Usb contour strips

IMADIS's profile photo   05/31/2012 12:40 p.m.

Good, I hadn't come here for a long time, but you know that I am in "dark" because I keep reading the posts.

I wanted to tell you, and at the same time ask about my pharmacy last.(Valencia)
They have been telling me that pharmacies want to remove the strips for the great cost that they suppose, that they barely win with them, and also do not pay them.
I have already had it on several occasions, they give them with counters, and I have to resort to other pharmacies because they always have the fair stock (1ea)

He will do a month, came with my wife, who had given her a Bayer glucometer for me (of the pharmacy) since they were shortly to withdraw from the market the strips that I use, Contour Link.The fact is that I tried it, but I did not convince me, because the one I have with the USB, it is very good for me, because I can download all measurements, and it takes very good average, in short, I like this.
The thing is that this week, my wife, when withdrawing the strips box, told her that this was the last boat that supplied me because they were no longer going to have.That Bayer had stopped manufacturing the strips, and that from now on he should change to the strips of the new meter.

I have called Bayer today, and they do not know anything about this news, they have told me that it is totally new to them, that so far there was no complaint recorded by this issue, and that it is certain that if the pharmacy makes an order of strips,These supply without problems.The totally surprised girl has stayed with the pharmacy data, to send them to the corresponding department, which will try to find out what is happening.
The funny thing is that my wife, then went to another pharmacy to get the other boat boat, to which they said exactly the same.
Bayer what he has told me is that they have removed from the market the glucometer "elite", and these are replacing them free of charge to what they have given me, but that nothing has to do with the strips.

Now, the question,
How can I know if the pharmacy is obliged to supply my strips and not others how do they want to sell me?
Can I take legal actions against them?Claims sheets, pharmaceutical school, etc?
Does anyone else have problems with the strips, insulin etc in their pharmacies?Community?
It is possible that Bayer's agent is enriching together with pharmacies with this measure?

Well, thanks for your time and greeting everyone.

IMADIS's profile photo
IMADIS
05/31/2012 12:40 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

First, change the pharmacy ... for liars.

What happens is that wholesalers (distributors) retailers (pharmacies) or 2 at the same time, are paying in cash the purchases of medicines and health products, but the Ministry is paying the wholesalers and retailers after 2 after 2years.
Therefore, what they are doing is buying on the entry of orders and that is why few pharmacies have large stocks.
If all the pharmacy customers use the same strips they can have a broader stock without fear of "eating" purchases that do not invoice later.

But this, patients is a secondary issue, important because in the end it affects us but it is secondary;As a patient we have some rights and the pharmacy is obliged to respect it.

Link the last agreement signed (at this time they are negotiating a new one): Link

Pharmaceuticals are obliged to dispense the medications prescribed with commercial brand as long as the price set in the agreements does not exceed (all strips are worth the same).
Page 4, point 4 ... makes it very clear.

Legal actions;You have several options:
- Claim sheet in the same pharmacy ...
- Complaint to the Department of Health ... that for that there is a monitoring commission (although in this country we already know what the commissions are)
- Complaint to the College of Pharmaceutics for Mal Praxis
- The most perverse option ... change your glucometer and do the dirty work those of the laboratory: Mrgreen:

Bayer is enriched the same as the rest, everyone is worth the same ... although the commercial war has always existed and more now where conditions are very difficult.
If you get bored and read the entire agreement that links, the 5 trademarks return, yes, they return, 25% of the money they invoice ...

I am from Valencia, if I can help you in something send me a private

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
05/31/2012 2:39 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.