Midriatic or non -midriatic retinography

DiabetesForo's profile photo   04/23/2012 2:26 p.m.

My head doctor sent me a "non -midriatic", when I arrived at the oculista, he was unnerving to see the steering wheel, because he said what that was? ... that what had to be done was a "midriatic" and not the other the other,,, and proceeded to do what he thought had to do.Months later, when they arrived at the endocrine, he missed a lot that they would have made me a "midriatic", according to him they should have made a "non -midriatic."

I hope you have not lost, I do: shock :.They are 2 against 1, but what we are? What should they have done?, And then repeat annually, of course.

Greetings and thanks.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
04/23/2012 2:26 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Basically, mydriasis means having dilated, large pupils.

Your GP asked you a photograph of the background without delaying the pupil using a non -midriatic camera.
The ophthalmologist prefers to delay the pupil and use another midriatic chamber because details are seen much more clearly.
The endocrine prefers the non -midriatic chamber because it follows the latest recommendations of scientific societies.

The non -midriatic chamber can be used almost anyone ... In fact, nurses usually handle them ... very cool orange photos come out where at first glance you see whether or not there is any problem.

The ophthalmologist got angry because they get into their professional criteria and because normally those non -midriatic cameras do not use them.

In my opinion, depending on the time of evolution and the presence or not of other complications one type or another can be used.

DiabetesForo
04/23/2012 2:44 p.m.

Thanks for the translation/explanation Owash.It helps me a lot.;)

greetings.

DiabetesForo
04/23/2012 4:52 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.