Ending his life

Beky's profile photo   11/01/2012 3:20 p.m.

A long time ago, a youth friend told me that his sister had diabetes, debuted in adolescence and told me that he did not get along very well.I told him that if I wanted I could talk to me, that I would try to lend him a hand but time passed and we lost contact.Several years ago of that conversation and now that we have been related again, he told me that the whole family is passing it fatal and they are totally desperate.

This girl for what you see has not accepted diabetes and leads a totally self -destructive life.It makes true battered, those of the Samur are already like the family of every time they have gone to recover it.He has had thousands of severe hypoglycemia and countless hyperglycemia.He has been admitted to some center but that has not helped either.It seems that he is losing some vision.To top it up, they have diagnosed a fairly serious disease that they have taken in time but is in a fairly advanced phase.He has been a very young mother too .......

I had thought that I could go see her and talk to her, talk to her of the insulin bomb ...... But I don't know if I could help her at this point, at least try to open her eyes a bit!The family is already resigned and they are already preparing to cry .......... What can I do ???

Beky's profile photo
Beky
11/01/2012 3:20 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi Beky.
Unfortunately we have a special sensitivity to these issues ... when we see a person with diabetes that does not take care of us.I think more than talking about the bomb needs a good psychologist and studying its family/social environment.She is the first one to love.Unfortunately (I am sorry to be a bit abrupt) If after so many efforts from so many people you do not get anything, it is worth focusing more on people than if you want to take care of yourself, this is the latter my opinion, diabetes taught me to be more human but more radical.
Hugs.

Quim's profile photo
Quim
11/02/2012 5:21 a.m.

Beky difficult ballot :(. If she does not want to take care, if she doesn't want to accept diabetes little can be done from the outside, I imagine that her family has already tried everything, I don't know, talk to her, for trying to be ...... but I get the feeling that little can be done ..... :(
I am surprised that being a mother her son is not the main motivation and if he does not motivate that, I think anything motivates her to take care ...

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
11/02/2012 8:18 a.m.

In my opinion (from outside and without knowing anything about the case) Diabetes is not the source of the problem.
In the end, the person is a set of things, where diabetes is one more.
And in this case, perhaps, he has found in diabetes the perfect scapegoat to self -flagel.
I mean that, perhaps, if glycemia were mediated, other manifestations, other excuses, other problems ...

I know a case, a little similar ... I do not know about him, a 15-16 yearMany transgressions, no motivation except with certain rewards and an infamous family environment.
I knew perfectly what I should do and what not ... and despite that, transgression after transgression, season after season in the hospital ...

Because?
Sum of many bad things, too many.

To anyone would happen to Beky, so helpless seeing that there are possibilities of improving and controlling a disease that does not enter your head how you can reach that point.

DiabetesForo
11/02/2012 1:03 p.m.

Totally agree with all three.I told my friend, that a head psychologist but told me that he had also been.I don't know all the details but they have always been a very united family (I think), is the little one of 4 boys, maybe too spoiled ????I do not know, a difficult case, impossible to solve I think and as Quim says I have also become a little more radical, but I am sad to see my friend in this situation.I guess as my husband says you can't go from Juana de Arco for life but I hope to talk to her one day.

Thanks for your support!

Beky's profile photo
Beky
11/02/2012 1:40 p.m.

Little new I have to add, Becky .... For talking with her, nothing is lost, although as they say the problem does not seem to be diabetes ... The psychologist seems to me the best option.Although they have already tried.Sometimes is not the right professional, and you have to keep looking.Much encouragement to the family, to see if they find the way to stop the situation.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
11/04/2012 5:46 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Hello, what age is the girl?Well, I think this girl has an accumulation of more things or I don't know, have you taken to the sicologist or psychiatrist?The truth is the help of these professionals, it is a shame, life is hard but you have to continue as noos has had to live there is no other, this girl urgently needs help, and in hospitalizations they have not valued a psychiatrist? '

chuniña's profile photo
chuniña
11/04/2012 11:38 a.m.

DIABETICA TIPO 1, debut 1999, varias complicaciones( Neuropatía diabética, Cardiopatía Isquémica....)
Novorapid: 1/4/5 Tresiba 0/0/23
Sensor Freestyle Libre

These cases are difficult to solve, there are very few professionals who have the "MajicPuts someone if or it is difficult to get it.

DiabetesForo
04/01/2013 9:04 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.