Positive results trial artificial pancreas

DiabetesForo's profile photo   06/11/2012 2:37 p.m.

The positive results of the first clinical trials in humans bring the hope of closing the bomb-meditor

The Annual Meeting of the American Association Diabetes last week brought us the news of the publication of the results of the first clinical essay in humans of a project on the artificial pancreas.

The Ánimas Corporation (of the Johnson and Johnson group, which also has Lifescan) is the company behind this project, together with the JDRF.

In June of last year, he received authorization for this study by the US FDA.

The minimizing hypoglycemia-hyperglycemia (HHM)

The main objective of the work was to assess the algorithm to predict the increase and decrease of glucose and if the amount of insulin released was increased according to these parameters.Now it remains to expand the sample of patients studied.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
06/11/2012 2:37 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

There are very strong companies behind and the business is smeared.This has to leave.
"Close the loop" .. very nice, Owash: D

Regina's profile photo
Regina
06/11/2012 5:27 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I hope, and let it go out soon, one day let's scam on the news "finally the diabetes has a" guaaaaaaaaaauuuuu!

aurora2's profile photo
aurora2
06/11/2012 6:18 p.m.

If they are now starting with human trials, when is their commercialization foresee (if everything is going well)?

DiabetesForo
06/12/2012 2:56 p.m.

That is almost impossible to say it, Roa.

Normal, a drug or a glucometer or a pump, it takes 1 year or so in "crossing the puddle", first it is approved and marketed in the US, then it comes to Europe (1 year) and then to Spain (another 2-3months).

A reliable artificial pancreas system I don't see it before 10 years ...: ((((

I would like to think that before 5 years we could have a continuous non -invasive sensor ... but I think I'm going to make mistakes.

DiabetesForo
06/13/2012 12:22 p.m.

Owash, I told me a certain commercial that in 2 years .....

romevila's profile photo
romevila
06/13/2012 12:26 p.m.

Bomba Accu Check Insight de Roche con Novorapid.
Usuaria de bomba desde 2011 ( lleve la Combo hasta el año pasado).

The truth, as long as I arrive someday ... I am satisfied.In diabetes there are too many unfulfilled promises :(

DiabetesForo
06/13/2012 3:42 p.m.

It is good that a company as powerful as Animas puts the batteries to develop the artificial pancreas project, for now it is not more than we have, in fact in the article in English, it makes the findings serve and much for future rehearsals and investigations.The novelty is that the pump supplies automatically insulin (without user programming) although I have not read effectiveness pores.Currently, Medtronic has the automatic suspension option of the insulin supply before a hypoglycemia detected by the continuous meter, which can already be considered "chlooking the loop", but there is still a long way to go on the sensor's reliability (Continuous meter) Decrease user interation, and improve accessibility.
Recently, to see if I find it, that they were testing a new artificial pancreas study, this time with a sensor that combined in itself two forms of measurement that of interstitial fluid and an optics due to fluorescence, I think it was something like that.
If I think that in a matter of five years we will see bombs that combined with a continuous meter, they will automatically provide insulin during the night.Although for an artificial pancreas, literally understood, where the user does not have to do anything, there is much, in my opinion today it is impossible.

mornita's profile photo
mornita
06/14/2012 5:41 a.m.

I guess you will refer to Glucotrack, right?

DiabetesForo
06/14/2012 1:21 p.m.

I mean this, I can't find exactly where I read it, but San Google has given me this press release.It has a lot to do with a company called Medisense that I bought Medtronic a few years ago.Now I don't have much time, then I will pass and I make a summary patterra translation, that my English does not give so much hehe

mornita's profile photo
mornita
06/15/2012 7:01 a.m.

Medisense bought it Abbott 8 or 10 years ago

Medisensors, maybe ???;) :))

DiabetesForo
06/15/2012 2:28 p.m.

:)) :)) It was Sensimed, Medisensor G8 are those optical sensors that are supposed to be ready to launch the market.They are little original with the names hahaha!

mornita's profile photo
mornita
06/17/2012 7:27 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.