Hospital units treat the most serious incidents in type II diabetes

fer's profile photo   12/23/2014 10:16 a.m.

Type II diabetes is asymptomatic in 80% of cases, whose debut is often necessary hospitalization against serious cardiovascular disturbances, vision loss, renal insufficient or lack of peripheral irrigation with amputation risk.

On a sample of 200 patients with type II diabetes (diagnosed), the Federation of Spanish Diabetics (FEDE), the General Council of Colleges of Psychologists (CGCOP) The Astrazeneca Foundation presented last December a qualitative and quantitative study on the convenience on the convenience on the convenienceto provide psychological support to the patient with this pathology.According to the patron of said Astrazeneca Foundation, Julio Sánchez Fierro, the study was conceived to value psychological support for patients with type II diabetes, considering it a crucial aspect in its treatment, as it is a chronic pathology, to receive helplong -lasting, channeling each new stage of the patient's life.

The president of the General Council of Psychologists, Francisco Santolaya, said that the response to type II diabetes must be comprehensive support, aiming to take responsibility through self -care and knowing that for a long time the attitude of resistance dominates the attitude of resistance for a long time.In the process of the disease, chronic and degenerative, the hospital units intervene to recover normalization after the encouragement processes that occur in the patient's vital course, saving the most serious incidents and providing extraordinary support.Among these grants are the cases of patients with pills that are insulinized in the day hospital (endocrinology), monitoring in the diabetes unit.This works directly with the patient, performing their food control and establishing lifestyles guidelines, among other measures.

On the psychological level, the president of the Federation of Spanish Diabetics (FEDE), Andoni Lorenzo, explained that the study states that half of patients with type II diabetes have suffered in some stages of their illness, especially when knowing the diagnosis,Anxiety, uncertainty and stress.Despite this, only 6% of the diabetics surveyed received psychological support at some point in their experience with the disease, despite the fact that 2 out of every 3 interviewees considered it important to receive guidance on how to face the vital changes that occur after diagnosis.On the contrary, Lorenzo added, 25% of patients who received a professional psychological help acknowledged that they were very useful, noting that it was quite useful for 33.3%.

fer's profile photo
fer
12/23/2014 10:16 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

I arrived at the hospital without knowing that I had diabetes, feeling very bad, with almost 500 blood glucose and 10 glycosilada.After a week now my glucose peak is 207 and for the moment I think that having lost five kilos and being doing the diet and the medication may have already lowered the glycosilada a little, luck that I am from a natural athlete,Although I had left it for a depression and that I take this etc, etc ...
They did not give me more psychological support than the words of the mood of some nurses.I still know very little about the disease, I don't know if I'm going well, bad, regular ... and the first night, just admitted, without anyone explaining anything to me, a nurse without any touch (which luckily I did not see againIn all my time admitted) I leave in the room, alone and in the dark, as if I left a prisoner in his cell and after asking me if I had my last wills because the hospital asks for it.In my life I have felt more alone and homeless.
I really believe that if, psychological support is necessary for the sick, someone who feels with you, listens to you, talk and reassure you and encourage you to move on.I have not yet succeeded, nobody in my environment understands it and the truth is that I go high in which I feel much better to terrible and terrifying downturn.

Aryst's profile photo
Aryst
02/19/2015 9:25 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.