{'en': 'Type 1 How long does it take?', 'es': 'Tipo 1 cuanto tarda?'} Image

Type 1 How long does it take?

kairn08's profile photo   12/20/2014 6:04 p.m.

Hello,

The other day I went to the pediatrician because the child had started wetting the bed (he had never happened to him) and because he did not stop drinking (about 3liters/day) I looked at the glucose in urine and was only a little high.He made a puncture with the glucometer and went well.

He told me that it was nothing or that it was incipient and we were at the beginning.What do you think?Why if it were the type 1 how long does it take to develop?Because I read online that type 1 has a sharp start but I have no idea what it refers to ...

Days/weeks/months?And if he went well with the glucometer (100) means that he neither has diabetes nor will it have?

Thank you!

kairn08's profile photo
kairn08
12/20/2014 6:04 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Keep watching .., if this type 1 progresses very fast and will have more symptoms.The exact time cannot be known ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/20/2014 6:39 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I'll be attentive, thanks :)

kairn08's profile photo
kairn08
12/20/2014 7:12 p.m.

I can tell you my case, I don't know how this progresses.I have been seeing blurry from afar 2 or 3 weeks, and urinating 15-20 times a day.The oculist told me that he needed glasses, and that urinating much was not bad (I have not gone to that oculista again :)).In a test that I did in a pharmacy, I got 330 from sugar.So since I started noticing something because about 3 weeks, but of course, if you lead a life in which you do not exercise (so you can notice hypoglycemia) and do not take many carbohydrates (which would make you had it high), thenYou can have diabetes and not even realize.In addition to the beginning is the honeymoon, which is a period in which if you take a sweet, you have it high, but not like when the honeymoon ends that you would already have it through the clouds.

So tell him occasionally if you see any symptoms.Anyway in an analytical if you have you can tell you.Regarding what you say, that if you will not, as far as I know you cannot foresee if you will have type 1 diabetes in the future type 2 as I think it is hereditary, because you can know if you have many ballots to develop it.

BanHop's profile photo
BanHop
12/22/2014 9:47 a.m.

I was 5 years old when I debuted and had exactly those symptoms.I drank a lot of water and therefore, I had a long time even in bed (and normally I never did).My parents made me a glucose test in urine and went high.I can't tell you how long it took to develop diabetes but when the blood glucose was taken to the hospital, not much but it was diabetes.I mean, there are people who debut at 300-400 but my parents may have given themselves as "soon" and that is why I didn't have those high values.

lalala8's profile photo
lalala8
12/22/2014 12:11 p.m.

Dando guerra desde 1993 - DM1 desde 1998 - Bombera desde noviembre 2013.

Fear nobody is going to take it out.My son was in days since it started to the debut.I think it's very fast.Let them do you control in the pharmacy just in case.

Papajesus1's profile photo
Papajesus1
01/01/2015 6:25 p.m.

Padre de Jesús. Bomba insulina y dexcom g4 share. Debut con 18 meses....ya con 7 añitos...Hemo entorno a 7....y mucha lucha diaria.....ya sabéis..poco dormir y bastantes miedos....pero mi niño es feliz luego yo también.

Thank you that there is this forum and thousands of information about the diabtes to "warn" you tell you to control and observe your daily living, because against earlier, better !!!Then tell us ...........

ani's profile photo
ani
01/16/2016 7:28 p.m.

Something similar happened to my daughter. Some months before deputing the urine analysis and the positive glucose came out, but in blood 98 came out and they only told us that we would watch over the background, but the girl had no symptoms (even drink too littleAnd I was afraid of dehydration when I had diarrhea) and a few months later ... Diabetes, suddenly.
Do not relax and watch every little.kisses

mariah14's profile photo
mariah14
12/20/2016 9:32 p.m.

I would say that I started to wet bed about three weeks before detecting diabetes.Theme hungry she has been very common and tb those last three weeks ate a lot to a while but what caught my attention was the extreme thirst and that was the last 48h before knowing that I had diabetes.And lose weight like a kg the last week before his debut.It's all so fast.

T1d's profile photo
T1d
12/20/2016 9:48 p.m.

How much water drunk before, it has been a sharp change in drinking water up to 3 liters per day?
Are there more manifestations?

hoyos9's profile photo
hoyos9
12/21/2016 11 a.m.

In about 15 days my son began to drink a lot and urinate a lot.Debuted to 550 :(
Be alert .....

mogi's profile photo
mogi
12/21/2016 11:55 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.