When and with how much to be corrected

tica's profile photo   05/22/2012 6:34 a.m.

Hello,

If before meals you are higher than normal values ​​I suppose you corrected and that's it.

But what happens if at two hours are you 200?Or at three o'clock at 140?What post value do you take as good?I normally if at two hours I am above 200 I correct myself with the idea that I still have a little insulin of the Bolus.If at 3 hours I am more 140 I usually correct myself, but I do not always get the correction well.

I am trying to adjust the glycemia as much as possible, because I want to stay pregnant.I would like to approach 6 glycosylated hemoglobin, but that implies a 120 average and I see it very complicated without constantly correcting, but I don't know what is the right balance between a stable glycemia a little high or correct with the risk of a hiccup ....

tica's profile photo
tica
05/22/2012 6:34 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

In my case that I use appropriate and that the effect lasts for about 4 hours, I look more at the measurement at 3 hours but everything depends on what I have eaten, if the food has been light, little protein and little fat did not correct2 hours and measure myself at 3 am, there if I correct if it has not come down.If I have eaten a lot of protein or food with fat base, I am correcting at 2 hours and I am measured and correct if I need it.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
05/22/2012 6:48 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Huy Tica, that's how I am also trying to run already "as soon as I see a 200 0 250, the problem is how you say
If then a hicc does not accompany us, after writing a Monton, I do not want to get whatever you read, that you have to look at the time well
in which we put it "to run" that they do not gather much those of "to eat" you already know, minimum 3 hours of difference so that when one is finishing its effect the other that begins, finally soon entered algien that weIt is better, it seems to me a very interesting question and I enter to tell you more or less as I do, but I am not paying much attention to me that ... I do not have the hemoglobin to give many opinions.

aurora2's profile photo
aurora2
05/22/2012 8:24 a.m.

Aurora, you expose your doubts that you don't confuse anyone ...
Thanks for the contributions !!!

tica's profile photo
tica
05/22/2012 9:22 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

Some glucometers calculate the active insulin in the body so that it does not affect a bolus of food with a corrector bolus, the bolus indicator calculates what "you must" attend to the sensitivity index, the basal in case of carrying a pump and the insulin thatYou have injected you before instead of having done it if it is still active to avoid hypoglycemia.
In my case with the new ACCU-CHECK meter that has a bolus/injection recommendation and my atine sensitivity index 90% of the occasions, you can also add guidelines so that when you exercise, you are sick, you have the rule, etc... I calculate an upper or lower percentage with a single click attending to the proportion you think is convenient.

And I am not an ACCU-CHECK representative;) But the product is great and super advisable for all this kind of things, I recommend you contact them that give you the meter for free, the strips are already another story ...

Salu2

MeI's profile photo
MeI
05/23/2012 6:03 a.m.

What we never do is run until it has not been 1 hour and a half since the Bolus was put ... and then, it depends ... as I usually put dual bolus and I usually measure it at 2 hours of this one, I know that it stillThere is a good insulin effect, so if it is around 180-200 I do nothing ...
Anyway, with the continuous meter you can value that perfectly ... with Ángela everything is worse because it takes half mornings, snack, then it is insulin/almost continuous intake, but Juan Luis controls that theme very well because little that does notHave the basal ones adjusted, from 2 hours of the Bolus, that begins to rise fine thing.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
05/23/2012 6:12 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.