FREQUENCY CATERTE INSULIN PUMP

Horacio's profile photo   01/31/2015 12:57 p.m.

Hello, I am the Pope of a 10 -year -old girl who has a Medtronic Bomb a month ago.
Our problem is that we have to change the catheter every 1.5 days, since from there the glucose levels are triggered.We have tried several models, measures and insertion points, but we continue with the same problem.Our question in case someone has any similar experience and has been able to solve the problem.My daughter uses Apidra and from the day and a half I think it stops absorbing her and we have to change site.
Thank you very much and greetings ...

Horacio's profile photo
Horacio
01/31/2015 12:57 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi Horacio.. Is it curious what you tell, it ever happened to me but the third day, and I change it every three. And when you change the catheter returns to normal glycems? Is it very thin? Because maybe you have thatpopulate in areas with more subcutaneous tissue (high buttock zone ...) .. I hope you solve it soon.

beti's profile photo
beti
01/31/2015 9:01 p.m.

Hi Beti, when I change the catheter again has normal glycemias, although I have to reduce the basal because the last accumulated insulin should be left and assimilate it little by little and the next day it rises very fair.
I have begun to change it every 1.5 days so that this does not happen.I have already tried to put it in the upper area of ​​the buttock, but the same thing happens ... I no longer know what to do ... I have read in a forum that the bombs work better with a novorapid, which crystallizes less.She uses Apidra.What insulin do you use? ... Thank you very much for answering.

All the best...

Horacio's profile photo
Horacio
02/01/2015 3:16 p.m.

I usually change it every three, but it is true that now in pregnancy the educator told me to do it every two because something similar happened to me (in my case I am very sensitive and I am filled with blood often, because of whatthat less insulin enters).
I use Novorapid.

Aryi's profile photo
Aryi
02/02/2015 12:17 a.m.

DM1 desde 1992
Bomba insulina Medtronic

I use Lispro (Humalog) and I am happy.I, I would not be surprised if it was the reason if you have already tried almost everything ...

beti's profile photo
beti
02/02/2015 10:30 p.m.

We will try insulin change.Thank you very much for answering ...

Horacio's profile photo
Horacio
02/03/2015 3:51 p.m.

horacio said:
we will try insulin change.Thank you very much for answering ...

Hi Horacio,
I don't know what the forum date is, but did you solve the problem with insulin change?The same thing happens to my 14 -year -old daughter for a couple of years.
Thank you

AROA's profile photo
AROA
03/22/2021 12:28 p.m.

Good Aroa.The problem was not insulin.Apparently it has some intolerance to the catheter Teflon.We have changed another manual insertion whose needle is surgical and the problem is over.It comes to change every 2 days, but we do it every 3 and without problem ... it is from Medtronic and its name is southern.I think that is also the solution to your daughter.I hope it helps you.All the best...

Horacio's profile photo
Horacio
03/22/2021 1:30 p.m.

If you want, tell me your email or phone to send you a box and explain how it is used, and, if you do well, you already ask your doctor ...

Horacio's profile photo
Horacio
03/22/2021 1:43 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.