Pump and sensor

DiabetesForo's profile photo   08/23/2012 5:09 a.m.

Hello,

I have been reading you carefully, but among so much information I do not clarify much, so I raise my doubts to see if you can help me:

I am valuing to buy a bomb and its continuous sensor, since after the change to the Lantus I cannot finish controlling myself correctly and I have many glycemia ups and downs.

What do you think of the Medtronic System "Minimed Paradigm® Real-Time Revel ™ System"?

I guess the pump will be expensive, I have already saved for that, but what can cost the consumables monthly?

When buying it, would you enter any consumable by the SS?

If someone can guide me about this and the sensor calibration frequency would be very grateful.

One last thing: Does the pump propose a dose/frequency or do you modify it?

Sorry to ask such simple questions, but I am very green on the subject.

Thank you in advance for your help.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
08/23/2012 5:09 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I don't have a long time to answer you, but if you live in Spain, try to put the bomb for the SS, where are you from?The sensor does not subsidize it but the pump and the fungible material if, at least in some communities.

The continuous meter, I carry the Dexcom, and four sensors are close to 400 euros.Each sensor lasts between 2 and 3 weeks, so I realize ... but the issuer that I do not remember how much it costs, but TB about 500 euros or something and lasts a long year, almost two

tica's profile photo
tica
08/23/2012 5:22 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

Hi Kraken:
where are you from?Have you raised to your endocrine the topic bomb?have they denied it?
The adaptation to the pump must be supervised by an endocrine and I understand that if social security is not disregarded, they do not take care of the consumables.
I carry the Medtronic pump but without the sensor, it is the bomb that is part of the system that you say but without the sensor.
The bomb has to be programmed according to your needs, both the basal and then the bowling and you can change it if your needs change.
To know the prices it is best to get in touch with Medtronic

DiabetesForo
08/23/2012 5:40 a.m.

Well, what Tica says, if you live in Spain the bombs are financed 100%.
Not in all hospitals they put bombs, Dinos where you live more or less and maybe we can tell you any of the hospitals.

The pump is only an infusion device.
It is like a dropper, that you will have seen any even if it is on TV;Inject the medication according to a speed that is set.
In the case of the pump, the device is electronic ... a basal is programmed (rather different schedules according to each one) and according to the sensitivity of insulin, the pump can suggest an insulin amount for a certain amount of hydratescarbon
You also have the possibility of directly putting the number of insulin units that you consider.

The pump only uses ultra -grapid insulin: novorapid, humalog or apidra

As for prices, normally the pumps are financed via leasing, about € 225 per month that includes spare parts and the pump are usually paid.
The pump is not paid on the one hand and on the other consumables.

If you wanted to buy it privately, I understand that a doctor should supervise you ... it is not worth anyone to ask and pay it.
As Prado says, but they take you in a public hospital, they will not finance consumables.

As for the sensors.
A couple of links:
-

-

DiabetesForo
08/23/2012 5:47 a.m.

Thank you all for your information.I am close to Barcelona, ​​my endocrine is from the "Sant Joan de Deu" hospital in Martorell.

I told my endocrine on the last visit the possibility of the bomb and told me to wait for me, that the system should still evolve.

The truth is that now my work is more office and I think it would allow me to take it without danger, etc.On the other hand, I also have time and site during the day to do all the necessary controls, so I think I could improve my diabetes control.

After 20 years, they have changed me to the Lantus and I haven't just adapted, and they have already given me 2 nocturnal hypos as I had not had in life.The days that I do sports is very difficult for me to adapt the dose of slow, in short, that I think I should try it.

I will insist on the next visit to the endocrine, to see if I have more luck.

Thank you all again.

Juanma.

DiabetesForo
08/23/2012 12:13 p.m.

That hospital is very good in pediatrics, I am sure they put bombs ... but it is so you always have the right to send you to another hospital and put it on you.

This is the Royal Decree that regulates insulin pumps: Link ... -12217.pdf
They are just 2 pages :))
As you can see the criteria are very lax, very much to interpret home one what you want ...
The patient's will is always very important, that they see that you are convinced and that you already have information ...

DiabetesForo
08/23/2012 1:33 p.m.

Thank you very much Owash.The very interesting links and the very cool web.

The overflowing decree :))

I will insist on my endocrine when I have learned it hehehe.

We will continue to inform...

DiabetesForo
08/24/2012 4:51 a.m.

Good Kraken here in Castilla y León according to a doctor to grant the bomb is how it comes in that royal decree, the only thing that glycosilada is from 7.5 (maybe this is a matter of doctors) you can also claim that the oraaries ofMeals are not regular.
As for prices (all are approximate) the doctor who told us the above, the sensor is € 60 and lasts 2 or 3 weeks (cheating) and the transmitter is € 1000 and hard + or - one year and the fungible + or -€ 300 The box of 10.
The bomb must cost € 3600 on a German page (I found it at the beginning when looking for information).This is for Metronic's.
But one thing with the continuous meter at least Metronic's do not get rid of making hair glycems (a day they are minimum 2 to calibrate the sensor).In addition, as decisions (before meals) pump instructions you have to take them with capillary blood glucose (because the interstitial fluid has 15 min delay with respect to hair glycemia.

samozeus's profile photo
samozeus
08/24/2012 7:13 a.m.

DM1 desde el 81 antes de naranjito.
Con bomba desde 2012
Minimed Veo parading
Minimed 640g desde 06/2015
Minimed 640g desde 19/03/2016 la 2a
Minimed 780g desde el 23/03/2021
Hemoglobina 12/01/2021->6.1
28/07/2021-> 6.4

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.