Diabetic driver sentenced to prison for provoking the death of a cyclist

pabloj2000's profile photo   12/23/2014 6:55 p.m.

Link

A delicate theme.If you give you a heartbell, to what extent are you responsible, criminally?What if that heart attack gives it to you because you are a smoker, tension, etc?

Every day I have more clear that continuous measurement (with alarms) should be mandatory, and be the SS itself that facilitates it to avoid this (in their hand they have to do it)

greetings

pabloj2000's profile photo
pabloj2000
12/23/2014 6:55 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

I don't know what lawyer would have good. A hypoglycemia is also a
accident.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/24/2014 12:03 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

The notic endures with tweezers .... To begin with, they say that the driver had a "diabetic attack", I understand that he should give him a hypoglycemia? Then they condemn him 15 months in jail, for not properly controlling his type 1 diabetes... What do I wonder ... how have they shown it? They have taken the glycosilada (HBA1C) and have left high?or have they reviewed the self -control notebook?, or will it have said it as an excuse? ... in short ... with tweezers!

fer's profile photo
fer
12/24/2014 11:43 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Well seen like this, possibly ... but it is certainly real ...

Link
Link

"We want to say publicly: all drivers with diabetes must check their glucose level on each journey, and not believe that it doesn't matter or leave it because they feel good, because it doesn't matter" "
"The consequence of not looking at glucose level is the boy's death"

Honestly ... I think it is impressive.If someone thinks that by measuring the glucose level before taking the car is safe from hypoglycemia, it takes it clear.And more, the more "normalized" the level you have (that is, the one that is accustomed to having it at 80-90) I think that much more risk of a hypoglycemia, that the Eque has it at 250 (for driving purposes, it ismuch safer, no doubt).

I see well that they say that the driving license is not a right, if not a privilege ... then the continuous measurement will be clearly.

Telita with the case ... And what I commented ... to the one who gives a heart attack ... is it guilty of having the high tension?To be overweight?By smoking?

And the athlete (who neither smokes, baby, nor has high tension ...?

As Regina said, I think the lawyer ... because it seems to me that they have no idea of ​​diabetes or what it is

greetings

pabloj2000's profile photo
pabloj2000
12/24/2014 6:16 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

Totally agree, Pablo

Recently the endocrine recommended me not to drive because a few days ago a girl had had an accident for hypoglycemia.

Aryi's profile photo
Aryi
12/29/2014 4:16 p.m.

DM1 desde 1992
Bomba insulina Medtronic

But neither does any disability recognize us

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/29/2014 4:46 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

As Pablo says, continuous measurement should be a right, if there are criminal responsibilities for hypoglycemia.
And, meanwhile, not to spare with reactive strips.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/29/2014 4:51 p.m.

I see all this taken from quice.You can give you a heart attack, so what happens?, That no one could drive in case?The only difference is that we know the risks and others may not.In the end they do not say things when you renew the card.I get 120 km daily, 60 to go and 60 to return, since my workplace is 60 km from my house.And there is no way to get closer, knowing my problem and with a retinopathy, Panfotocoagulated and with a time adaptation, yes, not to drive when there is not enough light.And work in the public, which is supposed to take into account those things.
Anyway, everything is so relative and so drastic many times ... neither so much nor so bald.

meginer's profile photo
meginer
12/29/2014 6:10 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.