New in this world, experience and with some doubts.

Wolflinx's profile photo   11/24/2014 4:40 p.m.

Well, hello everyone first :).I am 17 years old and studying 2nd baccalaureate and preparing for selectivity, and my body has decided to give me type 1 diabetes less than a month ago ^^ U
To start I would like to tell my story a bit:
At the end of October before I went to clasThey sent me to the emergency room and I entered with more than 670 blood glucose:/
So far, there have been times when I have been very depressed, thinking only all the problems, that I am a weirdo, that I am only a burden for all my acquaintances, that nothing will be the same or to look at the future problemssuch as blindness or others.
Add, that the worst of all that I am happening is impotence.The impotence of having to depend on my family or friends feeling a burden, that everyone worries and taking care of me when I have always been, say something independent and responsible, on my changes in humor when I was very quiet before and never neverI got angry or a feeling of guilt.And above that now because of the studies issues (in which since I have diabetes I feel much more stressed) I have to be on the floor has 80 km of my house in the town, that is, that my parents have to come and returnEvery day for my good, and it simply seems to me that they are sacrificing a lot for me, that I do not deserve so much and that it would be better for everyone if it simply disappeared ...
At first it cost me to assimilate the disease, but sincerely until now I had not really stopped to worry in my future, as my life has changed ... I simply wanted to flee from reality and focus on my studies or my friends.And that's why I have been a couple of doubts by reading this forum a bit.One of them is whether it is normal for me to put 32 of Lentus every day?I have read people who get 8 or 6 and see mine a bit exaggerated.Nor have I had any hypoglycemia so far, and I don't know if it will be good or bad.On sport, on the way to 6-8 km, is it suitable for starting?What sports could you start practicing later?

Well, I am very sorry for the billet that I have written, it has been a little relief and to tell my experience a little, and I feel if dreaming quite pessimistic, but it is my reality right now and sincerely I am quite afraid for my future.

Wolflinx's profile photo
Wolflinx
11/24/2014 4:40 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Good, welcome.The first thing is that you do not come down, you do not have to feel dependent on anything or anyone.I tell you my opinion.

For me it is like always being diet, you have to monitor those whims that we all give ourselves occasionally and that's it.That doesn't mean you can't have them.Only if you have whims how to take ice cream, then know that you have to click x quantity of insulin.They told me not to live for diabetes.So I make a totally normal life, such as what I feel like and I do the sport I want, but of course you will do it when you know how your body goes, quantities that you have to click or how the exercise affects you, so you can have valuesgood.I do not tell you that you go crazy and uncontrolls, that does not eh, that in the long run it takes its toll, and the chungas descent too.

Regarding food, because you want me to tell you, flee what it puts for diabetics or without sugars, because it is almost everything a lie.What is carbohydrates is uploaded to us (you will see it in the container).The foods those "without sugar" because they rise the same, and you think you are doing better.You can try to see what sensitivity you have for insulin and for food, although if you carry little later it will change you.To me a fast insulin unit lowers me 78, and 10 grams of HC go up 50 (more or less), so I calculate that I punctuate me.

Regarding the exercise, because it begins little by little, if you do not know how it affects you, do not get a marathon, which will give you a chungo that flips it.In my case, for example, I have calculated that an hour of exercise more or less intense (a football match with friends) because I am about 300-400 units.The bad, because the exercise usually goes down for many hours, according to the body.It affects me about 12 hours.That is to see it.

In short, when you know a little as things up and lower you, because you lead a totally normal life, doing what everyone is controlled.

PS: There will always be a time when you say, what the pussy I have done for this descent, or for this climb?Hehe, sometimes our body goes to his ball.I hope I have helped you.And encouragement.

BanHop's profile photo
BanHop
11/24/2014 5:05 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Man but you have hypos but it is not for having hyper is very good, that's the best.The amounts that each one is paid ignore, each one is a world.
Sports what can you do?I would all tell you, the only thing you must do controls before, during and then, never spare to make them.I debut with 14 years and I can assure you that I thought that at my age I could do the sport I do, for fear of the strong hypos that give me many years without doing sports, I gave me panic.Before having the Dexcom, the meter always carried on top and that if you already know that the meter and you should always go together just like insulin.
In Gym I make Indoor Cycle, I am also monitor and without problems enough hours without going down, getting the meter with tape to the bike's handlebar and doing controls without getting off, ha ha ha, ever about to hit myself., because more than one I have gone to the ground.I also do MTB, last year I did not get dorsal for the 101 of Ronda, this year I will try again.Since August I do running and I am not bad at all, the goal is the half marathon on March 1 if the lesions allow me.
Always have your illusion and with your struggle and effort you will get it.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
11/24/2014 5:13 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Hi Wolflinx!I also debuted recently.
Well, the first thing telling you that you do not have to feel that helplessness, you do not depend on your family or friends or you are a burden.If until now you have been independent, you can continue to be without problems.It is normal for your family to worry but it is totally unnecessary for 80 km to go to see you.Come on, the one who has diabetes is you and the sooner you learn to handle everything alone, better ... If it bothers you that your parents are more aware of you you can ask for a little space to see how you manage them alone.
I tell you my experience in case it helps you.A few weeks after leaving the hospital when I debuted I moved alone to another country, without my family or friends, with another language, everything was new etc ... And what happened to me?Well nothing.It was already independent before and I still were, only now I had to worry about diabetes.
At first I put 38 of Lantus.I entered with similar values ​​to yours and they explained that I was "tick" inside hahaha and that it would take time to "expel" all that glucose.Now I get 28 and I'm doing well.
Much encouragement and do not worry, you will see that little by little you will get to know yourself and lose the fear of diabetes.

All the best!

Laire's profile photo
Laire
11/24/2014 6:52 p.m.

22 años. Tipo 1, debut 06/2014.
22 u. Lantus por las mañanas + Apidra

Well, you see that it is not as hard as you see it now.Little by little you will get to know better and you can make a very normal life.Your parents will be worried now, but when they see that you are well controlled and that you do not have hypos, they will remain much calmer.My daughter lives alone and, although it has cost us to release the reins, we are now very calm.Courage, that little by little you will recover tranquility.
That you do very well with studies and selectivity.If you feel more comfortable with the support of your friends, take advantage of them, that is not to be a burden to anyone.
In the firm I have the doses of my daughter, so that you compare a little, but each one has a different dose, depending on the weight and other things.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/24/2014 9:49 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.