Recording in diabetes

zyand's profile photo   06/04/2012 6:33 p.m.

Hello

I know that diabetes is a friend for life and I put the title for my customs since unfortunately when they detected it 4 years ago I did not take it into account, sporadically I took my metformin tablet (I had prescribed a daily one) andI took my controls with a house glucometer and was usually at 130-160 levels on an empty stomach.

Subsequently I was discontinued by the glucometer I had and it was no longer possible to find reactive strips, this gave me the perfect excuse for not having to measure myself and assume that everything was fine, until recently it gave me to make me a general check up.

Obviously that the result was not the one I expected, my fasting glucose levels were shot in 321 and my doctor prescribed me (for what I already had 4 years of history) 2 Metformin pills 850mg one in the morning and another by theNight, and at the time of food I prescribe a 5mg glibenclamid pill.

It turns out that I have 3 weeks following the medication, and my glulcose levels have been surprisingly reduced 90-110 on an empty stomach.But there are already 2 or 3 occasions that I measure the glucose after eating and my glucose levels (110-130) come out very low (110-130) although I confess that there are other occasions that have shot up to the top of 200.

My question is that if I will be taking too much medication, my appointment with the DOC is until July (blessed Social Security).

Someone can advise me, since although I have time to be diabetic until today I am taking how this disease should be (seriously).

Greetings ... Atte AE

zyand's profile photo
zyand
06/04/2012 6:33 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi Zyand!
The glucose levels you comment are very good, (110-130) for the posts, and 90 on an empty stomach.It does serve as guidance, the values ​​that give me reference are on an empty stomach (70-100) and the posts (100-150).
Greetings...

olmo's profile photo
olmo
06/04/2012 7:53 p.m.

Thanks Olmo.

I really worried about the levels that fell very fast and more because the Doc told me that I should be handling levels around 130.

My Novates also led me to look for information and here are some data that I have found on the network.

How long after eating should I measure glucose in the blood?
According to a fact that found the highest glucose peak is between 71 and 74 minutes after ingesting the first bite

To detect if there is medication overdose, it is recommended to make a glucose measureThese data are not for one to determine the doses, these data should be carried with your DOC and the decision takes.

greetings....

zyand's profile photo
zyand
06/05/2012 10:54 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.