Piece of needle!

aurora2's profile photo   08/23/2012 9:37 a.m.

Today, I went for replacement needles for insulin bolis, the same is an issue that has already been spoken here but ... my mother!When they were giving it to "count drops"
In a bag like the ones they give, when I buy sweets for my son in any kiosk, I saw them rositas and thought that funny pinks, accruing being rather for children, Jooo, when I put them on my mother who agujon!They are of O, 33x12.7mm, which scares, as it impresses a little, but well the advantage that insulin enters safe and well pa, inside.

aurora2's profile photo
aurora2
08/23/2012 9:37 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

12mm ?????:-/ I would return them .... normally, which one do you use?

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
08/23/2012 12:35 p.m.

Nor from the codes you click with those needles ... the 5 mm are the ideals for anyone;at most 8 and oblique.

I just clicks with the 12 and "I almost bleed up" ...

DiabetesForo
08/23/2012 1:16 p.m.

For those who have a belly, I have the ideal one with those of 12, those of 8 use them for the slow insulin that I put in my thigh

manolo82's profile photo
manolo82
08/23/2012 3:06 p.m.

I already said that it was very large that I had before or, 25x8mm I know why search in the depths of my bag
And I found one, that's why I measured them, before, he never gave me to look but ... when these new ones did not see, and they are rositas
And everything, now I have to manage with those there are no others but well ... while they make their function we are doing, well, before saying goodbye
Excuse me, it seems that I put the post where it is not, I cost a job to look for my own ad, for me that I put it in bombs and new ....., but I am
If someone is so kind to pass it to your place, scheme I don't do it and thanks for the answers.

aurora2's profile photo
aurora2
08/23/2012 3:16 p.m.

What you can do is click on oblique or not nail the needle at all

manolo82's profile photo
manolo82
08/23/2012 3:18 p.m.

Aurora gives you the needles because the 12 mm will not buy them again, they will have a large stock and want to get rid of them.
In your place, I would not shut up ... you should ask for those of 5 or in its place those of 8.

Apper needle and technique long recommendations according to patient group:

- Needle length: 4mm, 5 mm, 6mm and 8mm syringe for all people, including obese people.With pinch on thighs and arms for thin people and children;along with an angle of 45 degrees on thighs and arms.
- Injections in adults can be 90 degrees (straight angle with the skin) with needles of 4.5 and 6 mm ... without the need for pinch.
- Pellizco mandatory if 8 mm needles and 45 degree angle are used
- There is no evidence that needles of size greater than 8 mm are more effective for insulin injection.

DiabetesForo
08/23/2012 4:10 p.m.

Well, for now, everything is rare, very rare, after eating at noon at three o'clock I did the test and was 230 and Correji with 2 of RapidIt is 283, how long without seeing it this high ..., the chance is chance but ... if the thing is still like this tomorrow
Boy to the town next door, because there are no others according to me.

aurora2's profile photo
aurora2
08/23/2012 5:04 p.m.

Well it's better 200, less bad

aurora2's profile photo
aurora2
08/23/2012 6:42 p.m.

There is God of 12 ... that they have to be harpoons ... I am not surprised to be scared.I don't understand how they give them….So I have understood that measures are almost for extreme cases in a planning and much.
When I started they gave me the 8 and Puf I got huge purple and also hurt me (I am rather thin) thanks to the forum I met those of 5. I am one of the only ones who use it in my center and every time theI ask me, what is it for your baby?And I explain again the story ……
I do not plan to change after the discovery.
Greetings.

Quim's profile photo
Quim
08/24/2012 4:55 a.m.

I weight 57 kilos, I am not chubby, or as little as a stick but .... It shows a lot the difference from one to another, for the moment ..
They told me in the doctor, that the others would soon bring me with those long ones, we will expect .....

aurora2's profile photo
aurora2
08/24/2012 5:24 a.m.

Goodssss !!
12?My mother, I spend like you quim, they gave me the 8 and small moratones, now I use those of 5 and I am delighted.

anabeg's profile photo
anabeg
08/24/2012 5:27 a.m.

57 kg?And seriously that those of 12 do not go through you: shock :?I measure 1.80 and weight 70 kg and I promise you that those of 8 made me dust.
If it were you, I would fervently complain, that it is that you manage while you can ... what a little shame, how they don't have to prick them….(Not putting it insults + insults + insults hehehe: twisted :)
Can't you make any kind of claim or formal complaint?Go to another center to ask for them?Something?
I am very angry that things like this happen: Evil :: Evil :: Evil :.

Quim's profile photo
Quim
08/24/2012 5:47 a.m.

Quim, the needles I say in my health center, today I went to another closest medical center, and at least the needles taught me
How to excuse themselves saying?There are no others, do not believe that I am one of the ones I shut up, small claims sheets that I have already put, one day
I put it to the health district as everyone blamed them for "if you give you less district" than "the endocrine visits you from year to the district", because ... to be sent them, and I visited me personally, on that subject it was because of the strips, when he saw me enter, the very shameless made his hand to the head saying aloud, man I thought a person with obesity and greater and such, and I ask him why?And the good ... a young person with problems with diabetes, and I told him then there are, I think that if we all complain about things with "motibo" these things would not happen, I, if there is no solution look ...As in this case I will wait for them to bring and this is already, but there are other things that do not even happen.

aurora2's profile photo
aurora2
08/24/2012 7:17 a.m.

Aurora2 forgive, do not hesitate, if you had not complained.Much less thought about offending you (I hope it is not so:?).
The issue is that in two years I do not get used to the punctures and give me the needles:-/ ... and of course more fear give me those of 12. I just think that someone has a bad time unnecessarily with how hard this is alreadyIn case, it saddens me and enraged me at the same time.I suppose this is a generic sensation among the foreros.I hope they give you the smallest ones soon.
Quim hugs

Quim's profile photo
Quim
08/24/2012 8:44 a.m.

Quim?You didn't bother me, much less, hahaha, gave that impression?God as shame, a woman who is not ... I just tried to expilcar that we all had
Let us complain about these things and defend our rights as diabetics that we are, forgive me if I could not express myself well ... By telling me to put any claim, I wanted to understand that I, if I put them, but I wanted to say it in good ways in any wayI wanted anyone to be offended or anything like that,
It is what happens that since we do not see each other, it is only in writing sometimes we badly interpret things, one day I spend that I wrote with mayor and Owash told me
That seemed that I shouted, I assure you that I am very calm, it is ignorance ... not knowing some things, besides, I am grateful that you help me more than the doctors themselves, walk woman ... and forgive meYou, a kiss

aurora2's profile photo
aurora2
08/24/2012 9:30 a.m.

Aurora2 Forgive do not hesitate, if you were not complained.Much less thought about offending you (I hope it is not so:?).
The issue is that in two years I do not get used to the punctures and give me the needles:-/ ... and of course more fear give me those of 12. I just think that someone has a bad time unnecessarily with how hard this is alreadyIn case, it saddens me and enraged me at the same time.I suppose this is a generic sensation among the foreros.I hope they give you the smallest ones soon.
Quim hugs

Hello quim,
Have you tried these needles? ... It happened to me at the beginning, and they recommended them.They are great.They do not cause bruises (I am also thin)

Greetings to the forum!

olmo's profile photo
olmo
08/24/2012 9:44 a.m.

Olmo, it will be that I am not used to it, but today for example before eating I put the insulin in the gut and blood a little and everything, and it seems that a little insulin would come out with the blood, because I have itRight to 300 already Correji, but yesterday I pass the same, Alomejor is not of the needles, all -all, the same, in a month I get used to and phenomenal but now ... uf, whatever I will do, it will be, not, not theI will fully in the
Ban better than better, there are times that in writing it seems that ... we are like angry to carry the reason, and I respect the decision and opinion of each one, okay?Thanks Olmo for your contribution.

aurora2's profile photo
aurora2
08/24/2012 1:44 p.m.

The novofine are probably the best quality needles in the market, so they do not produce bruises, they go like silk ... They are also the most expensive.
The self -verified that Olmo has linked, are especially thought of hospital environments and for patients ... have a system that prevents their reuse.

Aurora, who clicks with a 12 mm needle is an aberration ... only if necessary and there is no other solution should be allowed.
If you have to do it because it does not have more needles do it with very little inclination (never click on rectum) and with a good pinch, the pen should be almost parallel to the skin ... otherwise you will nail the very deep needle with the danger with the dangerThat you click outside the subcutaneous tissue (you would arrive almost in blood directly)

DiabetesForo
08/24/2012 2:11 p.m.

Yes, Owash, I will do so, thanks

aurora2's profile photo
aurora2
08/24/2012 5:06 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.