{'en': 'Dispossed Novorapid?Because?', 'es': '¿Novorapid estropeado? ¿Porqué?'} Image

Dispossed Novorapid?Because?

aaandres's profile photo   05/03/2012 7:27 a.m.

Hello everyone, again.

We have spent this May bridge with problems for high figures, up to 240.
At first we attributed it to the holidays and be eating and having dinner daily, so we have been raising the dose of novorapid little by little, without success.
But the day before yesterday, after a well -measured dinner of hydrates (5 rations), at 3 hours 230. We click another 3 dose of novorapid and at 3 hours 240 (and three other doses of novorapid).And in the morning, 5 hours later, about 160.

So last night we changed the novorapid pen (the previous one was in half and would have about 20 days) and everything has returned to normal immediately, even lowering the dose.

Questions:
- Is it normal for the novorapid to be awarded?Has it happened to you?We do not remember to have exposed the sun, a radiator, or ...
- Can it be detected in some way?The content was totally transparent, nothing weird looked.
- Is it simply another topic to look at if there were no enough?
- When do you pull your feathers?A month after starting them if they have not ended?

Thanks for your answers.
Andrés (father).

aaandres's profile photo
aaandres
05/03/2012 7:27 a.m.

Padre de Andrés, 17 años. Debut: septiembre de 2011.
Levemir (30ud. mañana y 24ud. noche) y Novorapid (en desayuno, comida, merienda y cena 40ud aprox - 24HC/día).
Medidor continuo DEXCOM G4 desde julio 2014
Hemo: 6.2 (Sept. 2013), 7.0 (Dic. 2013), 6.9 (Marzo 2014), 6,6 (Junio 2014), 6,7 (Sept. 2014), 7,0 (Dic. 2014), 7,7 (Mar 2015), 6,9 (Jul. 2015), 7,0 (Sept 2015), 7,4 (Dic 2015), 6,8 (Mar 2016), 6,6 (Julio 2016), 6,8 (Octubre2016)... 7,0 (Mar 2018)

It also has me, when you leave it at room temperature and approach the month.Way to detect it I have not discovered any because insulin is transparent the same and no alteration is appreciated, the only thing you click or put on the bolus and sugar does not make a matter.
What I do now is to leave it whenever I can in the refrigerator even if it is using the cartridge or has recharged with it recently.If I'm going to click my limestone directly with my hands, rubbing it as if you had cold and now.Since I leave it in the fridge, it has not happened to me again ... but I don't know, to see if anyone knows any way to see if it is in poor condition.
All the best.
PD: I now use Apidra and the same thing happens, before I used the novorapid and the same is that is why I always leave the insulin that will spend time before spending it in the fridge

MeI's profile photo
MeI
05/03/2012 11:23 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

It could also be the injection zone ... if you repeated injection zone at the end it "saturated" and does not absorb insulin.

I believe that almost everyone has ever happened to us, we put ourselves insulin and it seems to us water ... almost nothing does.

There have also been cases of spoiling the pen or the inner piston is broken.

As for conservation there are mandatory rules:
- Keep the pen without the needle (because otherwise enters air)
- Cover it with the cap because it is sensitive to light
- Do not change temperature sharply, nor that it rises from 30º or that lows from 5th
- Do not use after 30 days of your first use

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
05/03/2012 2:42 p.m.

Something similar happened to me, but it was a long time ago, and he fuck the new pen of the refrigerator and put the needle and me
I put it, for me as always only that you climb all day that was not uncommon in me, but they were more than the account
And it was all because before I did not try it, that is, I did not load it and I would be in case it came out, because to me up to ten units
And nothing .. with that you have to have care

aurora2's profile photo
aurora2
05/03/2012 4:43 p.m.

Once I spoiled a pen, the reason ... PUF no idea and look that I spin to the subject that if you could see that something strange had.His smell was stronger than normal and also had white floods that clouding insulin.The color itself of insulin was like transparent rose.
Hugs, Quim

Quim's profile photo
Quim
05/04/2012 5:42 a.m.

It is not that it is frequent, but it happens.In fact, when you run and do not go down, one of the suspicions is that the pen can be wrong ... do not give him many laps, just take it into account if it happens to you again.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
05/04/2012 6:02 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Hello, I believe that the novorapid is very sensitive with the temperature, these days of more heat and that I have taken it in a bag where I also carry juice, water, cookies, glucosport, etc.I have observed yesterday and today that as if I did not act to my son.If they were about 20 units and I have thrown them.

juanqui2791's profile photo
juanqui2791
05/07/2012 5:22 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.