Because punishing the fingers if there are alternatives

cronista's profile photo   10/13/2012 3:03 p.m.

Greetings HOUR
I do not endure the punctures to the fingers is superior to me, and tried an alternative to me it is very good that it is to puncture in the thighs rubbed with your hand or do like a clamp with two fingers of the clothes and when the area is reddenedYou click at minimum and you already have the drop of blood.
and tried three or four times to prick the leg and finger and the result to me has been varied if perhaps a couple of decimas.I encourage you to try if the results are the same (let's stop punishing our fingers) I hope your here ... if you go well to pay me a dinner I am satisfied ... xDD
GREETINGS CHRONIST

cronista's profile photo
cronista
10/13/2012 3:03 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

But it has to hurt a lot?On the thighs?With the tenderness that are?I do not know ..., in all ways I will try it because with so many years of diabetes and what remains ..., the fingers someday ..uf, they seem showers.

aurora2's profile photo
aurora2
10/15/2012 8:12 a.m.

Chronicler, try to do two analyzes when you have a hypoglycemia and you are surprised :) If you do it in an area other than the fingers it has a delay (even greater than in the fingertips) fingers)

An article by Roche ( )

Some glycemia monitors allow the use of blood from other parts of the body, such as the palm of the hand, the forearm, the arm, the thigh or the calf.Performing analysis in alternative places is not always ideal.The blood of his fingers quickly shows changes in the blood sugar level, but the blood of alternative places may not do it, so that he would not get the most precise result.Always consult your doctor before performing analysis in alternative places.
Analysis in alternative puncture places LAP, can be recommended when the blood sugar level is stable , for example, immediately before a meal or before going to sleep. Analysis in alternative places are not recommended when the blood sugar level changes rapidly, for example, just after meals or performing a physical exercise.
Never ignore symptoms indicators of a high or low blood sugar level.If the result of your glycemia measurement does not correspond to what you are feeling, perform a test on your finger to confirm the result.

tica's profile photo
tica
10/15/2012 12:12 p.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

Because punishing the fingers if there are alternatives

that goes to have the prietas xdddddddddddddddddddddddddddddivemy messenger

cronista's profile photo
cronista
10/17/2012 9:36 a.m.

continue saying the same why punish the fingers?

cronista's profile photo
cronista
05/16/2013 5:44 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.