NCGM Network Continuous Glucose Monitor

Juan Luis's profile photo   05/15/2012 5:30 a.m.

No, that this pot I think it does not exist, and if I do not know him.But reading some ancient issues, it has occurred to me to put it, in case an engineer occurs to design and develop it.

The idea is very simple.It would be a mobile application with Android (or iPhone) that would communicate via Bluetooth with the pump.In this way I would read in real time the data of the continuous meter and, via network (internet), they would be sent to another mobile that could be anywhere in the world that had coverage.

So far I think he is sucked.Today's mobiles are able to communicate via Bluetooth with any device and read their data and, of course, to communicate with other mobiles via network.On the other hand, insulin pumps already communicate with the meter (minilink) and are also able to send the data via Bluetooth (I do not know if they would be able to do it in real time, although I think there are already external monitors, so I suppose that I suppose thatYeah).

Ok, now the part a little more complex would come, which would be that this second mobile took control over the pump.I believe that if they would be capable, but ... surely there are "buts" ... let's leave it there.Let's leave the "Peros" and their solutions to engineers.

I already suppose that, above all the mothers and fathers of diabetic children, you are seeing the advantages: the power more or less control the glycemia while the child is in school, party, excursion, in the patio bothering the neighbors,Or even at the home of the neighbors playing the plei ... that yes, there are things that I could not do, like the children drink a juice because it is going down, to stop jumping, or whatever it is doing, whatThe glycemia are falling in Picao, to stop eating sweets that will give you a climb, and above all left by the neighbor's plei that will sneak it ... but time to time, that today the sciences advance ...

Juan Luis's profile photo
Juan Luis
05/15/2012 5:30 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

4 years ago I sent Roche an email to talk about that issue.I'm still waiting.It was my idea of ​​the end of the career, with the support of several professors from Zaragoza, but there everything remained.Now I am trying to do something with the continuous meter, something that would suggest basal modification, but I have to do everything through CVC files that to get them I have to download them to the computer (nothing really useful) I understand that fear that one "Machine "control the pump (artificial pancreas) but I think it could be innovating in something intermediate, the decision is the patient, but something could be done to help decisions (especially on basal issues, which for me is what it ismore complicated to adjust)

The second mobile seems to me that it will never be an option, see the glycemia and that perfect, but handle the pump ... pfff often security problem.Roche's bomb had a "small problem" the device was visible from other devices, although they could not interact with it.Well, all the bombs were withdrawn and until they solved this problem they did not go on the market

tica's profile photo
tica
05/15/2012 5:43 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.