Hello new in the forum and veteran in diabetes

elviragarrido's profile photo   07/25/2012 6:53 a.m.

Good morning everyone, I just joined this forum, my diabetes diagnosed me with 4 years and has been with me for 42 years ....... My best friend.
I practice sport, well in fact I am an instructor of Indoor cycle, apart from my usual profession, but I have to say that my life with sport has been continuous and my best ally to have good control over my diabetes, and one of the thingsmost important control over food.
I am also a mother, my girl is 20 years old, the best gift that has given me life and the greatest breath to move forward.
I'm glad to be in this forum, I hope that from my experience I can help whoever needs and Vicibersa.
Greetings to all: P

elviragarrido's profile photo
elviragarrido
07/25/2012 6:53 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Welcome Elvira: d
Your experience will be very valuable in the forum, by your side I feel a rookie :)) :)), 12 years in November with the "friend" ..... I think, like you, that sport or physical exerciseThey are very important when carrying good control, at least in my case it has been so.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
07/25/2012 8:05 a.m.

Welcome Elvira!
How good you can share your experience of so many years of evolution in different aspects.
I have been 13 years but I don't remember when the truth was different.
There is another thread of the forum (pregnant with diabetes) in which we are pregnant women and we are looking for (in my case I look).You still feel like telling your experience.
All the best

Sugared's profile photo
Sugared
07/25/2012 10:43 a.m.

Welcome Elvira,
Your experience will be very good especially for rookies like me, who have been with the friend for 2 years
Greetingsssss

anabeg's profile photo
anabeg
07/25/2012 10:44 a.m.

Welcome to the forum ...

Surely you will give us many things.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
07/25/2012 2:58 p.m.

Hello,

Elvira I don't just understand that you don't get humalog unless you're more than 160. Don't you eat HC?Is sport enough to lower food posts?

The truth is that I encourage reading that people with so many years of return continue to lead a normal and even more active life than most of the society

tica's profile photo
tica
07/25/2012 3:49 p.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

Very good ethics, I tell you, of course, as HC, but very regulated since for the diabetic they are not very advised since the glycemia index increases fast and if there is no physical activity you have to do the hand of fast insulin, pasta andThe rice small amounts, the bread only one toast in the morning because in the morning I make five km, my work is in charge of a warehouse, so I feel 5 minutes to eat and then in the afternoon-night the gim.
At least, physical activity spends everything that as, the question is to have a balance between that physical activity and what you eat.The fruits and vegetables even at a lower level but give me HC and not skip any of the meals.
It is also true that there are some diabetes that are more rebellious than others and it costs much more to balancing them, I don't know what your case is.Tell me
BSS.
Elvira

elviragarrido
07/26/2012 10:29 a.m.

Hello Sugars, for what I have understood are you pregnant? ...... My congratulations if so, and if you are looking for it, keep going.
I will look for the forum that you tell me, if I would like to tell my experience and help what I can
We are in contact and tell me how you are doing.
BSS
Elvira

elviragarrido
07/26/2012 10:35 a.m.

Hi Elvira,
At the moment I am looking for.They gave me 'Green Light' on June 29 so I'm on it.It is in this forum, in 'Experiences with diabetes'/'get pregnant with diabetes'
Of the hydrates I don't understand much either ... well, so I see you spend everyone you eat and then you don't need fast, but then you don't metabolize to have energy, right?Do you burn fat if you have no insulin in the body?It is an issue that I have never understood very well.I always as the same rations of hydrates and therefore I put the same rapid insulin (with exceptions depending on clear values).
Anyway I do little sport (something, but not too much :) and I couldn't spend everything with exercise ... impossible hahaha

Sugared's profile photo
Sugared
07/26/2012 10:41 a.m.

Welcome,

I'm sure you'll contribute very interesting things to this forum

maite's profile photo
maite
03/01/2017 10:22 p.m.

Welcome to the forum, food as indicated more than important !!!!
All the best,

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
03/02/2017 11:24 a.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.