how to carry insulin

carmen ferradas's profile photo   05/19/2012 9:54 p.m.

Hello guys, when do they go as insulin?I am going to tell you the humalog I have it at room temperature, of course I am using, which they say it has 28 days, my question is this, if I have it at room temperature and when I am going to go out and I put it inA cold portfolio or one of those neveritas and then that I get home I put it again at room temperature, it will not spoil with that change? ..

carmen ferradas's profile photo
carmen ferradas
05/19/2012 9:54 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

The cold portfolio is used only in case of extreme temperatures ... precisely to avoid those temperature changes.
It is normal to have it at room temperature, if at home more than 30 degrees ago yes ... it should be preserved well ... but there are no excessive changes, it is not passed from 25 to 5 degrees.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
05/20/2012 3:27 a.m.

Thank you Owash, but I don't spoil if when I go out in the cold wallet and then when I get home, leave it again at room temperature?

carmen ferradas
05/20/2012 9:45 a.m.

I have 2 wallets of those and from what I understand the portfolio does not cool but it does not allow its content to reach high temperatures.That means that it was or inside the waline the insulin will last the same, one month that, what is inside the wallet in that month will not spoil through the heat.

I use it as 4 months per year from June to September and the insulin that I use at that time always inside the portfolio.As every pen I finish it before the month or worry that it passes its time.

I hope I clarified Halo.

Hugs, Quim

Quim's profile photo
Quim
05/21/2012 12:56 p.m.

Thanks Quim !!!

carmen ferradas
05/21/2012 8:08 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.