They give me 4 reactive strips per day

DiabetesForo's profile photo   09/12/2012 11:42 a.m.

Hello, good months ago that I registered in the forum, in fact, although I have not written practically I read a lot, I consider that what I have learned about how to live acceptably with diabetes I have learned here.

Not to roll up, on April 26 I started with insulin and sugar controls at least 6 times a day.They did me the glycosylated hemoglobin at the end of June and I was 7.8 and now in September I have managed to go down to 6.4, I do not know how and this I seriously say.

I carry with a badly fixed device since mid -July and I have definitely confirmed it at the end of August, because with the insecurity of not knowing, it gave me 40 and at 15 minutes 90 or 200, I blamed everything that I did not wash my hands.Enough, I did not control the consumption of hydrates, did not calculate the insulin, the fact is that I consulted my nurse, and he told me that we are the ones who know each other best but did not offer me any solution.

Well, the fact is that now when I pass through the endocrine, it tells me that under no circumstances will it put in the report 6 daily strips because it is clear that I have controlled rations for the result of 6.4.

I tell him that I do not have it so clear, that this has been pure chiripoccasions and the last days when I had already given me another provisional apparatus correcting me when I was in 200 or more.

I also comment that of course I am going to do sports and that would already be the fourth control and tells me that it does not have, that if I do a control before eating and then instead of the 2 hours I endure until the time of theSport, about 7 would take advantage and kill two birds with a shot.

Let's see, I do not know if I am very bad thought, that it can be, I have been with insulin for less than 6 months on October 26 and I would not see myself much less prepared for this reduction but she has told me that soI do not destroy my fingers and it sounds to me, with which my conclusion is "we are only going to give you 4 the rest of them on your own" and well, in normal circumstances, if I were working then well for me to fightI pay them and ready but it is not the case.

I don't know, tell me anything because I don't know what to do.

Thanks in advance.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
09/12/2012 11:42 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi Begotxu,

Well, go fabric ... for what I have read here that of the strips is based on the community in which you live.
I don't know if it will help you but I was put in problems to give me the ones I needed.Then my endocrine hospital made a note saying what I needed and why, and since then no problem.I also have to say that I am pregnant and now it is all simpler in that sense.
But the truth is that when it is not one thing it is another with the matter of the strips.
For me four daily are very few, minimum six.
But the truth is that I don't know how you can solve it.Maybe talking to another endocrine ...

Sugared's profile photo
Sugared
09/12/2012 12:46 p.m.

Holassss

The useless of your endocrine (with love) tells you those of the 4 daily glycemia because the useless of the commission in charge of the Spanish Diabetes Society, perpetrated this document: Link 202012.pdf

Those recommendations are those of the "experts" ... obviously no patient has participated, much less with type 1 diabetes and much less with 2 fingers.

If you go to page 16 of the document, you will see that there are 2 situations: stable and unstable ... which has associated a daily analysis number.
I do not know any person with type 1 diabetes with stable blood glucose ... unless it is understood as stable to be between 70 and 200.

A glycosilada of 6.4% (congratulations already by the way, because you have part of guilt in that good result) does not mean that you are stable ... It means that you have a glycemia average of132;but that you can vary the values ​​between 60 and 200 ... if we add 60+200 give us 260;If we divide it by 2 (the number of glycemias) gives us the average of 130 ... that is, that is not stability because it varies between 60 and 200 does not fit in my head that nobody calls it stability (except a doctor "committed"With political causes).
I don't know if I have explained

In my opinion you should put a complaint in the service to the patient, attaching these recommendations and justifying why you are unstable, glycemic speaking.
And demanding the 6 or 7 daily strips that correspond to you and that advise the "experts."
Probably your endocrine is very good clinically, it will take all the reviews well (I suppose) and in due time ... for everything else, better to look for life itself and in any case go to the educator in diabetes in search of informationNo clinical.

DiabetesForo
09/12/2012 1:23 p.m.

Hello, again, I'm already happy.Thanks for the information and suggestions, I think they will be of great help.At the moment, I tell you:

The educator has called me, it turns out that the other day when I went to the endocrine apart from the strips, he told me that they recommended the bomb and made a steering wheel to see how I worked in case I raised it.I really, with the mosqueo that I had with the strips is that I didn't even think about it, I passed it to the nurse and mine threw it out there at home.The fact is that today it has called me to tell me that in October there is a demonstration course, well I have not attended too much because I love water and it should not be very compatible with the pool, which in principle I think I do notwill interest;I have already rolled up, what I am going to be that I have taken the opportunity to tell him what Owash has told me and that I was going to claim in patient care and he told me that: "Woman you don't have to put on that plan everything can be said,If you want I talk to the doctor, "we think it's half resolved.Thank you Owash thank you very much, I really saw it super black because in the consultation they did not give me option but now it seems that the thing will be fixed.Thank you also to Sugaged for interested but it is true that the things change drasticly and logically if you are pregnant, there I think they do not put any paste and it would be good for them to reach those heights.

The truth is that I am euphoric, I had this super worried theme.Apart from, I insist I carry with the minimum glucometer a month and a half, so that the 6.4 has been pure potra.

Tonight, out of pure curiosity, when I woke up, before diabetes I slept like the blankets, I looked at my sugar, I have always thought that if I woke up it was because I had high sugar because it is usually to go to the bathroom, and it turns outI had 61, I went to bed with 90 but I looked at the sugar 3 hours after dinner because it is the maximum that the effect of insulin lasts in theory.I have taken milk with Nesquick and I got up with 135. That makes me wonder if I will not have had low sugar and I haven't heard.I don't know, let's see if someone can tell me something.

DiabetesForo
09/13/2012 9:22 a.m.

Hi BGTXU.lo K comment has happened to me during my DM1 disease over about 39 years .. I have always solved it as follows in my next appointment to the endocrine I ask you to please prick my finger to make meA glycosuria half of the time or is afraid to challenge the injector the case is that I almost does not come out blood and I tell you that with the strips you give me I can make a career !!!!, it happens many times the same withThe needles I make 6 meals a day plus the basal insulin are 7 needles 7 x 3 210 needles plus the corrections have to give me three boxes, and there are days that only take me one.I think that disaster but before I was silent and said nothing, now I do not hit a rally that I leave them folded.Greetings Begotxu.

2piuviato1frts's profile photo
2piuviato1frts
12/13/2020 11:47 a.m.

K5288pn25.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.