Colombia: Patients with diabetes suffer emotional anguish

fer's profile photo   02/23/2015 10:17 a.m.

In Colombia, seven percent of the population suffer from diabetes according to the disease observatory, about three million people, according to the Dawn2 study, which analyzed the situation of patients in 17 countries in the world, half of patients withThe disease suffers emotional anguish.Mike Vivas, medical director of Novo Nordisk.

"These patients have alterations of their mental health in an important way, they have 45 percent suffer from emotional stress, they are people who live permanently stressed, anguished, 14 percent suffer from depression, severe depression, the quality of life qualifies betweenBad and very bad 12 percent and there is a great concern for hypoglycemia. "

According to Vivas, the anguish due to the deterioration of his health is reflected in deterioration of his quality of life, his environment and negative impact on treatment.

According to the study, psychosocial gaps and the needs of care of diabetic patients, therapies that interfere with patient routine and the concern they have to suffer from hypoglycemia are some of the needs not covered in the treatments of the people who liveWith diabetes around the world, research on psychosocial gaps and diabetes care needs.

In Colombia, the concentration of patients with the disease are in the departments of the Coffee, Valle, Antioquia, Santander and Bogotá axis.

fer's profile photo
fer
02/23/2015 10:17 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

You are not Spanish?I say it because most "news" that you publish are from Mejico and South America.

And the truth is that the majority only say that obvious.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
02/23/2015 10:30 a.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

Hi Sherpa41,

That is, however, I do not filter the news by country, if not, by language, and although specific topics are usually discussed and in which people with a lot of experience can also contribute their personal experience, I think it is also good that they are discussedmore general issues, as in this case, that can help recent diagnosed, etc ...

If at some point, I go out of line with general issues, I will accept that you tell me, as in this case!;)

Greetings,

fer's profile photo
fer
02/23/2015 12:52 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.