{'en': 'Suggestions for diabetes control during festivities', 'es': 'Sugerencias para el control de la diabetes durante las festividades'} Image

Suggestions for diabetes control during festivities

fer's profile photo   12/04/2014 9:50 a.m.

The most important thing to control diabetes during trips and celebrations at this time of parties is preparation.

Be clear about what you can eat, how to enjoy some traditional favorite dishes and continue with a healthy eating plan, and how to pack what is necessary for trips;This will be ready to celebrate.

banquets and celebrations

To make sure not to interrupt healthy eating plans, before leaving, you have to do the following:

• Eat a healthy snack to avoid eating more at the party.

• Ask what kind of food will be served, to know if they are part of their food plan.

• Carry a nutritious snack or a meal prepared for yourself and for other people.

• In a buffet, and if possible, use the food and you have to sit to eat in a room away from food.

• Serve smaller portions.

• Take drinks with few calories such as water with gas, sugarless tea or dietary drinks.If alcohol will be taken, limit the amount and drink it with the food.You have to limit yourself to a drink per day if you are a woman, two if you are a man.

• Be careful with the favorite meals of the holidays, which are more “heavy”, such as hams glazed with honey, with a lot of sauce and accompaniments full of butter, sour cream, cheese or mayonnaise.

• Take care of salt.Some classic parties of the parties are made with food already prepared high in sodium.Choose fresh or frozen vegetables in sodium.

• Eat fruits instead of cakes, cakes or other desserts with a high content of fats, cholesterol and sugar.

• Grant more in friends, relatives and activities than in food.Go out to walk after meals or dance when you are at a party.

Remember to take your medications
In case of long trips:

• Packaging twice the diabetes supplies that it plans to use, in case there are delays on the trip.

• Have refreshments, gel or glucose tablets in case you lower your glucose level.

• Be sure to always have the card of your medical insurance and telephone numbers for emergency, such as your doctor's name and phone.

• Take a medical identification that says you have diabetes.

• Take into account the changes in the schedules to know when you should take your medications.

• If you use insulin, be sure to also have an emergency kit with the Glucagon drug.

• Keep the insulin at low temperature inside an insulating bag with cold gel packages.

fer's profile photo
fer
12/04/2014 9:50 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Pffff, because to do that and look like weirdos, it is better to stay at home.
If we have ultra -grape insulinas and know how to count rations, we can eat the same as everyone and enjoy a good meal between friends.
Practicing can be done without any problem, and it is also very good for psychic well -being.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/04/2014 4:19 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

If you do not have insulin it is very complicated to which you jump a little the routine has already shot the zucar ...

marigu's profile photo
marigu
12/13/2014 12:11 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Marigu, and why don't you ask the doctor if you can prescribe fast insulin, when you want to make a party meal?With two or three fast units, you could eat the same as the others ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/13/2014 2:07 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

I love the face that some stay on these dates when they see you eat
"Hey ... and that is not that it was diabetic? Has he cured?":)For the rest, the mastercard.
I think as a regina (and not only on these dates, but hey, that is already a approach), if you have to eat two lettuce leaves when they all trench the turkey and eat the nougat, then ... here (or for theless on these dates) I think you can apply the "to where you were, do what you see" :)

And if you have a glucose meter (even if it is not continuous, like Abbott's free) even if you get a drawing like that, nothing happens :) (Note: photo extracted from a forum)

greetings

pabloj2000's profile photo
pabloj2000
12/15/2014 1:03 a.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

He he...!!!

Gala's profile photo
Gala
12/15/2014 4:46 a.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

hahaaaa

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/15/2014 4:21 p.m.

Well, I do not see any meaning to what you say.

When I give myself some whim it is only when I am alone and sad, we are going to encourage me a little.On the other hand, when I am partying with the family or friends, at that time the turion and the sweets repeat it.

Especially because if we take turron or cakes then we will find ourselves tired, without energy, with a dry mouth, etc. and we will not be able to enjoy the parties or the company.I only did it in the first party after being diabetic but never again.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
12/15/2014 6:02 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

But you will have your mouth dry and you will be tired because you have quite high sugar, that you have not put enough insulin for the HC that you have taken, if you click the insulin I agree to what you are going to eat there is no problem, as if you eatA tablet of every thing and an entire dusty dusts.What you will have will be an indigestion x the binge but like any neighbor of neighbor

Gala's profile photo
Gala
12/15/2014 6:53 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

Sherpa, with two or three more units, can eat dessert like everyone else.After an hour you measure yourself and, if necessary, you run with faster .. or with more mazapan ... Jaajaa
Well, control the rations, do not eat a dozen dusty ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/15/2014 10:29 p.m.

Well, I would like to know how you control the rations of these things, I try and try it and if I do not have an immediate climb I have it at hours but there is no way to give it, even sometimes days until it normalizes again

belefe74's profile photo
belefe74
12/16/2014 5:31 p.m.

Diagnosticada en 1997
Siempre intentando mejorar.

A fast unit, a ration of hydrates.But the easiest thing is to take any dessert and get two more quickly.Then you measure an hour later and you know for the next time.
If you stay high, you correct with faster.To my daughter a fast unit (Humalog) lowers 50 glucose units.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/17/2014 1:28 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.