{'en': 'Nutrition in diabetes.Plato method.', 'es': 'Nutrición en Diabetes. Método del plato.'} Image

Nutrition in diabetes.Plato method.

fer's profile photo   01/16/2015 9:51 a.m.

It is simple and efficient to control diabetes, change the size of the portions, so that it eats larger portions of starchy vegetables and a smaller portion of food with starch: using its dinner plate, draw a line from top to bottom tohalf plate.

Then divide the left half again, in the middle, so that the dish is divided into three sections.

Fill the largest section with vegetables without starch, such as: spinach, carrot, lettuce, vegetables, col, ejotes, broccoli, cauliflower, tomatoes, onion, cucumber, beet, mushrooms, peppers.

Now, in one of the smallest sections, put food with starch such as: whole grain bread, whole grain cereal and high fiber content, cooked cereal such as oatmeal, corn semoline, crushed corn, rice, noodles, tortillas, beansPintos or face, potatoes, peas, corn, sweet potato, pumpkin, cookies and papitas, totopos or chips with low fat content and popcorn without fat.

And then, in the other small section, put a protein such as: chicken or turkey without skin, fish such as tuna, salmon, cod or catfish, shellfish such as shrimp, clams, oysters, crab, lean cuts of meat or pork such as loin, eggs, cheese with low fat content.

Add an 8 -ounce glass of milk with low fat content, Yogur Light or a small panecillo.

Add a fruit or 1/2 cup of fruit salad, and your food will be ready.

fer's profile photo
fer
01/16/2015 9:51 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

I see that dish full of food and I have finished eating.Hahahaha ... the view greatly influences the food.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
01/16/2015 10:11 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

I have left there the diet of the plate method.It is the one that I follow and is great (last glycosilada 5.9 and after Christmas excesses).
I divided into three parts: half vegetables, 1/4 proteins and 1/4 hydrates ... and I have lost with that and walk three times a week the 26 kilos whore ...

nina45's profile photo
nina45
01/20/2015 11:50 a.m.

Diabetica tipo II desde Diciembre de 2012 pero descendiente de diabéticos desde nacimiento
Medicacion: metformina de 850 gr mañana, mediodia y noche.
Ultima glicosila 6
Lema: "If you want a positive life, spent time with positive people!"

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.