Doubts of peptide C

DiabetesForo's profile photo   05/09/2012 12:27 a.m.

Hello, I'm new to find this forum and I loved it!.. I hope to learn and share my experiences.Like most of the members here because I have diabetes, diagnosed a couple of months ago to my 22 years and with a series of exams it turned out to be type 1b because my antibodies came out negative.
I am insulin from the beginning in addition to my food and exercise.

It turns out that in the next days they would take an exam of the c peptidewill not give an altered result?Or for example, in prolonged fasting or in hypoglycemia, does the "disguise" result not out?
I would thank you very much if they explain to me about the c peptide, how it is, if it takes a long time and others that could share me.
Thank you very much and have a nice day.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
05/09/2012 12:27 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Yes, you must go fasting.
The C peptide is not altered because you get an external insulin.

The C peptide is segregated in proportion 1 to 1 with the insulin generated by the body, that is, for each "unit" of insulin produced by the body, the same amount of peptide C.

So with that test, what is sought is not to see the amount of insulin that you have but the amount of insulin you produce.

In fact, insulin is a substance that gives positive as doping in professional sport (it is usually widely used by bodybuilders).
To detect it, the C peptide is measured and compared to insulin.

DiabetesForo
05/09/2012 4:32 p.m.

Does it positive?To me the "criminal" told me that he was undetectable, ideal for the "perfect murder."
A jewel that man.

DiabetesForo
05/11/2012 11:50 a.m.

Sympathy, exogenous insulin positively in high competition sport

The problem is that insulin is metabolized very fast ... hard in the body about 5 minutes, so that is the problem of its detection.
But now there are laboratory techniques with spectometries and other rare words: Mrgreen: that measure insulin through the urine study.

DiabetesForo
05/11/2012 12:55 p.m.

Hello again, I have a doubt and that they already gave me my assembly result and says that the normal is from 0 to 3 and mine came out in 4. What is that due?Isn't it supposed to leave lower?

DiabetesForo
05/20/2012 5:21 p.m.

It is supposed, yes ...
But from 0 to 3 it is not a normal result, it would be low ... although each laboratory has its reference values.

DiabetesForo
05/21/2012 1:08 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.