Hi, I'm new in this

DiabetesForo's profile photo   07/08/2012 9:55 a.m.

Hello everyone,

I don't know how to start.Well, a year and a half ago I was diagnosed with diabetes, in principle I was not very clear what guy or that is what they told me and that would be determined with the quarterly blood tests that made me.I started drinking pills as 4 guys and nothing was still not controlled sugar.On the last visit to the endocrine they told me that it was type 1 and that I needed insulin, (I have panic to the needles) and they went on to inform me of a nurse.I have been almost 3 months and I consider that I know less now than when I started, I have a mogollón of doubts but I go to the nurse and it is always in a hurry and I cannot solve the doubts.I have the endocrine in September but until then I don't know what to do very well.Most of what I have read in the forum sounds Chinese.The same is that I have been a short time but I have the feeling that I have no more controlled the subject than when I started.

Apart now they tell me in the outpatient that I can do 6 controls at most but what better they are 5 because there are problems with the supply of strips, I have not stabilized the issue of sugar although it is true that I just startedAnd I am injecting of Lantus 12 and Apidra 4 or 5 although in eye because I have no idea how to calculate the hydrates.

Greetings to all.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
07/08/2012 9:55 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Welcome to the Begotxu forum

You have reached the right place.
Here you can ask everything you want and how many times you want ... something else, but we have time;)

How do you go with the needles?

A link:
For many of us that website is our header manual ...

A quick summary:
10 g of carbohydrates is the same 1 unit of apidra
10 g, for example, are 2 cookies

This is the theory, then each one has to apply it to their case ...

DiabetesForo
07/08/2012 11:23 a.m.

Welcome Begotxu !!!
You will see how in a little time you learn the count
Greetings

anabeg's profile photo
anabeg
07/08/2012 11:35 a.m.

They give me needles of 5 because they say I'm very thin.At first they were doing very well but I have really fattened about 4 kilos since I started with insulin and I don't know if that's why but now I have the feeling that I burn when I am injected, at first I thought it was because I did it very fast butNow I take it peacefully and keep burning me.They have told me that they can give me needles of 8 but I do not see it, I still have no exceed the needles.It may also be that I do not click me well, I don't know.In this forum I have discovered that there are areas of faster or slower absorption and now I am testing.

Thanks for the links, I have been looking at them and although it is a lot of information at once I have a few answers.

Right now I have a fairly urgent question, on Saturday before dinner I had 265 and then 218 and since then I have not managed to get off 180 at any time.The question is whether I get to dinner with 309 as yesterday and I'm going to eat 6 portions, I click 6?But I already started very high and of course later I go to bed with 329.

Today I remain the same and until Thursday I can not go through nursing.

Thank you very much in advance.

DiabetesForo
07/09/2012 11:49 a.m.

5 mm needles are valid for almost everyone ... insists on putting on that size.
Not by putting you in a larger size you will improve, they may even hurt you more and have more bruises.

As for the question ...
If you reach those figures you should rectify ... in fact any high figure must be rectified.
The less time you spend high blood glucose.

I should look at a glycemia goal ... Now to start it would be good to get about 150 mg/dl
If at dinner time you have 309 .... then 309-150 = 159

It is usually associated that 1 ultra -shaped insulin unit = 50mg/dl of glycemia
How is it starting to go prudently ... and associate 1 ultra -shaped insulin unit at 80 mg/dl

So at dinner you should put the 6 units + the 2 rectification extras
As long as at dinner they eat those 6 rations of carbohydrates ... because they are equivalent to the 6 ultra -granted insulin units.
If you eat less than 6 servings, for example 4 rations of carbohydrates, you should not increase the dose with rectification extras.
I don't know if I explained:-/

I summarize, you can increase insulin units ... But very carefully, don't hurry into controlling diabetes ... right now you must accumulate information on how your body reacts.
That is why endos and nurses often ask us to write down everything we eat and what we do ... It is the only way to learn.

DiabetesForo
07/09/2012 1:08 p.m.

Ok, I think I have understood everything you have explained very well.

As for going aiming everything, I still do not control the rations of hydrates, egDo they have 10 grams of hydrates?;I started pointing everything I ate for real pesos because I can't understand the portions and they told me that it didn't use but I still don't understand the rations.Then between hours I do not dare to eat anything with hydrates or without them, tell a snack of something or cookies or pipes because I do not know what noses I can eat that is not tuna or serrano ham (without bread hahaha) so that it does not reach theDinner with sugar through the air.

Today I have gone to the Murcian Association of Diabetes and they have told me that I should look at the ketone bodies, I have no idea what this is, according to the girl it is important that I look at it, he has given me a booklet and now I am looking at him.

The truth is that I thought it was going to be easier, I told the doctor that I had no intention of seeing him at least in a month hahaha, naive ...

Thank you for answering, I will keep asking you if at some point I can forget a while of this.

DiabetesForo
07/09/2012 5:36 p.m.

Look to see how much a fast unit goes down .., if you are 200 and you put one quickly, look at two hours.
Then look at what a hydrates unit raises you (10 g of sugar), and you can exchange rations and insulin, with a table of food hydrates and a lot of practice.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/09/2012 9:33 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Ok I'm going to do the test but I get the fast without eating anything?And I have to endure the 2 hours and then get the 10 grs of hydrates and look at me again in about 15 minutes as if it were hypoglycemia?

Well, if I need practical hahaha, I'm going to take it laugh ...

Thanks for giving me ideas.

DiabetesForo
07/10/2012 4:37 a.m.

Hello!!!
Begotxu, two things do the insulin test only if you are with high sugar.Minimum 180, which does not have hypoglycemia assured.And do it after 3 hours of the last rapid insulin dose so that you do not have any insulin in your body.
The test of eating a ration of carbohydrates I would do another day, first try one thing and then another.And you should only do this test if you are not very high.Less than 130, who will not have a hyper insured :) Look to see how much you are today, if you are short, eat 1 ration of hydrates, if you are high proof of insulin

tica's profile photo
tica
07/10/2012 5:04 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

I am in 344, with which I will try the insulin, I have just been in the doctor and he told me to go up the Lantus to 14 because I already lift myself high.

Let's see, little by little, I'll be caught by the point.

Thank you very much to everyone.

DiabetesForo
07/10/2012 8:01 a.m.

Hi Begotxu !!
Welcome!!
How are you carrying it?

What you said of bread and rations, I think you have a mess ... hehehe

40 gr of normal bar bread, are 2 portions, that is, 20 grams of carbohydrates.
1 ration is equivalent to 10 grams of carbohydrates.

You can calculate any food as long as you have a table that tells you the percentage of hydrates of each food.
For example, bread has 50% carbohydrates.That is why 40 grams of bread, has 20 grams of hydrates, which are 2 portions.
Another example, tomato, has 4% carbohydrates.1 quite large tomato, 250 grams, it will have 10 grams of hydrates (250*4/100 = 10), that is a unit.

This is the basis of calculation.

DiabetesForo
07/20/2012 4:45 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.