How to take the family .....

Joya's profile photo   09/09/2012 6:22 p.m.

If the debutante has it annoyed until it gets used (and more when it is small), relatives sometimes do not know how to carry it, or what to do, or how to behave.

In the case of my relatives, I recognize that it is still very soon (2 weeks) so that their body and mind are normalized to the new situation, but they are taking it fatal, especially grandparents, who are always with the kidsof the family.

What can others do to help?How to tell someone older to keep going if a fat stick has been taken with a granddaughter?

How did your families cope with it?

Joya's profile photo
Joya
09/09/2012 6:22 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello jewel, I think it is a question of time and learning.Such news is not assimilated in a second, and then each person is different, some face the problems in one form and others in another ... but disgust, anger, fear ... that there is no one to take itof a stroke.It is best to get down to work as soon as possible, learn a lot about the disease, treatment, effects, etc., this produces security and therefore greater peace of mind.Children, usually adapt soon, maybe they have worse the injections, but in general they are champions that give us many lessons.
Much encouragement for grandparents.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
09/10/2012 3:37 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

The injections is totally true ..... it is what they carry, to cry they go to anger and they do not put it at all easy, I understand that over time it becomes something that is part of your life.

The elders have no choice but to get to work for the good of the child, learn, control .... it is what there is, and with the new technologies you are more informed and less scared, but the older ones ....They do not know where to throw and cost them .... until they stay with them for a while for the fear of something happens.

Would it be good for them to also be taught to click and control the sugar or better to accompany and help in other tasks?

Joya's profile photo
Joya
09/10/2012 8:31 a.m.

Jewel, the beginnings are hard, you have to accept a new irremediable reality, but I totally agree with Velia, it is best to get down to work, learn everything necessary for the child to lead a life as standardized as possible.
If in your family they want to get involved phenomenal, teach it as glucometer, notions of hypoglycemia and hyperglycemia, signs of hypoglycemia and treatment, giving juice, cookies etc.Performing a glycemia measurement is easy, the same if you are an older person it costs a little more, but you can always make a chop with a large print with basic instructions.If not and for fear or for whatever they do not want to learn, and they are not willing to prick the child for example, it will have to accept it.
In my case I will tell you that I have both examples, my mother refused to prick the child, but not even glymia, at this point he calls my son's diabetes, "the problem", what are you going to do?angry?There is no other to accept it.The rest of my family is involved.
I do not know how to say, without sounding insensitive, but now focus on your daughter, she needs you now, because no matter how hard the blow for family members, the one who has diabetes is the child.

mornita's profile photo
mornita
09/10/2012 12:14 p.m.

Thank you very much Mornita, we are all in it.My mother today has already measured, she says that although he does not know how to prick insulin at least that he can make measurements to know if he is low, high or normal, and knowing he ends up clicking insu.My father takes it much worse, I don't know if he will be able to the topic punctures .... But at least everything he can with meals can help and accompany, which is also a lot.

We do what we can, but I am out Intuy that they have given a considerable downturn and that worries me.I hope that little by little we go up.

Joya's profile photo
Joya
09/10/2012 5:03 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.