New here

malefica33's profile photo   01/25/2015 11:12 a.m.

Hello my name is Alberto, from Madrid.I am 44 years old and I am a diabetic since the 11th. TRANSFERING ON THE INTERNET I have found with you and I feel like joining the forum.

Regarding my diabetes ... Until the age of 24 I was considered a "modeling" diabetic with very controlled glycems, hemoglobimas always below 7, athlete with therapy of only two punctures of meacla of insulinas ... when I turned 24 andI started working the thing changing and my "dsscontrol" began ..... until today.I am currently with multiple dose of insulin (6 daily punctures of Lantus + Apidra).My hemoglobins are always between 7 and 9 and in the last 2 years I have had various complications directly related to diabetes, right -eye retinopathy treated with laser, silent infarction, revascularized coronary heart disease, hypertension and erectile dysfunction with Ams 700 Protestis implant.

As you can see now I am a diabetic example of, everything that can become a poorly controlled diabetic.

I've been asking for treatment with ISCI years, but they don't consider me within the group of patients with the right to it.

Anyway ... still I still consider a positive person.

I hope to help you with what I can and obtain from you the information and help I see you give the forum partners.

All the best.

malefica33's profile photo
malefica33
01/25/2015 11:12 a.m.

Madrid, 44 años, DMID desde los 11 años. Terapia: Bomba Accu-Chek Spirit Combo (Humalog). SMCG Freestyle Libre. Complicaciomes: IAM. Enfermedad coronaria sereva ravascularizada, retinopatia OD, DE Implante protesis AMS 700.

Welcome to the forum!Surely you can contribute a lot of sight and keep trying to get the bomb, one of the criteria is not to get good control with multiple doses of insulin.

beti's profile photo
beti
01/25/2015 9:42 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Welcome!

Regina's profile photo
Regina
01/26/2015 1:15 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Welcome, Alberto.

My son debuted with 11 years, like you.And, for the moment, it has a reasonable control ... as you took to 24 years.
Why that change at 24?Was it predictable?Would it have been rectible?
Your experience can be very useful.Thanks for sharing it.

aaandres's profile photo
aaandres
01/26/2015 10:14 a.m.

Padre de Andrés, 17 años. Debut: septiembre de 2011.
Levemir (30ud. mañana y 24ud. noche) y Novorapid (en desayuno, comida, merienda y cena 40ud aprox - 24HC/día).
Medidor continuo DEXCOM G4 desde julio 2014
Hemo: 6.2 (Sept. 2013), 7.0 (Dic. 2013), 6.9 (Marzo 2014), 6,6 (Junio 2014), 6,7 (Sept. 2014), 7,0 (Dic. 2014), 7,7 (Mar 2015), 6,9 (Jul. 2015), 7,0 (Sept 2015), 7,4 (Dic 2015), 6,8 (Mar 2016), 6,6 (Julio 2016), 6,8 (Octubre2016)... 7,0 (Mar 2018)

Yes, how was your lack of control?I also remember the time to start working as the toughest and the ones that were worse.But what did you do, did not click anything or simply not looked at the sugar and ate a lot?

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
01/26/2015 10:55 a.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

Hello!Welcome!!!
I have taken a good control but DSD that I have had my son is like k Diabetes has been a bit relegated ... (few controls ... high glycemia ... low ... a little mess ...) I amaware of it but I suppose k they are stages ...:/

AnNa's profile photo
AnNa
01/26/2015 12:10 p.m.

THANKS OOR THE WELCOME.

You ask me about my lack of control ..... I blame my job.A lot.When he gets anthronar again, lack of control.The last analytical, of January of this year gave a hemoglobin of 8.1.

I think with Uja Vooveria at normal levels.

malefica33
01/26/2015 7:06 p.m.

Madrid, 44 años, DMID desde los 11 años. Terapia: Bomba Accu-Chek Spirit Combo (Humalog). SMCG Freestyle Libre. Complicaciomes: IAM. Enfermedad coronaria sereva ravascularizada, retinopatia OD, DE Implante protesis AMS 700.

Sherpa41 Cokenta if I did not control or punctured me ... if I punctured me, never to prick me.And to control me then it is sometimes complicated.

My profession is the director of an office of a financial entity.

malefica33
01/26/2015 7:09 p.m.

Maleficent, still fighting for the pump. It would be very good, because it is programmed by sections.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
01/27/2015 12:57 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Hello again.

Excuse me for not writing again.I have had to go for travel reasons ...... And when I return, 4 days ago ....... surprise .... I already have my insulin bomb.It is an accu Chek Combo Spirit.I will be trying it for a few days and then connect it to me.

At 44 I almost cried when they gave me the box !!!!

Now I am like a kid with a mobile of these latest generation, looking for as a crazy accessories !!!I have seen some comments about online stores where they are sold ....

I will tell you.

malefica33
05/13/2015 9:53 p.m.

malefic33 said:
sherpa41 cokenta if I did not control or punctuate me ... if I punctured me, never to prick me.And to control me then it is sometimes complicated.

My profession is the director of an office of a financial entity.

We are co -workers, although I am not a director.It may also be influencing stress.I would recommend that you run in the afternoon if you can.It takes away all the stress that you accumulate at work and you regulate snow better

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
05/13/2015 11:27 p.m.

Can anyone tell me useful accessories for the pump?

malefica33
05/15/2015 12:25 a.m.

Thank you Joseludi .... I am considering leaving the address .... It is responsible for many of my complications, including my heart attack.You also know how the entities are at this time ... I think we are reaching the Sumun of selfishness

malefica33
05/15/2015 12:27 a.m.

Maleficent33 congratulations on the pump!I also just started with her.
I think the Novalab sell accessories for bombs ( Link and perhaps those of Medtronic ( Link

Inday's profile photo
Inday
05/15/2015 12:34 a.m.

If all these laboratories sell accessories for their bombs, but I look for something different ...., On the 26th of this month there is a formative session for bomb users and the commercial laboratory commercial that would give me information on a page that you know, Spanish, who sells handmade accessories for bombs and other diabetic accessories.If you are interested, I'm telling you ...

I have seen pages in the US with very nice things, but shipping costs are almost higher than the product and then pays the value of taxes, which are being very hard on the Treasury.

Thanks Inday.What bomb do you use?Where are you from?

malefica33
05/15/2015 8:29 p.m.

I use the animas Vibe that has integrated the Dexcom G4 receiver.
I am from Madrid but right now I live in the US.

Inday's profile photo
Inday
05/15/2015 9:12 p.m.

Hello everyone.I still don't get to the bomb because I started a month ago and I really know very little bombs, so I will appreciate all the information they add.I live in Mexico and at the moment I attend myself in a particular way, but in a few days I will register in Social Security.
I have some doubts.In the morning my levels are now between 100-120 (I understand that the normal ones are 80-90), but at night they are also very close to 100, when I think they should be around 140. Is there anything that should take care of?Does it have to be exactly 2 hours after starting my snack?
I will appreciate your comment and encouragement to all.

Saraester's profile photo
Saraester
05/16/2015 2:27 p.m.

Inicio abril 15, 2015
Hb glucosilada 9.5
Lantus o Humulin 30 unidades

You are moving in good saraester values

Gala's profile photo
Gala
05/17/2015 4:13 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

Hello, I recently entered the forum and when reading Alberto's experience, comment that the same thing happened to me with the subject of work.
They detected diabetes almost 10 years ago.At first the glycosylated were good but because I had my own insulin for quite some time and because Levemir caused me enough hypoglycemia, which is not ideal either.

I lost my job and joined work in the press photography sector, having to take the car quite a lot and for the insecurity (and the fear of the hypos) before the steering wheel, the schedules and deliveries not very regular and urgent, the shame ofMeasure or to click in front of the public ... I also uncontrolled a lot for about four years, although I think I never exceeds 8.7.In the end I decided to put priorities in my life, and look for a job of less hours, less income, less attractive, but that would allow me to think about me, do some sport, take care of friendships.Anyway, I think it was a good investment and my motivation is also greater now than then.

In any case, and I say it by the question of Andrés's father, I think it is importantMeter in the middle of a meeting in an environment of little confidence, or it is easy to think "I measure me later ..".In the end, these exceptions become the general rule.I speak for my experience ...

Wish you good results with the pump.I realize that the important thing is to be motivated and feel curious how to improve our controls;)

eriantha's profile photo
eriantha
05/17/2015 10:52 p.m.

Hi Eriantha (how difficult this is made of the nicks).

Thank you, wishes, I hope you improve with the pump.

The issue of work I have always considered that it is my fault, I was the one who started to break with the disciplines, as you know the diabetes does not hurt and once you jump your daily diabetic routine and you see that nothing happens you do many times..... The problem is that complications come in the long term ...

Regarding the labor market ..... I have changed 4 times of company, I have always communicated my diabetes and never have any problem ... but there will be other cases.

malefica33
05/19/2015 10:14 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.