The Alzheimer, new type of diabetes?

fer's profile photo   09/21/2012 12:52 p.m.

Today I have read a tweet that has taken me to this article, I wonder, what have you reached you on this topic? Do you think it may be true?

Insulin could be so important to the mind as for the body.Investigations of recent times have evidenced the possibility that memory loss during Alzheimer's could be due to a new type of diabetes.

A group of American scientists have discovered why insulin, crucial for memory formation, stops working with Alzheimer's disease.They have shown that a toxic protein discovered in the brains of people with Alzheimer's stir of nerve cell insulin receptors, returning to those insulin resistant neurons.

With other studies that show that insulin levels in the brain and their related receptors are lower in people with Alzheimer's, this new study sheds light on an idea that is gaining strength that Alzheimer's is a “type 3” of diabetes.

For the brain, insulin and insulin receptors are vital when learning and handling memory.When insulin joins a receiver in the synapse, a necessary mechanism is lit so that nerve cells survive and form memories.

This would be very good news because of the fact that it could now be tested from using existing drugs to treat patients with diabetes, who could help protect neurons from individuals with Alzheimer's.

fer's profile photo
fer
09/21/2012 12:52 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

There is also talk of the role that insulin plays in cancer ... but there is insulin, "gasoline" does not enter the cells and therefore there is no cell proliferation ...

For me, the Diabetes - Alzheimer's Association (or any other disease) is a vascular issue, as almost everything related to diabetes.
If our individual genome is prone to certain diseases+auspicious environment+complications diseases = Alzheimer's or cancer or ...

It is like fire: fuel+ oxidient+ activation energy ... insulin would be fuel

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
09/21/2012 3:04 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.