Glycosylated hemoglobin "unnecessary"

olmo's profile photo   06/20/2012 9:16 a.m.

Hello everyone, how are you? ..
I would like to tell you this, let's see what you think ...
Recently I did the periodic analyzes in what is supposed to an indicative test is glycosylated hemoglobin.Until now the controls were carried out in the Community of Madrid, but as the health card (stopped and without benefits), I have had to ask for assistance in Castilla y León, which is where I am registered.My surprise has been when I have collected the analysis this morning, I did not include any test of the C, nor the Hemo"
When requesting the tests the header that have been assigned if my diagnosis DM1 indicated ... is this normal?Is the test so expensive? ...
My basal blood glucose is 88, in a range of [74-106] is not bad, but is there any formula to find the hemo from this data?
Thanks, greetings to the forum

olmo's profile photo
olmo
06/20/2012 9:16 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi Olmo.
It really puts you proof, would you see?What a shame….: Evil: I would be fervently complained, it cannot be that a test considered the most necessary for a DM1 makes you unnecessary ... the thanks of doing blood often in a DM1 is for this test.

Quim's profile photo
Quim
06/20/2012 9:58 a.m.

If your header indicated that you are DM1 and pointed out the point of glycosylated hemoglobin, I don't think the laboratory can do whatever you want, or if ????:-/, it would be the height ......

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
06/20/2012 11:19 a.m.

Well yes, they have done it ... :?
Also knowing that I am diabetic, with the express request to include the hemo I also asked for the values ​​of Acth (corticotropin) that gave me very high in the last analysis that I did in Madrid, and spoke directly with the doctor to ask why I asked for so manythings...

olmo's profile photo
olmo
06/20/2012 11:36 a.m.

And what did your GP?

DiabetesForo
06/20/2012 11:44 a.m.

The doctor has referred me to an endocrine in Burgos, and there they value ... I already had some scheduled tests in Madrid (TC, cervical radiograph and some more) but when I withdraw the health card they were going to bill them, so now I have nowOrder those evidence here in Castilla-León ..

olmo's profile photo
olmo
06/20/2012 11:51 a.m.

The diagnosis of the disease is likely to get well not certain tests.
In fact, in some of the frills for analytics that doctors (pathological anatomy, microbiology) have to fill in.
When I have to deliver samples of this type in my work, the whole request is read before accepting the delivery;So it doesn't surprise me that this may happen.

DiabetesForo
06/20/2012 3:08 p.m.

The doctor correctly covered the analytical steering wheel, indicating in the diagnosis that it was a DM1.They also spoke later with her to ask for more clarifications about other tests, and they told her that it seemed strange that it was diabetic, with the values ​​they had of basal glucose.
What seems incredible to me is that a laboratory (external in this case) assesses and acts arbitrarily interfering with the doctor's activity.
In the end...
Greetings to the forum

olmo's profile photo
olmo
06/20/2012 3:39 p.m.

Basal blood glucose has nothing to do with glycosilada ... but nothing, come on.

In fact, glycosylated hemoglobin is already accepted as a diagnostic method ... In my opinion much more reliable than random blood glucose.

Indeed, those of the laboratory are nobody to question the evidence ... unless the cuts for the crisis have given them more power.

I think I read that the cost of glycosylated hemoglobin was about 2 euros and peak.

DiabetesForo
06/20/2012 4:03 p.m.

In any case, I just sent a claim through the Sacyl website.Let's see what they answer ...
Greetings to all, and thank you very much;)

olmo's profile photo
olmo
06/20/2012 7:56 p.m.

Hello everyone,
Right now I just pick up a letter from the mailbox.
They communicate to me, who have transferred my claim to the manager of the Hospital of here of Aranda (it gives the chance that is an acquaintance of mine), for being, according to the Primary Care Manager, of his competence.The truth is that I do not understand anything, because the analytics is done in the health center.
Anyway, to see what they tell me, I'll tell you ...
Greetings to the forum.

olmo's profile photo
olmo
06/29/2012 8:50 a.m.

Hello everyone, how are you?
Finally today I have received the response to the claim.
They admit that it was an "error" of the laboratory since the doctor did provide a diagnosis.They present their sincere apologies and regret the inconvenience.

The other day when I went to ask for the reactive strips, the nurse, a somewhat unfortunate lady, wanted to give me only two boxes, as soon as I mentioned the word "claim" for not having done my glyc, and a new one if he refused to give meWhat I need, ran to the closet and gave me two more boxes.At least it has served me for something.

Greetings to the forum!

olmo's profile photo
olmo
08/02/2012 10:10 a.m.

I am very happy that you would get the boxes that you truly need, which is clear that if it is not for the word "claim" do not give it to you safe,
But what is strange, that here in Andalusia it is per recipe that it is supposed to be easier, because it is what the endocrine estimates ... and there are times that I still have problems when I have to give them to me.

aurora2's profile photo
aurora2
08/02/2012 4:21 p.m.

Thanks Aurora: d
It is a pity that we have to beg or using the word "claim", but if we get what we need, I will not hesitate to put as many claims it deems necessary ...

I usually read the forum, although I intervene little, and I have seen aurora that you get very good values, encourage, keep it up!

Greetings ;)

olmo's profile photo
olmo
08/02/2012 6:02 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.