Difficulty injecting insulin with little light

Pim's profile photo   07/10/2012 8:52 a.m.

Hello!

This is my first message in the forum, I debuted recently with diabetes and wanted to ask you a question: what do you do to inject insulin when there is little light?
Recently I tried to inject it into a kind of field, with little vision, and at the end I didn't even know if I had injected it well (I didn't see if the needle entered perpendicularly)

Well, you haven't even had this problem: Oops:

Pim's profile photo
Pim
07/10/2012 8:52 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi Pim,
Welcome!
Well, I suppose that over time you are taking the truquillo.I have injected insulin into many sites and situations, but of course they are 13 years of evolution.If there is little light you are going around the 'head' of the ball and for the click you already know how many units you are going to inject.It has ever happened to me in some public sink, that you enter and there is no light, especially those that ride for fairs and others.With touch you know how much you get and how.When the situation is more difficult I put it in the arm, I put it straight and put the ball with a dry blow.In the belly, for example, it costs me more, I almost always become Moratón.
Quiet, over time you will have more experience in the punctures.

Sugared's profile photo
Sugared
07/10/2012 10:30 a.m.

But don't you take a pinch before?

Clicking the ball at once you can nail it into the muscle, right?

Pim's profile photo
Pim
07/10/2012 12:57 p.m.

Well now that you say it, no.
Let's see my
In the belly I take a bit but I already tell you that I don't like to prick there.
Where I click more is in my arms and I guess I take muscle yes, but it has never been a problem.Think of your arm, even if you take a pinch click on the same area as if you don't take it, right?And I sometimes click on my legs.Sometimes sitting with the legs in 90 degrees, I click on the top of my knees.Thus they taught me when I debuted and I haven't changed it.
Anyway, wait for someone else to see what he says about the pinch.

Sugared's profile photo
Sugared
07/10/2012 1:34 p.m.

Good about the pinch at least here accordingAn adult of normal complexion, anyway I have learned after the bomb put myself, the needles gave them 8 mm, anyway inform you well, which by the way also said that the needles of 0.6,0.8 or 1.2 cost the same

samozeus's profile photo
samozeus
07/14/2012 4:39 p.m.

DM1 desde el 81 antes de naranjito.
Con bomba desde 2012
Minimed Veo parading
Minimed 640g desde 06/2015
Minimed 640g desde 19/03/2016 la 2a
Minimed 780g desde el 23/03/2021
Hemoglobina 12/01/2021->6.1
28/07/2021-> 6.4

It is clear, it is that I use the 5mm.Once I used some bigger ones but it hurt me enough and they always give me the little ones.

Sugared's profile photo
Sugared
07/16/2012 4:37 a.m.

Hi Pim
Well, if everything is experience and experience, you never learn and it will be easier.The time will come that you can inject doing the pine-person and so happy.The theme of the needles I use of 6 and only pinch in the belly, in the rest of the sites straight and without fear.Those of 8 made me some bruises that in my first summer looked like a panda taking the single hahahaha.

Quim's profile photo
Quim
07/17/2012 5:27 a.m.

Helloaaaaaaaaaa,
Quim, the same thing happened to me, now I use those of 5 and neither pinn nor anything.I ever get some moraton, but not comparison as before.
There are times that I sink without looking, everything is to take experience.
Greetingsssssssss

anabeg's profile photo
anabeg
07/17/2012 5:36 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.