Interesting: Freestyle Free Comparison Study vs.Dexcom G4

asanz's profile photo   02/17/2015 4:49 p.m.

I just read the following comparative study, MCG methods, on the following website (first talk about G4 calibrations and then the comparative study):

Type1tennis.blogspot.com.es/search/label/dexcom%20g4

It is interesting to note that it is made by a person with statistical knowledge that applies them as much as possible because one reads every five minutes and another every minute, has tried both systems simultaneously reaching the conclusion that the system ofAbbott is more precise and detects several minutes before Dexcom the variations, affirming the author who has had temptations to save the G4 in a drawer;states not to have conflict of interest.I bought Dexcom G4, but if I get to read it before, I buy the free freestyle.

All the best.

asanz's profile photo
asanz
02/17/2015 4:49 p.m.

Padre de Paco 11 años, debutó Nov 2014
Insulatard+Novorapid mañanas; Levemir+Novorapid noches
Ex-usuario de Dexcom G4. Ahora Freestyle
Hemo: Dic 2015: 6,5 Marzo 2016: 6,0

I'm not going to get into pool, opinions you can find a thousand and one.
As many times it has been repeated here for tastes colors.
I could also say that I am not interested in talking better about one than another and being true or not, nobody would find out about that.
What I have very clear that I have heard and read hundreds of opinions of the two, even people who at first have spoken very well about free and then changed.
I still think that we do not stop comparing the two, and they are not the same or similar.
To start the first thing we have to ask ourselves if we need an apparatus that warns us both of hypoglycemia, so feared by all, as of hyperglycemia and avoid spending a whole night with high blood glucose and would harm us throughout, well if there is theOption that if sleeping someone is going to wake up every 3 hours to do an analysis or pass the free by the arm, or when we are in a sporting event in the race or in Mountain Bike we do not care to stop the Mountain Bike in the middle of the mountain and pass theapparatus, with the alarms I can program them I am luxurious I will not deny it.
Another issue that must be thought of as it has once been commented here, those that we commented that the Dexcom Barre Al Free for continuously notifying the results in the results, is because as it has been said, we are not well controlled, we go when I read thatIt almost gives me hyperglycemia of the scare.For those people who have the thought that those of the Dexcom are poorly controlled because it is for them and that they leave with the free, that yes, to continue in their home in the sofa and with a monotonous life.
It is also curious that those of Abbot have publicized to hype and saucer as the end of capillary analysis cheating all diabetics, because I do not know anyone who has manifested himself in that way saying "since I have the free I have not returned toperform a capillary analysis ".
The Dexcom is more expensive?Well, our partner Pabloj2000 has made the calculations several times to see it and it is a topic that is true, but the trust and security that Dexcom gives to those we need, is it not worth paying it?There is also the theme of what lasts to each one the sensor, to me with 3 weeks of duration I have more than clear and when I lasted 12 to 14 days I was also clear.
Now that each one wonders, do you need the Dexcom?The free?Or Medtronic's?That nobody compares it, I have no idea and I know why it does not compare.
This will always be the same debate.
Now the same question is referring to insulin bombs, are they really necessary?Or only for people also that is poorly controlled?I do not carry a bomb, it is true that I stay for carrying one, but I do not think I can get used to carrying a tube always hooked to a machine, if they brought Spain the omnipod I can assure you that I did not think about it.
The debate is open again.
Asanz I think that with Dexcom we are calmer, but as I said for colors.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
02/17/2015 6:21 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

@asanz, your son debuted very recently and imagine that he will continue on a honeymoon.Everything changes and a lot when it ends.Even more in children and in growth phase.The option you have chosen is not only the best but the only one that will really be useful for you and your child.Do not hesitate for a moment, you have succeeded in your choice.

As for the statistical comparative ... unfortunately my English level does not give me something so long without a tremendous roof pain.But I wonder: what if Dexcom is as imprecise as some say, why all artificial pancreas tests are done with him?Or why the Suspicious Nothing has chosen to combine his latest Gadget Estrella, the iWhatch, with the Dexcom?

I have no doubt that nobody has the slightest doubt: the Dexcom is above the rest of continuous meters.May the others put the batteries, which go late.

aaandres's profile photo
aaandres
02/17/2015 7:20 p.m.

Padre de Andrés, 17 años. Debut: septiembre de 2011.
Levemir (30ud. mañana y 24ud. noche) y Novorapid (en desayuno, comida, merienda y cena 40ud aprox - 24HC/día).
Medidor continuo DEXCOM G4 desde julio 2014
Hemo: 6.2 (Sept. 2013), 7.0 (Dic. 2013), 6.9 (Marzo 2014), 6,6 (Junio 2014), 6,7 (Sept. 2014), 7,0 (Dic. 2014), 7,7 (Mar 2015), 6,9 (Jul. 2015), 7,0 (Sept 2015), 7,4 (Dic 2015), 6,8 (Mar 2016), 6,6 (Julio 2016), 6,8 (Octubre2016)... 7,0 (Mar 2018)

Without poleminating but to learn, I think we have two different topics:

1) The measurement characteristics of each system (on demand, automatic, wifi, NFC, alarms ...), which does not value the study.
2) Precision of the MCG system: it is the one that statistically values ​​the study, I have read it a surprise, and for me the most important thing is that the system is precise and the study clearly exposes which is more precise, and I think thatIt is a well -designed study.

But I repeat, my eagerness is not to poleminate but to offer information so that each one makes appropriate decisions.
Thank you

asanz's profile photo
asanz
02/17/2015 8:07 p.m.

Padre de Paco 11 años, debutó Nov 2014
Insulatard+Novorapid mañanas; Levemir+Novorapid noches
Ex-usuario de Dexcom G4. Ahora Freestyle
Hemo: Dic 2015: 6,5 Marzo 2016: 6,0

The Medtronic's is more expensive than the Dexcom, the sensors cost € 65, last 3 days that lengthens at 6 but no more and then you have the transmitter and receiver expenses just like the DEXCOM, more uncomfortable because the transmitter must be recharged oncea week in a pot as a loader and the receiver goes with 2 AAA batteries, which you change or recharges, but it is much larger than the dexcom or free and weighs much more (I speak of the receiver)
And with respect to the sensor .. I don't like the shape of a bass it has, as only one part is attached to the skin, the other gets hooked with clothes.
I did not convince me

Gala's profile photo
Gala
02/17/2015 8:25 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

Thanks Gala for the information I did not know totally.But we go for what you say now I understand why nobody talks about him.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
02/17/2015 8:29 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Asanz ever polemize, here we are to help us, which we have enough with what we have.
As Aandres told you, I think the MCG you have is the most successful.
Of the statistics do not give you because as their name says they are statistical and it is not an exact science.
The Abbot have to refine a lot and that all the sensors leave the same and not one right and 2 bad, it is a saying, because that relationship is my harvest.It is not as accurate as they say.
You have to see if your child is doing well that it is the most important thing, see if the trends are real.
Do not weigh just a statistic that you have seen, I can assure you that statistics can be changed.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
02/17/2015 9:17 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

Very interesting (especially the free sensor, it was time).
For the rest, I'm going to sleep (calm) something that I can do with Dexcom (with my diabetes I did not sleep peacefully, in fact my body had become accustomed to getting up early several times to look at the glucose).
I still say that there is an abysmal difference, which of course each one will value whether it is so or not, and it is automation.The Dexcom is the "guardian angel" of a diabetic.
Then the issue of precision (and it is my particular case, with my levels) it is a bit indifferent that to 150 one Marce 135 and another 170 ... I already try to be as far as possible from my "low" alarm thanIt is 100, and when you whistle you already have 90 or 110 for me the notice is perfect.

But of course, it is my opinion, I am interestedFrom the notice, it serves me to let me know, and 99% of the time it is right, when I am alarm of 100 ... are 90 or 110, perfect!Sean 230 or 290, perfect! When I whistle that there are 2 arrows going down, whatever, "to the parrot").I am at no time for a 100% accuracy and not let me know.

When the free has alarms, which will obviously arrive - although I still do not understand the concept of the product as in the current market - (which changes the chip and transmitted by Bluetooth, the battery should endure, and there would be no transmitter, better), II seriously propose, meanwhile, for me, it is a step back (or several) as a life with respect to continuous measurement, even if it was reliable 100% (it is an advance with respect to glucose strips, of course).

Pirelli's announcement said ...
"The power without control is useless."

The free can be very powerful, but of "control", 0 potato, come on, that either you are a crack behind the wheel (you have control) and you know what you do in each curve and "skidded", without taking a second one the secondView of the road (tension), or you stick it to all the curves and eating trees, stones, gutters, and "piñazos" "... and for which we are bad drivers like the one who writes and simply dedicate ourselves to looking atThe landscape ... I need something that "correcting" continuously even if it is slower, but at least I do not get out of the road that is what I want.

I see it very simple and simple, but admits all the complexity you want, and that of course, respect.

Greetings

pabloj2000's profile photo
pabloj2000
02/24/2015 12:57 a.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

Pabloj2000 Another famous phrase said "the brief if good, twice good."YO-)

And what I don't understand is for you to let you know when you are about 100. Do you take something with glucose being 100-110?Unless you have dangerous declines with fainting and loss of conscience.You are a really atypical case and with an attitude that is not recommended.

Most times, blood glucose when it reaches 90-110 is stable or rises again, just a few times low up to 69, which is when hypoglycemia is considered.And that it would be only when I should whistle and take us sugar but for what I have tried and read, it is precisely where all interstitial meters fail.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
02/24/2015 4:41 a.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

The truth and being honest I completely ignored these new systems, which although they are or seem to be an advance, follow at least in my case knowing little.I speak with all the ignorance of the world about them, but after browering their respective websites and browse them above, I understand that both sensors are waterproof and nothing affects sweat, water, soap and temperature changes?I also appreciate a recommended size and placement of them, and I don't know if the sensor needle is the same or not, apart from the sensation when carrying it.For me and as someone says up there it is not useful to me and for my work or for my sports practices, since I do not know what resistance it has and what possible risks could cause in case of breakage, apart from not knowing ifIt is recommended for any circumstance.On the other hand, there is accuracy, how good circuits can be failures as well as conventional glucometers.As I said at the beginning, it knows me little for the technological times that run, but for something it begins even if it comes with years of delay either by investment, economic funds or whatever ... but always the best glucometer we will be ourselves, we will be ourselves,although as someone says, it would not be more than someone to do it for us.all the best

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
02/24/2015 1:55 p.m.

DMT1 desde los 12 años (1991)
hbA1c= 5,4

Humalog y Toujeo (mayo 2017)
Humalog y Tresiba (mayo 2016 hasta mayo 2017)
humalog y NPH (desde inicio hasta mayo de 2016)

I particularly believe that each one has a different need and each one has to analyze what it is to know what suits him most.

In my house we are diabetics, both my husband and me, with which I see perfectly and daily that the patterns that serve one do not serve for the other, for example I use the Dexcom but it does not need it, I have lost several timesKnowledge sleeping and he never wakes up in robot mode to eat and the next day you tell it and do not remember (it is something that has already automated).

The issue that one is better controlled because either, my husband in recent months has hemoglobin in seven and little and I, for example, 6.8.

For example, he would find free for him but also convince him, and if he is well as he is alone with the glucometer to complicate his life, you may be overwhelmed by seeing so much number, you generate unnecessary anxiety.

I also tell you that you do not become obsessed with the numbers I until recently used the meter One Touch Ultra Easy and now they have changed it to me for the Verio, out of curiosity as I had strips of both gave me to compare them, and I almost finished crazy, where oneIt gave me 70 the other gave me 110, using the same finger and the same drop (I took a large drop of blood and put in the two meters at the same time) like this in several consecutive tests with which or follow the data of one or you turncrazy!

@Sherpa41 I do understand what I let you know when you are 90, I see when the glucose is going down rapidly (visually you see it with double arrow down) when I see that I am at 80 with double arrowAnd then I am stable, but I do it in less than 10 minutes, the 50's low alert is playing.

@Luvi I'm glad you finally decided to continue in the forum.

lauriki's profile photo
lauriki
02/24/2015 3:33 p.m.

Hemo (8/2016):5% - Dexcom G4 - Novorapid Penfill + Toujeo

Sherpa, will be you who is stable, what a luck of diabetes !!!Because if I show you my graphics in colors, also remember that it goes late so that if you whistle the alarm it is for you to take a look at the device and look and make the decision you think is convenient, either to eat because the trend isTo go down or to put a unit that you go up and it is stable, forget about diabetes, whistle when you have to pay attention, as long as you do not forget you do not have any uncertainty or that to be thinking about the uncle that I have beforeLook at the sugar, or you simply forget to look at you because you are very tuned to work and do not laugh or 5 minutes to breathe

Gala's profile photo
Gala
02/24/2015 4:17 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

Well, I am with Pablo and Gala, to me the Dexcom changed my life, and to live 100 % of the diabetes to make a normal life, except when the Dexcom warns me.It is clear that they are not 100% reliable, and that scares you take (especially if you get a bad sensor or you have the weird body that ever happens), but I have to say, it will always be the best investment I have made.Because when I go down to 38 I fall round, nothing to stabilize alone .. and when the dexcom pita with double arrow down it does not fail .. and when it goes up to every tablet either.The rest of the day I measure me 10 or 20 points of difference I don't care .. I don't care 120 than 140 that does I care if they are 120-140 going up or down.And my husband now sleeps quietly because before every three hours I punctured my finger, because many times I was in 40 and asleep like an angel.Let's see who passes with 40 El Free.It is clear that each person is a world and that it cannot be generalized, but I am clear that at the moment this is my best solution.And if my daughter tomorrow has this misfortune, I would not hesitate to me is the best option and it would be what would leave me the most quiet within the circumstances.

pochola's profile photo
pochola
02/24/2015 4:43 p.m.

DM1 desde 2011 8 puntos Lantus. Todo esfuerzo traerá su recompensa ♥ Hemo 5.7

sherpa41 said:
Pabloj2000 another famous phrase said "the brief if good, twice good".YO-)

And what I don't understand is for you to let you know when you are about 100. Do you take something with glucose being 100-110?Unless you have dangerous declines with fainting and loss of conscience.You are a really atypical case and with an attitude that is not recommended.

Most times, blood glucose when it reaches 90-110 is stable or rises again, just a few times low up to 69, which is when hypoglycemia is considered.And that it would be only when I should whistle and take us sugar but for what I have tried and read, it is precisely where all interstitial meters fail.

Hi Sherpa41 ... I have "Pablo Diabetes" which is a rare disease.

About the alerts, I want me to let me know when I have it at 100, because when I have it at 70 or 80 I already found out and it is already late (headache for eg), I leave the hypo but shattered and it is whatI don't want to.I have dangerous glucose declines (with the Dexcom I see them, and before I suffered them), but never fainted (in 17 years, only 1 faint the first week in front of the educator).But all glucose drops are dangerous (2 arrows)

When I have 100 for me it is time to take glucose, yes.If I am working, head (soda if necessary), I upload it to 180 or 200 and I can work at ease.And if it is night, of course, for that I have it, I fanta to the song with its banana or cookie. I do not sleep with 100, or 120 for anything in the world, and if I see it, I do not close my eyes or joke (nor with the Dexcom, total, to get in 20 minutes ...)

For me to be with the glucose at 100, it is the previous step to something bad (hypoglycemia), little by 3 floors, you stress at work and you fall sweat, you are already "dead."I am envious. People who get up with glucose at 100 and so calm (when I get up with her at 100, is almost always with headache ... and as soon as I take a foot out of bed, 90% ofThe times is for a drop of 1 arrow or more, curious)

Pitar at 69?Come on, for that if I stay with free ... I am not worth anything ... and my "alarm" already jumps (first with the punching in the head and the "bum bum" that of which it explodes you ...

That is why I do not understand that the limit is 100 in the DEXCOM (if it is a simple software adjustment), or that it is customizable.For example, during the work I do not want it to get out of 130, because 100 already implies a "stop" that is not always the right time (and if it is with 2 arrows, that is 100 and 2 arrows going down, as if it were hypoglycemia andGorda ... I have 5 to 10 minutes to react before the "soup")

Each one is a world, to me the dexcom saved my life, I have said it many times ... or insulin ... or strips ... or diets ... only the dexcom, or rather, the continuous measurement.It is half artificial pancreas ... you have the information, and you already fix it to play it between the levels you marks.

What could have much better results?Well yes, but taking into account as alive, the results are excellent (formerly brushing HBA's of 10 and living very badly, now 25% lower, and living great -Liberty at schedules, meals, etc-), come on, "almost "cured!

Greetings

PD: And I fully agree with most comments, such as Gala and Pochola ...
We have gone from times in which we did faith acts in what the endocrine said, to see it with your own eyes ... (and you realize that that of 20grs HC - 1 you, or whatever, is such a theoryNice as the Trócola Board must be careful).

It is to go fromDarkism, at an era where you see everything clear and in "real time" how it works, no acts of faith, or "test-rortazo-prueba-tortazo" .... what an eye, many people do well, healthy envy ... but as long as I can, I prefer the information and see it with my own eyes.

pabloj2000
02/24/2015 10:14 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

Well, if you have a diabetes fucked, sometimes I even like that I get the sugar a lot because I can take an entire can of Fanta or Coca Normal.When you are really low to glory.And then I do not notice any side effect.

Also in my case, with free it depressed me when I was tall, seeing that it took a long time to go down and I couldn't do anything.On the other hand, with the strips, you look at it every two or three hours you correct if you are high and when you return to Miratelo, the correction has already had an effect and you are already well.What is the use of seeing in "real time" if you can't do anything?It gave me a lot of feeling of impotence.

I guess this is why I think you have better control of sugar with strips alone, than not when I used free.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
02/25/2015 2:29 a.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

This of the rivalry dexcom-libre reminds me of Real Madrid-Barcelona fanaticism.hahaha...

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
03/02/2015 11:07 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

Well Han Solo and Atlético de Madrid?Hahaha.Sherpa I cost me two or three times to control what to get a chocolate magnum.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
03/02/2015 1:20 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

Well, you are going to forgive me ... but while the quality of life with this punch (diabetes) is acceptable (which is already a lot), and all thanks to an apparatus (in my case the dexcom, others will goGood, or even bombs, etc ...) I put on the shirt of Madrid, Barcelona and Celta if necessary ...

No ... If here fanaticism I think that is what is least (well, yes, you are going to forgive me but for me the closest to fanaticism is when a doctor tells me about free but for many years, nor many of other superior alternatives-I don't enter price-, as we have seen in the launch campaign)

When life is doing in it (and this, in our case, it is literal) everyone's opinions seem very respectable (even if he does not share them), but it is also true as hundreds of times it has been said, that each diabeticIt is a world (from which hiccups it does not bother him -envidia that I have-, who, as is my case, hurts).And it is also true that the experience and certain knowledge/data (not of diabetes, if not these devices and certain "triquiñuelas") can make you have a different vision (totally) of which the one who proves them a few months (proves them perceives (And of course it costs "to know him", I also say it from experience, but when you "straight", Holy Hand).

I am very clear that I do not change an MGC with alarm (in this case Dexcom, such as Navigator II, but it is understood, total mgc) by a free abbot or a dog that detects hypos, however reliable they are both,Simply because they are of no use - I, eye - (do you know the joke of the Lord who operated his heart because there was an offer and it was very cheap? :))

greetings

pabloj2000
03/05/2015 10:10 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

Hello, I stay with the Dexcon after testing with both of them the free since it has a strips reader, I could only provide it with a sensor and the variation was once of 20, apart from that what I like is thatIt has a historic that in the Dexcon you only have 24h.Another paste of the free is that at 15 days sebloquea is no longer allowed to start being the battery well the Dexcon sensor lasted me 18dias in the belly the second in the forearm 29 days the third in the other arm has already already beenI carry, this is my experience and then the most is the alarm I keep the Dexcon (more honest)

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
05/24/2015 8:44 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Here with the reader asking for reading the stack voltage is maintained, the duration is cut

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
05/24/2015 8:47 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.