Insulin pump or continuous meter?

DiabetesForo's profile photo   08/21/2012 1:31 p.m.

Reading a German publication about diabetes, the opinion of a researcher caught my attention.According to him, the continuous meter helped to better control the disease than the insulin pump and did not understand why social security not grant more devices to the sick.What do you think?

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
08/21/2012 1:31 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

scheme if the pump helps ... the meter embroiders, if they gave me to elejir and thinking very well, I would prefer the continuous meter
Because well ... insulin with boli, but a good hydrates education is getting along what fits and a meter that works correctly
And this measuring the level every time Jo, we corrected a hyper -e hyper in time, but in Social Security at least here in Andalucia Puf
That is true that if you want it, you have to buy it yourself, and it is no longer the device are the sensors. That's why I say the money does not give happiness! And a milk!

aurora2's profile photo
aurora2
08/21/2012 2:07 p.m.

By order if we look at it from the glycemic control point of view:
1.- Meter (reliable and non-invasive) +bomb
2.- Invasive reliable meter + bomb
3.- Reliable meter
4.- Pump

If we look at it from the day to day of the diabetes:
1.- Meter (reliable and non-invasive) +bomb
2.- Invasive reliable meter + bomb
3.- Pump
4.- Reliable meter

DiabetesForo
08/21/2012 3:18 p.m.

Hello:

I have a continuous sensor some days + bomb and I agree with this man.I consider that they should finance it since it is very expensive and those who have been evolving about 30 years, I started with 8 years, and that of hypoglycemia a 50% of the time it is asymptomatic, sometimes I am less than 20 and I have no symptoms.This would save us comas and hospital admissions.
My twin sister is diabetic like me and the same thing happens to me, the other day they called the sem PQ lost consciousness in the street and was 10mg of glycemia. If I had the sensor it would not have happened to him.

DiabetesForo
09/25/2012 8:41 a.m.

I believe that financing continuous meters and their consumables is somewhat unstoppable.Studies will appear that support the improvement of treatment with these devices.And that is what the health administration needs to start thinking that you will have to finance them yes or yes.I just hope it is sooner rather than later.

As for the title of the thread ... I have it clear.Continuous meter.The bomb does not guarantee me success in my diabetes control and the meter either, but the second improves the quality of life and gives me a bestial tranquility.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
09/26/2012 7:39 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

The continuous meter is the future, and they will soon discover that it is a saving of strips and health ...

I am pregnant and if there are already X files in "normal life", during pregnancy it is horrible.One day I need 30% more insulin and others less, because thanks to Dexcom, I never reached more than 180 and it is very easy to realize that the trend is done up or did the basal and increase the basal without having hypers or hypos.Today they have given me the last analytics and 5.3 with hardly any hypos.If the US forums will see that it is a "quite normal" hem for people who use the newspaper El Dexcom ...

tica's profile photo
tica
09/26/2012 10:05 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

I am very ethical, a hemoglobin like this ..., the child will be super healthy, and you will also be phenomenal, I when a strong dizziness of bad control is pregnant
And above the doctor who is an hour like?If I couldn't keep up!I was tested my childbirth with 8 months of pregnancy and I was born with 4.60 and the incubator almost 2 weeks
Thank God he is now six years old and he is a healthy child but what experience do you know 'when breasts have bad sugar in pregnancy we produce more liquid anniotic than other breasts
And that is the problem, I am 35 years old and I would like to go for the second, what we always say the breasts "that is not alone" and when they are older than they have where to rely each other but ...
Do not leave me the doctors, because my hemo is 7.6 that although it has enough to go down more, and my rice passes me ... but what is clear that thinking coldly is better to leave it like this
I do not want the baby to have a bad time or me either, but with a meter all exchange, one day I know that I will have it but until it arrives ... but it is not your case you are doing very well, by the meter
Or without him, you will see that everything goes very great also you have a hem that more than one@ he would like to have, henorabuena for that 5

aurora2's profile photo
aurora2
09/26/2012 5:15 p.m.

Aurora, if you want another child, do not stop diabetes, with effort you can get.And you've seen how much you have improved in half a year and surely you will continue to improve.Stop for the thread of pregnancies, there is a girl who has lowered the hem of eight and peak to seven and will soon give her green light to try.Also during pregnancy we become very responsible :)

tica's profile photo
tica
09/27/2012 9:36 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

Tica, I was always responsible, what I had was complete ignorance, when I had the high sugar, I never gave me to run then
I did not know what could be done, and see that it does not miss an endocrine appointment, or with the educator, but everything was the insulin to 2 units
And so, every six months that gave me the appointment, how can it be?I learned here in the forum much more than with endocrine
He told me about correjir, and he told me that it could not be done because ..., the sugar varies and you could get well suddenPayment that I take the insulin, if I was below 80 no insulin, and almost entered me through the ketone, total I have some expected with the "professionals" that you do not see. But good how important I already learned many things, and..... Boy almost ahead of her, diabetes.Thank you very much for your support.

aurora2's profile photo
aurora2
09/28/2012 6:48 a.m.

I would choose continuous meter, it is a pass to me have put it in the hospital only for 7 days to try to see what happens with my glycemia and I am delighted, I hurt that I must deliver it tomorrow Monday :(

chuniña's profile photo
chuniña
10/21/2012 12:08 p.m.

DIABETICA TIPO 1, debut 1999, varias complicaciones( Neuropatía diabética, Cardiopatía Isquémica....)
Novorapid: 1/4/5 Tresiba 0/0/23
Sensor Freestyle Libre

Well, I would have left it for a long time, I would put a thousand excuses, as you want one even if it is buying it and you would be interested to know better about its operation or something else, they will have it saved in a drawer to the next patient, andHow were you okay?I would give me a lot of peace of mind, but where I live they do not offer it to you, or the very kids are silent, that if it is not here I do not find out about the gluconometro expert.

aurora2's profile photo
aurora2
10/21/2012 12:34 p.m.

If the Dexcom Seven has gone very well, how bad the sensor sticker gives me itching sometimes I don't know if it will be normal.If tomorrow I will ask but also for economy I could not buy it, it is seen that they only have one Dexcom throughout the hospital so tomorrow at 8h there they have to put it on another patient.

chuniña's profile photo
chuniña
10/21/2012 12:42 p.m.

DIABETICA TIPO 1, debut 1999, varias complicaciones( Neuropatía diabética, Cardiopatía Isquémica....)
Novorapid: 1/4/5 Tresiba 0/0/23
Sensor Freestyle Libre

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.