Lantus, how to know if it is working?

carmen ferradas's profile photo   04/19/2012 12:50 p.m.

Hello, I'm new in this forum,

I am asking you a question, when the Lantus is injected in the morning, to know if it is working, do we have to see the morning glycemia? ...

I ask them why I have changed the Lantus now before breakfast, before he put it on the night.

Thank you!

carmen ferradas's profile photo
carmen ferradas
04/19/2012 12:50 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Thusssss is not exactly.

The Lantus lasts approximately 22 or 24 hours.
It serves to maintain the levels of glycemia at bay among meals, that is, to have the minimum insulin in the body to be able to function throughout the day.
To see if the lantus works, you have to compare blood glucose 3 hours after breakfast with glycemia before food;Glycemia 3 hours after food with glycemia before dinner and blood glucose 3 hours after dinner with glycemia before breakfast.

The normal thing is that glycemia, in those sections, maintains or falls a bit, if it goes up a lot is that lantus is missing ...

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
04/19/2012 2:05 p.m.

Thanks Owash

carmen ferradas
04/19/2012 3:55 p.m.

What I have responded is usually what we do with type 1 diabetes and Bolus-base insulin guideline, that is, lantus+ultrarapid insulin in meals.

In type 2, it can also be worth but there are usually not many changes.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
04/19/2012 4:09 p.m.

Carmen, the Lantus, as Owash tells you, acts between meals, but it is easy to see that the dose is fine looking at the values ​​when you go to bed and get up.If you wake up with good values ​​and it has not dropped much at night, it is well regulated, then you already play with the rapid and the portions, but there are no strict food schedules.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/19/2012 5:38 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Thanks Regina, and Owash, my son is diabetic only has five years and 1 with type 1 diabetes, until today he found this forum, the diabetes is finishing with me, the endo says that the lantus is badly regulated, and the rapid (Humalog) betweenAll meals is as in 8 units and Lantus was in 1 units ... his last hemo 8.5

carmen ferradas
04/19/2012 7:30 p.m.

A Lantus unit is nothing.How much do you put now?Try to sleep with 150 figures and look to see how he wakes up.If when you wake up it is about 100, surely you already have the dose of adjusted Lantus.
You already tell us how it goes.:)

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/19/2012 7:50 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

Well now I go for two of Lantus 7am, today Amanecio Alta in 210mg/dl

carmen ferradas
04/19/2012 8 p.m.

At dinner it is in normal values ​​for your age, dinner at 5; 30pm and before bed 8:30 pm I give you a small 12 -grades of carbs, now, I always look at 10; 30 and it has two days thatThis high for example last night was at 292 mg/dl, without correction at 7 am was at 219 mg/dl that is today, when the lantus put at night always dawn with hypoglycemia and that was between 1 and 1.5 of Lantus...

carmen ferradas
04/20/2012 3:18 p.m.

Or do not disregard him, simply.Try not to go to bed with less than 150.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/20/2012 3:40 p.m.

Notice what schedule that child has.Dinner at 5:30 p.m.and lies at 8:30 p.m.So he is equivalent to the one my daughter, who dinner at 10pm.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/20/2012 3:48 p.m.

I have registered in this forum to seek help to learn to deal with Mrs. Diabetes, with advice from other people who have lived more with the disease and parents of children with D1, to Regina thanks for their advice .....

carmen ferradas
04/20/2012 10:06 p.m.

Hello good morning!I take this thread to ask my question and not open anymore.My treatment is Lantus 19 IU at 9:00 and novorapid according to rations, but more or less in 7 in CO 7 and CE 4-5.My query is because I am fine during the day, it remains, it goes down a little between hours but something normal.The problem is at night, I am going to sleep with 140 or 115 like last night, and at about 3 in the morning, I start up and get up very high, around 250. If I go up to hours between hours during the day I have toEating so that it does not go down, but at night it remains the same, it uploads more lantus or not.Then I don't know what to do.I have Dexcom, that's why I realize the changes and hours.
Thanks in advance.
All the best.

Sonii's profile photo
Sonii
08/08/2018 12:05 p.m.

Hi @Sonii.When I used Lantus, the same thing I don't know if I did not get the two things for the phenomenon of Alba.My endocrine divided it in 2 times.I got most of me in the morning and a few pir units at night to cover those hours.

erpla's profile photo
erpla
08/08/2018 5:51 p.m.

DMT1 desde 1994, Bomba de insulina desde 2016, Freestyle+Miaomiao+Xdrip, última Hemo 5.8%

Yes, increasing dose, do not solve it, you will have to divide it and wear something at night, as @erpla says.
You can try Toujeo, which is longer.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/08/2018 6:22 p.m.

Thanks @"erpla" and @"Regina" I will consult it with the endocrine, I have it in October, to see if I can solve it before.
All the best.

Sonii's profile photo
Sonii
08/08/2018 11:30 p.m.

You can continue to climb Lantus and lower the rapids.
You can try to put the Lantus at night ..
You can divide it into two doses
And it will be best to go to Toujeo, when you return to the endocrine.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
08/09/2018 1:14 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.