Diabetes 1 at 28 ... I'm late for this haha

Tam's profile photo   05/26/2012 12:35 p.m.

Hello everyone!!

I've been reading the forum for a while but without daring to write but I think it is time to stop spy

My name is Tamara, I'm Galician, I'm 28 years old, I'm looking for work (like so many ...), I live with my parents and I have a boyfriend, Alex.My debut has surely been the quieter and slower that you will know because it took a whole year and I have not come to have to go to the emergency room or enter with a hyper or hypoglycemia ... I tell you:

About and a half ago, my gynecologist asked for some analysis to be able to prescribe a contraceptive: at that time I was healthy as an apple.6 months later, my gine likes to ask for analysis again to see if everything continues correctly ... and there it was: 186 of fasting glucose.Rare, because I had no symptom of diabetes ... yes, one of my maternal aunts is type 1.try to get fat a little).He met, he saw the analysis and said: I will make you more, I need more data (than if peptides C, than if such and that which ... everything sounded to me) those analysis remained "rare."It was not yet diabetic but there was something that was not going well in my pancreas, it worked at half a gas.And incidentally, in those analyzes, they discovered that I also have hypothyroidism (right now I have 4 chronic diseases, diabetes, hypothyroidism, asthma and allergy ... clearly my parents were not very attentive when they commissioned me :)))

The "treatment" that gave me was a diet, avoiding the sugar as much as possible (goodbye to my beloved nocilla) and 2 fasting glucose measurements a week, to have data ... my aunt left me a glucometer andSome strips and so I spent the year, avoiding meals and without much more ... informing me a lot and chatting with my aunt, which is my "guru" on this subject hehe at the end of February this year my boyfriend already noticed that theThings were rare, I kept drinking, I woke up at night to drink and go to the bathroom, he called me affectionately "Yonkie del Agua", I don't tell you more haha

On March 26 I had an important analysis, my first quarterly diabetes analysis ... and after a few days, on April 13, he quotes with the endocrine.Analysis result ??11, yes, eleven, glucosilada !!!He directly told me: "Now, it's time to inject insulin, this must be downloaded but already."They passed me to another room where I met my educator, a very nice lady who made me measure with a glucometer (I had had breakfast for a couple of hours) and was in 356!He taught me to use the insulin bolis, truquitos to prick, gave me a lot of information and tried to advise me as well as possible.

And I was already, I left the hospital with my crazy mother lost as if she were the one who had to puncture, but I was already calm.I spent a year with the fear of debutdebut was the quieter and now everything was to lead a different life, but without traumatic moments to begin with :)

That same morning I went to the Super to buy vegetables, to the pharmacy for the bolis and the strips, I arrived home, and while my mother made me a rich cream of vegetables (which I hated them ... but I have no choice!), I click the quick for the first time in my life.And Superfeliz!Because it didn't only hurt and it seemed easy to me.

That same night I said "This is not going to condition my life, I will continue doing what I was doing, with punctures and taking care of me, but I plan to go to dinner today!"And I did so, with the glucometer and the bolis in a bag in my bag, I went to dinner and the cinema with myChico and I slept with him ... And Alex delighted from life, wanted to learn to click on !!Right now he is an expert, he asks me to do it every two for three ... I think he is a little frustrated nurse haha ​​and so I have spent the last month and peak, my first rookie month, which I still suppose I will be on the moon ofHoney, but I have lowered the glucose considerably and I have already gone through a pair of hypoglycemia ... Mild, yes, with a chocolate piece or a couple of sugar he stops before it goes more.

As an anecdote, I will tell that I fulfill years on April 8 and I had decided to celebrate my birthday with a dinner at my house on the 14th (the 6 is a friend, I gave him the previous weekend hehe).On the 13th I debuted that on 14, with all my friends there, I told them that I was already official, that I had to click but that I was doing well.And as it was a special day, we asked for pizza!When the delivery man arrived, I took the pizzas and went to my room with one of my friends who is a nurse, and to get blood to the analysis, he punctured me in the ear lobe !!Nothing hurts !!To those who are daddies, I think it is a good method for you to measure children if they are sleeping, I think it is the light and they will not wake up or anything :)
That night going through the kitchen (where some of my friends were smoking), I heard them say it was great as I took it, that they saw me even happy !!Of course I was happy ... now I already knew what was happening with my body, I already knew how to face it, I already had the necessary tools to do so and now I could live quietly!Do not you think it's like being happy?Some of my friends seemed rare that it was type 1, that it was from children and adolescents ... but I already told them "to see, if I always arrive late, to this too!"They died of laughing because I had to open my life arriving late when we were haha

I am sorry to have looked so much but that of summarizing it becomes fatal and I had a lot to tell ...: Oops: Thank you for reading and I hope to be an active part of this forum and learn things thanks to you :)

Tam's profile photo
Tam
05/26/2012 12:35 p.m.

Diabetes tipo 1 desde los 28. Cuando quedo con mis amig@s siempre llego tarde, en la diabetes no iba a ser diferente 😅 También tengo hipotiroidismo, asma y alergias varias... soy una pupas.

Levemir y Fiasp
Freestyle Libre 2
Última HbA1c: 6 (Marzo 2023)

Hi Tamara, welcome to the forum.
I also enter the rookie category yet, and what I have left.I'm glad you get it so well.
Keep it up and squeeze experts who are here.We would like many debut many, although I can't complain much either.
All the best.

garbitxu's profile photo
garbitxu
05/26/2012 1:40 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Welcome Tamara !!: D
Nor do you arrive so late (my debut was at 42) I took an attitude similar to yours ... I asked what media had, and I got to work ...
By the way, the nocilla (it happened to me with the nutela), yes you have a hypo, take advantage and a small slice will help you go back, and incidentally a small tribute, that we well deserve it from time to time.;)
Greetings to the forum :)

olmo's profile photo
olmo
05/26/2012 1:47 p.m.

Hi Garbitxu!I love to see that there are so many novatillos, so I do not feel so alone (because apart from my aunt, for now I only know older people and children ...) I do not know if you get along in terms of attitude (I suppose if!), But you have a hemo to envy!

Olmo, I thought that I was older for the I and you arrive with 42 hahaha the nocilla avoids it, that it tempts me a lot! Yes, my mother has brought me some kit-kat that as they have cookie and chocolate, one or twoBars I suppose they already go up and stabilize ... but when I finish them I go for the nocilla;)

Greetings to both and thanks for the welcome!This is nice: D

Tam's profile photo
Tam
05/26/2012 2:19 p.m.

Diabetes tipo 1 desde los 28. Cuando quedo con mis amig@s siempre llego tarde, en la diabetes no iba a ser diferente 😅 También tengo hipotiroidismo, asma y alergias varias... soy una pupas.

Levemir y Fiasp
Freestyle Libre 2

Welcome Tamara: D ... My debut was also a bit late, at 37 ......

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
05/26/2012 2:24 p.m.

Ok, 42, 37, 28, 24 ... If ours is youthful diabetes, it is clear that we are young at the age that we want hahaha a Prado greeting

Tam's profile photo
Tam
05/26/2012 2:54 p.m.

Levemir y Fiasp
Freestyle Libre 2

Here another "young" who debuted with 34. If one day you feel the nocilla, then get more and that's it.

DiabetesForo
05/26/2012 4:22 p.m.

Hello Haribita!I still don't venture to go up or lower insulin beyond what the endo paid me ... For now I am so new that I dare!Time to time :)

Tam's profile photo
Tam
05/26/2012 4:42 p.m.

Levemir y Fiasp
Freestyle Libre 2

Welcome tam!
I debuted with 37, and my attitude was very good, let's go since I debuted, two years and two months ago, I have not declined any day, I still remain in a honeymoon.
You still have little but you will learn to go up and down insulin, at the beginning it is a little scary, but you will take quickly to learn to count hydrates, you will become an expert: D: D: D: D: D: D: D: D
Greetingsssssssssssss

anabeg's profile photo
anabeg
05/26/2012 8:30 p.m.

Welcome to the forum
In the end we are going to be the majority that we debut close to thirty ...
We will change the name to the DM

Better do not try the nocilla with a hypo, even if I have sugar I think it is too fat and it would cost you longer to overcome.
Besides that you would not taste it ... in the hypos we eat anxious, we swallow I would say: shock:-//
So if you want to enjoy a little of the nocilla, better take it in normal conditions with a little more insulin and ready.

DiabetesForo
05/27/2012 4:08 a.m.

Welcome to the forum !!!

Add and continue, my daughter debuted with 5 and my husband with 39 ... Joooo, how time passes.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
05/27/2012 7:15 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Well, my attitude was good, I've been a little bad to have the decompensated levels, but how when I debuted I was fatal, when they told me it was diabetes I said: Luckily it is not worse.With this you live, with time and experience very well.The hemo very well, but at the end of June I have endocrine and then we'll see, that I am leaving the honeymoon and it is hard for me to find the correct dose.
It is no longer so weird that we debute older.With what arises from Novatilla here we are.
And man, little by little, but you'll see how your caprichillos allow yourself.
I prefer a zumito for hypos and then a pair of cookies or something soft, because now nothing that as I get a lot.
But I have the nocilla at home and someday touches.
In addition, my mistress bought me in Santiveri one that has fructose.Of carbohydrates has per 100g 39.4 and the others over 60. and saturated fats 6.6g.It is still a vice, but healthier.hahaha

garbitxu's profile photo
garbitxu
05/27/2012 1:27 p.m.

What a pleasure that you all receive me like this!This is a great forum!

After all these comments and seeing the age of debut of each one, you clearly change the name!

The nocilla ... I don't know if what Owash says and take it without the desire of the downturn, the nocilla must be tasting, it is a pleasure!We will have to look for Santivei that says Garbitxu!:)

I have had about 5 or 6 for now (for now I am closer to 200 than 40 ...) and I have not yet taken anything liquid, although it is true that they say it goes up before ... like a couple of sugar orA chocolate piece (an ounce, but I enjoy it eh!) And then like a piece of bread.One day he caught me away from home and bought a kit-kat and it was great, that's why my mother bought it.And they have told me that the juices that carry milk (bifrutas or something?) They are also very good, because milk also stabilizes ... We will have to try!

For now these days I am proud to see that I have been controlling the glucose even though I am sick (the allergy gives me strong when I change time and this weekend I have had fever!), To see if the thing continues like this :)

Tam's profile photo
Tam
05/27/2012 7:18 p.m.

Levemir y Fiasp
Freestyle Libre 2

Welcome, Tam!Congratulations on such a good debut, we already want many.
Several things about what I have been reading:
-I have been 1 year (the day after tomorrow) with our friend and I have made the attitude not decay.As you say, this is here and you have to throw forward with what we have, which is fortunately.Keep it up.Throw your aunt, your educator and everything you have at hand (highly recommended online magazine "presents and future").Now yes, you will not find better forums: D
-I also debuted with 34 shatters, so I join the DM 1.5 club, let's stay here!
- On your glycosilada, I will tell you that 3 weeks after the debut, it lowered me from 13.8 to 11.0, and then after almost 3 months it was put into 6.3, where I have achieved (I do not know how) maintain it.The diseases will destabilize the sugar a little, but do not worry that you will surely go well.
- It is true, fat (and also alcohol), make more afternoons to absorb "hydrocarbons" (as my wife says).If you eat something with a lot of fat, or if you spend with the beers, I would say that at 2 hours you will not be very high, but it will continue to rise.
I hope you keep telling us more things (especially good).

fer_pelu's profile photo
fer_pelu
05/28/2012 6:42 p.m.

Hello fer!

I would congratulate you for the "birthday" but I don't think you want to remember the debut ... but how fast you were going down the glycosilada, that's why I should congratulate you !!I suppose that they will have analysis in summer, in my community they are made quarterly, to see if I follow your steps and under about 6 so fast!
The fat yes, but the beers don't worry me, I don't like anything!I no longer drank before, at most one day I took a glass of rum with tail or champagne at Christmas ... and I think that I can continue to allow it on important days :)

Tam's profile photo
Tam
05/31/2012 11:32 a.m.

Levemir y Fiasp
Freestyle Libre 2

If I tell you that I remember almost every minute of the debut ... the truth is that I remember it with penilla for how bad it was (of which I was not really aware) but also with joy because (although it sounds strong what I am going to say)Diabetes has changed my life for good.It is a whore, but now I feel more positive and I see life differently, I think I am better than before, more cheerful.Without having the 12 kg that I have removed from top!: D

Thank you very much for the congratulation of the saint.

fer_pelu's profile photo
fer_pelu
05/31/2012 6:53 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.