{'en': 'Lantus duration', 'es': 'Duración de la lantus'} Image

Lantus duration

Pepesan's profile photo   05/08/2012 5:46 p.m.

A question to see what you think.

I put 9 from Lantus at night, and in the morning at breakfast time (7.00) all good, as well as at eating.But I have been at 200 or the best not so much for some days.

I usually wear the lantus at 23.00, although there have been some days that I have put something before, at 22.00 ...
I look at the postpandarial and the rapid seems to perfectly fulfill its function.

I think this has gone through having dinner something later and coinciding with the fact that those previous days I put it before, so that the effect had happened.

I don't know.File x?, Normal?Has anyone happened to someone?Maybe I have not measured the rapid of the food?

Pepesan's profile photo
Pepesan
05/08/2012 5:46 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi Pepesan!
I also have some problem to adjust the lantus (another thread) but to see if I can help you.If you get up, it is that the dose is adequate but if you go up and get up to dinner, knowing that you wear the lantus at 22-23h, sure it is because it does not last 24 hours.Now you will have to look for a better schedule in which it covers you more, that is my battle horse: ((((

Greetings: D: D: D

ALG's profile photo
ALG
05/08/2012 7:36 p.m.

DM1 desde 1992
Tresiba y novorapid

Hello alg,

Thanks for the answer.
The fact is that I am still in the first months of injecting insulin, so it is likely that I need some more unit of Lantus, since I am recovering part of the weight I lost.I am noticing more weight that I need some more unit.In fact there is some morning in which I am going up ... of being at 90 or 100 step to be in 130-140.It is likely that I need 10 instead of 9. I will try 10 and not eat as many extras as lately, hehe ... in principle I lost 20 kilos and now I have recovered 5 and I am already in a more or less normal weight.So it can be that, that when I recover weight my body asks me a little more of slow insulin during the day and that is why I do not get to the night in conditions.
Thanks again and much encouragement !!!: D

Pepesan's profile photo
Pepesan
05/09/2012 2:39 a.m.

Hi Pepesan, I suppose that pancréatic reserves are exhausted and you will need a little more insulin, 1 unit increases the lantus, as you say and wait 2-3 days to see how it has gone ..
Courage, you'll see how you recover the kilos you have lost ... My husband had a fatal with weight, it was almost an obsession.And over time it has recovered its normal weight and is requested: D
Greetings.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
05/09/2012 5:26 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Thank you very much Velia.I guess that will be ... nothing, patience and to live life !!!

Pepesan's profile photo
Pepesan
05/09/2012 9:17 a.m.

Well, oh, surprise ... it turns out that the slow one goes great and is a thing of the fast, that it had an unjustified tad ... but come on, a couple more units and keep throwing.Thanks for your advice and much encouragement !!!

Pepesan's profile photo
Pepesan
05/09/2012 5:30 p.m.

Well, nothing, I still have peaks before dinner despite climbing the slow ... although not every day.
I blame it for the following.
1.- I don't need slower, because putting it at night at 11:00 p.m.In the morning I wake up perfect.
If I get slower, I just get hiccups in the morning, but don't "extend" the effect.
2.- Possible solution: put the slow later.
3.- Another solution.I have noticed that those days that it gives me to eat products such as fresh cheese to spread or chocolate or cream ice cream without sugar, although the rapid makes me its effect perfectly, then at night I am in 150, to give an example.Can it be that the fat that these products have causes their energizing effect to last once the effect of the rapid is over?If so, the solution is not to take them, or at least not at noon, since in the afternoon the slow one is gradually losing its effect ...
Well, these are my conclusions.Although I am completely wrong :)) :)) :))

Pepesan's profile photo
Pepesan
06/01/2012 4:43 a.m.

Hi Pepesan..Mira If you are recent in this, it is normal for you to have high and low peaks, that's because the pancreas works a Pokito Todabia, and because your age but if you are young ... less than 22 the body is unstable Todbia... Did you already try in the morning to put one more unit?Or you look at it at 8 instead of 7? And as for the cheeses ..... things with fat makes the sugar late to go down but I do not think that is due, if so when you eat cheeseYou put a fast unit more ... but I don't think that's what really, if you can exercise, you will see how you click a young woman less ... well pepesan luck!

geminis247's profile photo
geminis247
06/01/2012 7:30 a.m.

Thanks Geminis !!
Yes, little by little.I also exercise and I move and so on ... but come on, I know this is to make patience and learn :)
Thank you very much for your advice!

Pepesan's profile photo
Pepesan
06/01/2012 9:12 a.m.

Hello boy, I will tell you about my experience in the matter, that the fats of cheeses, chocolates, sweets without sugar, etc.They rise somewhat in the long term, after the rapid insulin to stop effect, and perhaps that is why at night you have high glycemia in addition to the insulin Lantus is practically exhausted.
My problem was when I got up in the morning and the blood glucose was above 160-200 and more, I was checking the fats I ate at night and they were indeed these, which at two hours of eating the blood glucose was fine but when whenI got up in the morning this was high.Conclusion that I took;At night no fat to eat, and it has turned out.

Ariglo's profile photo
Ariglo
06/11/2012 12:24 p.m.

I think it's how your good you say, because since I am careful with that type of food, all perfect march.There are some who upload me more than others in the long term, but among them is chocolate.Thanks for sharing your experience !!It has helped me a lot.:)

Pepesan's profile photo
Pepesan
06/13/2012 7:30 a.m.

Fats lengthen, you also notice if you eat pasta or rice, when the effect of rapid is passed to me there is no way to lower it.With rice or cheese cake in addition to the fast I put 2 or 3 more of Lantus.By the way I put it at noon

pochola's profile photo
pochola
10/25/2016 6:17 p.m.

DM1 desde 2011 8 puntos Lantus. Todo esfuerzo traerá su recompensa ♥ Hemo 5.7

Hello everyone,

As they tell you here, fats slow down the performance of food hydrates and then glycemia rises "deferred."

From my experience, I will tell you that the effects of the Lantus are losing the last 2h.Therefore, if you put the lantus at 11pm its "real" effects will end at 9pm the next day.What my endocrine did to compensate for it was to upload 2 units the fast dose of dinner.You can tell your endocrine if this solution for you seems appropriate.

Luck!

Aspirante's profile photo
Aspirante
10/26/2016 11:34 p.m.

Debut: julio 2012 con 34 años. DM1. Novorapid: 6-8-10. Lantus: 11. Última HbA1c: 7,3 (febrero 2024).
Recordatorios de insulina SNACK & NOW.

You can also put it in the morning and upload one or two units.
Try the new toujeo insulin, which lasts longer.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
10/27/2016 1:12 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.