More infusion errors.

Ana82's profile photo   05/26/2012 6:23 p.m.

Hello everyone!
I'm going to tell you the sad story of my infusion mistakes.

A few weeks ago I had the catheter on the belly and when I changed it, it gave me an infusion error (when I had 3 units put - or that is supposed: Oops: - more or less);I took it off and the catheter was bent at the tip.

I also put another in the belly (it was the right side and I had not used it for a long time) and again I gave me an infusion error (this time when I had 4 units);I took it off and again the catheter was bent at the tip.

I put on the third in the belly and although I did not give me an infusion error (I put 5 units) at the time was 450 glucose.

I took it off and the catheter was folded again on the tip so I changed everything and put it in my arm.There was no problem anymore.

This morning before breakfast I have changed the system and everything has gone well until a moment ago that I was going to have dinner and when I measured it was in 355 glucose.

I have corrected myself and has given me an infusion error and when the catheter was removed (I was wearing in the belly) I was bent at the tip.

I have changed it to my ass and again it has given me an infusion error. To remove it from the catheter, nothing seems to happen.

I have changed everything again and I have put it in my leg. Here it seems that everything is going well.

Why does this happen?
Is it that I will only be able to put it on my legs and arms?
Will I need another type of catheter?
Does this happen to more people?

Thank you very much and greetings

Ana82's profile photo
Ana82
05/26/2012 6:23 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Do you use oblique catheter?

It's weird, of course.
Since I carry the bomb I only carry it in my belly and I have not had any problem, I have never left an infusion error.

Have you tried a different box?Let's see if those catheters are defective ...

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
05/27/2012 4:35 a.m.

Ana, changes the box, and checks that the second does not have the Mimso Lot number.Communicate it to Medtronic, we are little given to communicate the incidents and that is a big damage to the rest of the users ... I try to comment on everything that happens to us, I send you the bad catheters, or whatever, it is the only way that is the only way thatYou have to find out that something is not doing well
.. We were a holiday with the same problem ... a despair ... from there they offered us the obliques and have always worked phenomenal ... if you are thin, the oblique ones are luxurious.

Good luck and tell us.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
05/27/2012 7:40 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

And if you fail you and you only have a box like me ??????Because they only give me for a month, a box and today I will start it .....:-/:-/:-/ in short ...... I don't want to eat my head, but I fromThen I would call Medtronic immediately ..... It is not normal what is happening to you .....

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
05/27/2012 8:59 a.m.

They have been two different boxes with a different lot number ..................
The first time it happened to me, it was a weekend that I went to León to see my mother and how I had to make the change on Saturday and on Sunday I turned, I took 3 spare parts ............. when I opened the third and last one I was "sweating the fat drop."
And now that I don't know the lot number or anything as explained to Medtronic?
The truth is that the area of ​​the belly for me was the best but now I don't want to try because every time I throw it 3 or 4 catheters and puts me in a very bad milk.
What I think is that if they were defective, it would happen to me in all areas, right ???
I use 6mm catheters but they are not oblique are straight.
And yes, I am thin but not an exaggeration (160 cm and 52 kg).
I have sent my educator an email commenting on it and I will also send an email or call the Medtronic, to see what they tell me.
Thank you very much for the answers;)

Ana82's profile photo
Ana82
05/27/2012 5:58 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.