Hypoglycemia

Maggie's profile photo   05/23/2012 1:51 p.m.

Hi, I'm 32 years old and has always been healthy.For a few months I have felt tired, it has gone down a little weight, I am in a bad mood and in the mornings or the afternoons I break down or experiment the feeling that I am going to pass out, as a weakness in the body accompanied by a Sumbidin the ears and cold sweat in the hands.They already made the examination of the curve twice.The first time the fasting glucose gave 92, at 66 and at two hours 65. The second time the fasting glucose was 72, at the time 67 and at 2 hours 65. Last week at the hospital they had an analysisof blood from everything and went normal to the thyroid exam.
They put me in a fast test for 72 hours and at 66 hours of fasting when the sugar lowered me to 59 they took blood to analyze the C peptide, insulin and glycemia.As the exam lasts 10 days they met to see the results in two months ...
My question is: What is that of the C peptide and why right I had to be like for so long to do it to me?

Maggie's profile photo
Maggie
05/23/2012 1:51 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

66 hours of fasting ????: Shock:
Haven't you been wrong?

The analytics is to see how much insulin produces

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
05/23/2012 2:37 p.m.

I was not mistaken, I was fasting 66, since the fasting test is to be 72 hours without eating, just water, to provoke the low sugar.The test ends when the sugar drops to less than 60 or at 72 hours if it has not dropped.
Is that precisely what I do not understand, what is the relationship between so many hours of fasting and the type of exam?

Maggie's profile photo
Maggie
05/23/2012 3:40 p.m.

72 hours without taking more than water?But who treats you, Dr. Mengele?

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
05/23/2012 6:37 p.m.

My mother!Three days without eating, and what are you supposed to demonstrate that test?Explain us a little more, I don't just understand it.

mornita's profile photo
mornita
05/26/2012 6:01 a.m.

Actually I don't understand either, the exam can only be done with sugar in less than 60, doctors are little what they explain about it, they think that it can be an insulinoma, however they did not perform more tests,Only normal blood tests and is condemned peptide test with so many hours of fasting.Now I have to wait until July to give me the result.

Maggie's profile photo
Maggie
05/30/2012 10:40 p.m.

Seriously, there are medical tests today that you have to be 72 hours without eating?In the century we are and do evidence like this ... I see it a bit weird and inhuman.Suggestion: Talk to another doctor if this is normal.If someone has experience about this or knows exactly that it is please comment that it seems super curious.

Quim's profile photo
Quim
05/31/2012 6:55 a.m.

maggie said:
I don't understand either, the exam is supposed to be done only with sugar in less than 60, doctors is little what they explain about it, they think they canBeing an insulinoma, however they did not perform more tests, only normal blood tests and is condemned peptide test with so many hours of fasting.Now I have to wait until July to give me the result.
Hi Maggie.How was it in the results?

Andyt's profile photo
Andyt
08/16/2015 7:08 a.m.

What barbarity!I would also ask for a second opinion ...

INTRUSA's profile photo
INTRUSA
08/17/2015 11:22 p.m.

DM1 desde 1991
Bombera desde el 22/07/2013
Última hemo 30/10/2014 --> 6,1%

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.